Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Canada

Notices

V6 KM per Tank ?

Old 01-05-2010, 06:29 PM   #21
gptoy has a spectacular aura aboutgptoy has a spectacular aura aboutgptoy has a spectacular aura about
gptoy's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to gptoy
Quote:
Originally Posted by jandrews View Post
Ridiculous. We do not have those in the United States, therefore they do not exist.
Ha ha! I nearly spit my beer all over my laptop!

Classic!
Old 01-05-2010, 06:40 PM   #22
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by squad314 View Post
Good point OZ.....So instead of pushing your luck,you are estimating the fuel remaining when the light comes on?
Squad , what I'm getting at is that I was going for gas as soon as the low level light came on , usually after the same km's as you 425 - 450 , but when filling I found I was only adding 65 - 70 litres , which meant I still had 10 - 15 litres onboard when the low level light came on . So I am just projecting how many km's to the tank you would get if you ran it dry , which I hope never happens .

OZ
Old 01-06-2010, 05:49 PM   #23
Thinks he's Steve McQueen
squad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Marc
squad314's Tacoma Gallery
Right on OZ, gotcha.......Thought of this discussion today when I filled up. I put in 68.97 l and set the trip. I'll report back at the next fill with real numbers.
Old 01-07-2010, 06:11 PM   #24
meafordmike is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeafordmike is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeafordmike is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeafordmike is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeafordmike is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeafordmike is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeafordmike is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeafordmike is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeafordmike is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeafordmike is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeafordmike is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: RCR( Royal Canadian Regiment) INF
Name: Mike
meafordmike's Tacoma Gallery
I get about the same as most of you 450Km then fill, but I recently had to drive to N.S from Ont and really pushed the truck and got over 600km a few times. My scanguage helps me keep track of L per/h/km. Highway I can get 11-11.5 LPHK regular small town driving 12.5-13.(summer).
Old 01-14-2010, 08:34 AM   #25
squad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Ugggh!.....Likely my worst mileage yet. It's been very cold here and I did some extensive iding(which I try to avoid). Light came on today at 374 kms and I used 67.51 liters.

So that consumption if my math is correct is 5.54 km/l. So this tank would have netted me 443.2 kms.......Yikes!
Old 01-14-2010, 07:12 PM   #26
Banned
Isthatahemi is one of the sharper tools in the shedIsthatahemi is one of the sharper tools in the shedIsthatahemi is one of the sharper tools in the shedIsthatahemi is one of the sharper tools in the shedIsthatahemi is one of the sharper tools in the shedIsthatahemi is one of the sharper tools in the shedIsthatahemi is one of the sharper tools in the shedIsthatahemi is one of the sharper tools in the shedIsthatahemi is one of the sharper tools in the shedIsthatahemi is one of the sharper tools in the shedIsthatahemi is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Isthatahemi's Tacoma Gallery
I've been getting around 450km - 68ltr fill.
Old 01-14-2010, 07:23 PM   #27
What could go wrong?
Biff is a name known to allBiff is a name known to allBiff is a name known to allBiff is a name known to allBiff is a name known to allBiff is a name known to all

Biff's Tacoma Gallery
Here in Winnipeg, i have had it in 4x4 since just before x-mas and i usually am getting around 425 (all city). My last highway trip though i was getting over 500 km. Right now my truck is a stock SR5.
Old 01-14-2010, 11:33 PM   #28
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by squad314 View Post
Ugggh!.....Likely my worst mileage yet. It's been very cold here and I did some extensive iding(which I try to avoid). Light came on today at 374 kms and I used 67.51 liters.

So that consumption if my math is correct is 5.54 km/l. So this tank would have netted me 443.2 kms.......Yikes!

Squad , seems like our trucks hate winter as much as we do .
Old 01-15-2010, 05:57 PM   #29

Firefighter:
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
Squad , seems like our trucks hate winter as much as we do .
True, but like us intrepid Canadians, they forge on!
Old 01-16-2010, 09:42 AM   #30
David K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shed

David K's Tacoma Gallery
We tried to go metric back in the 1970's... even some highway signs had kilometers in them!

About 525 kms. per tank combined city and hwy. driving, so far (it's new). 75 liter tank, 7 kms per liter... (did I do the math right?)... Is that okay, eh?
Old 01-16-2010, 09:52 AM   #31
johnny12345 is a splendid one to beholdjohnny12345 is a splendid one to beholdjohnny12345 is a splendid one to beholdjohnny12345 is a splendid one to beholdjohnny12345 is a splendid one to beholdjohnny12345 is a splendid one to beholdjohnny12345 is a splendid one to behold
johnny12345's Tacoma Gallery
I was getting around 520km's to a tank. The light would come on with about 15-20 liters still in the tank. Which I thought was quite a bit to be still in there when the light comes on.

Anyhow 3 inches later and set of 285's i've decimated my feul economy. I prolly get around 425km's to a tank if I'm lucky. I could and have run through a tank in like 350km's. I did'nt think modifying my truck would kill my economy this bad
Old 01-17-2010, 03:25 PM   #32
Banned
Isthatahemi is one of the sharper tools in the shedIsthatahemi is one of the sharper tools in the shedIsthatahemi is one of the sharper tools in the shedIsthatahemi is one of the sharper tools in the shedIsthatahemi is one of the sharper tools in the shedIsthatahemi is one of the sharper tools in the shedIsthatahemi is one of the sharper tools in the shedIsthatahemi is one of the sharper tools in the shedIsthatahemi is one of the sharper tools in the shedIsthatahemi is one of the sharper tools in the shedIsthatahemi is one of the sharper tools in the shed
is your truck 4cyl or V6? an SR5 can be a lot of things....
Old 01-17-2010, 10:03 PM   #33
rab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ross
rab89's Tacoma Gallery
Ok, so I get about 400km/ tank, but I have 265 75 16 tires, anyone know what my true km/tank would be?
Old 01-18-2010, 06:00 AM   #34
Resident Canuck
HwyRogue is a name known to allHwyRogue is a name known to allHwyRogue is a name known to allHwyRogue is a name known to allHwyRogue is a name known to allHwyRogue is a name known to all

HwyRogue's Tacoma Gallery
...gimme a couple of more days and I'll add up the gallons I burned up driving from SK to NS...averaging 80mph 95% of the trip
Old 01-18-2010, 06:17 PM   #35

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
445 kms , with a 67 litre fill = 6.64 kms/litre

Projected 80 litre tank would get me 531 litres , but it has been very mild here , 8 to 11 C during the day ,

OZ
Old 01-18-2010, 06:20 PM   #36

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by rab89 View Post
Ok, so I get about 400km/ tank, but I have 265 75 16 tires, anyone know what my true km/tank would be?
You would need to know what your stock tire size was that your odometer was calibrated too , then use the site tire size calculator ( It's in the wheels / tires sub section ) and find the difference in your tire size to adjust your mileage .

OZ
Old 01-18-2010, 06:23 PM   #37
rab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ross
rab89's Tacoma Gallery
stock was 245 75 16
Old 01-18-2010, 06:32 PM   #38
stan powers will become famous soon enoughstan powers will become famous soon enough
stan powers's Tacoma Gallery
hey guys. here in vancouver i am getting 450 km out of 3/4 tank. i always fill up at a 1/4 left and it is always between 58 and 61 litres to the top. we have had a really mild winter so i think i am benefiting from that. hopefully i will see better in the summer. i actually think my truck does pretty good MPG wise. thanks
Old 01-18-2010, 08:11 PM   #39

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by rab89 View Post
stock was 245 75 16
265/75/16 are 3.7 % bigger than stock 245/75/16 , