Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Canada

Notices

Vancouver vs. Victoria

Old 12-24-2009, 12:21 PM   #1
VancityCK has much to be proud ofVancityCK has much to be proud ofVancityCK has much to be proud ofVancityCK has much to be proud ofVancityCK has much to be proud ofVancityCK has much to be proud ofVancityCK has much to be proud ofVancityCK has much to be proud of

VancityCK's Tacoma Gallery
Vancouver vs. Victoria

So, I'm a Vancouver guy, obviously, but I grew up on the Island and my family lives over here, so I visit fairly often. One thing I always notice, and am a little amazed by, is the relative number of hotties over in Vic vs. Van. I'm sure the university and colleges have something to do with it, but add in the fact that Victoria girls are so much friendlier and approachable, and I can't understand why I stay in Vancouver! Maybe its the cleaner air and more relaxed attitude of the island, but man, it works for me

Anyone else notice this, or am I just talking out of my ass?
Old 12-26-2009, 12:08 PM   #2
Taco love in East Van
Canadianboy has a spectacular aura aboutCanadianboy has a spectacular aura aboutCanadianboy has a spectacular aura about

Name: James
Canadianboy's Tacoma Gallery
Also live in Van, but from Van Island originally. I 100% agree with your statement
Old 12-28-2009, 07:57 PM   #3
gptoy has a spectacular aura aboutgptoy has a spectacular aura aboutgptoy has a spectacular aura about
gptoy's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to gptoy
Haven't lived in either but visited both a bunch of times and I have to agree. Just went fishing in Ucluelet last June and they were so friendly (and hot too).
Old 12-29-2009, 09:23 AM   #4
Taco love in East Van
Canadianboy has a spectacular aura aboutCanadianboy has a spectacular aura aboutCanadianboy has a spectacular aura about

Name: James
Canadianboy's Tacoma Gallery
Ucluelet is my home town, born and raised. Planning to move back one day. Where did you stay, Canadian Princess?
Old 12-29-2009, 09:36 AM   #5
My pee parts itch
dexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

dexterdog's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
and I can't understand why I stay in Vancouver!
Probably because there are more prostitutes, strip clubs and marijuana? Just a guess.
Old 12-29-2009, 10:39 AM   #6
sonjay is just really nicesonjay is just really nicesonjay is just really nicesonjay is just really nice

sonjay's Tacoma Gallery
I'd have to agree with you 100%. I love the island way more chill and relaxed, the city life is way way too fast for me! Plus it doesn't rain nearly as much here! UVic is like a magnet for hotties, something like 3-1 girl guy ratio. We do work there often, your only supposed to look for 10 seconds haha, if you get caught they throw your company out!
Old 09-20-2010, 04:13 AM   #7
84Hilux is one of the sharper tools in the shed84Hilux is one of the sharper tools in the shed84Hilux is one of the sharper tools in the shed84Hilux is one of the sharper tools in the shed84Hilux is one of the sharper tools in the shed84Hilux is one of the sharper tools in the shed84Hilux is one of the sharper tools in the shed84Hilux is one of the sharper tools in the shed84Hilux is one of the sharper tools in the shed84Hilux is one of the sharper tools in the shed84Hilux is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gary
84Hilux's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah, I lived in Campbell River for 4 years- The Island people are way less uptight.

The only real pain is the ferries keep getting more expensive and more sailing waits.
Old 09-20-2010, 05:09 PM   #8
Dadic 78 is a glorious beacon of lightDadic 78 is a glorious beacon of lightDadic 78 is a glorious beacon of lightDadic 78 is a glorious beacon of lightDadic 78 is a glorious beacon of lightDadic 78 is a glorious beacon of light

Name: Fil
Dadic 78's Tacoma Gallery
The university has a lot to do with the high hottie-content. Not to mention that many professional athletes train in Victoria through the harsh Canadian winter. That means more buff hotties on the streets!
Old 10-18-2010, 02:49 PM   #9
Zoom-Zoom
gdawg25 has much to be proud ofgdawg25 has much to be proud ofgdawg25 has much to be proud ofgdawg25 has much to be proud ofgdawg25 has much to be proud ofgdawg25 has much to be proud ofgdawg25 has much to be proud ofgdawg25 has much to be proud ofgdawg25 has much to be proud ofgdawg25 has much to be proud of

gdawg25's Tacoma Gallery
I've been working at the University of Victoria since January...I couldn't have asked for a better place to work! Coffee break and lunch break are always the best part of the day...lots of good scenery!
Old 10-22-2010, 11:18 AM   #10
Noob
evil_umbrellacorp has a spectacular aura aboutevil_umbrellacorp has a spectacular aura about

Name: Steve
evil_umbrellacorp's Tacoma Gallery
Victoria

If all you take into account is the city itself, then Victoria beats Vancouver hands down. It's a great place. My only issue is that I love to ski, so I find living in Vic is kinda limiting.
Old 10-27-2010, 08:23 PM   #11
Watching Chris4x4 o.O
borderbrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedborderbrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedborderbrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedborderbrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedborderbrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedborderbrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedborderbrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedborderbrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedborderbrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedborderbrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedborderbrat is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Royal Canadian Navy: Leading seaman, Electrical Technician, CFFS(E), Pacific Fleet
Name: Jeremy
borderbrat's Tacoma Gallery
I don't like either to be completely honest with you all. I like all 4 seasons not just dry and rain. I do however prefer Vic to Van. I'm a country boy and Vancouver is just to big for me to be comfortable. I want to move back to the country.
Old 10-27-2010, 08:25 PM   #12
Watching Chris4x4 o.O
borderbrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedborderbrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedborderbrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedborderbrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedborderbrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedborderbrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedborderbrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedborderbrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedborderbrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedborderbrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedborderbrat is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Royal Canadian Navy: Leading seaman, Electrical Technician, CFFS(E), Pacific Fleet
Name: Jeremy
borderbrat's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by evil_umbrellacorp View Post
If all you take into account is the city itself, then Victoria beats Vancouver hands down. It's a great place. My only issue is that I love to ski, so I find living in Vic is kinda limiting.
Yeah me and the gf try to make it up to Mt Washington at least 6 times a year. 4 hour drive is a little much just to do play in the snow for a day though.
Old 10-28-2010, 10:42 PM   #13
Noob
evil_umbrellacorp has a spectacular aura aboutevil_umbrellacorp has a spectacular aura about

Name: Steve
evil_umbrellacorp's Tacoma Gallery
I don't think Mt Washington is worth it as a day trip from Vic. I usually head over to Van and stay with friends and then I can do Whistler or Baker, and once in a blue moon I'll stay in Whistler. Victoria is about as inconvenient as it gets for skiing. If you go to the trouble of leaving the island for skiing, then you gotta make it worthwhile and ski a few days.
Old 10-28-2010, 10:47 PM   #14
Not very sporting to fire on an unarmed opponent.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Victoria is where old people go to visit their parents .
Old 09-01-2011, 01:57 AM   #16
Living vicariously through everybody
derekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TW'S Hippy Liberal
derekabraham's Tacoma Gallery
Van City, but then again I'm a city person.

Victoria is a beautiful place though!
Old 09-03-2011, 03:02 AM   #18
Adjunct Anarchist
Papa Tac is one of the sharper tools in the shedPapa Tac is one of the sharper tools in the shedPapa Tac is one of the sharper tools in the shedPapa Tac is one of the sharper tools in the shedPapa Tac is one of the sharper tools in the shedPapa Tac is one of the sharper tools in the shedPapa Tac is one of the sharper tools in the shedPapa Tac is one of the sharper tools in the shedPapa Tac is one of the sharper tools in the shedPapa Tac is one of the sharper tools in the shedPapa Tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: Radio Operator
Name: Papa Tac
Papa Tac's Tacoma Gallery
As an Islander (different island), I say Victoria.
Wait, 3 guys jumped us outside a bar there for no reason...
And in Van I watched a stripper have a shower while I ate a beef dip sandwich. For lunch.
Can I change my vote...?

Newfoundland has a Victoria, B.C. also (before/behind Carbonear, depending which direction you're headed)
Old 09-03-2011, 09:26 AM   #19
Not very sporting to fire on an unarmed opponent.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Vancouver Island , but not necessarily Victoria .
Old 09-04-2011, 07:30 PM   #20
the point is simply this
georgeandkanoa is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorgeandkanoa is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorgeandkanoa is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorgeandkanoa is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorgeandkanoa is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorgeandkanoa is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorgeandkanoa is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorgeandkanoa is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorgeandkanoa is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorgeandkanoa is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorgeandkanoa is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: jeff
georgeandkanoa's Tacoma Gallery
I liked Port Renfrew myself,and the girls are def nicer in VIC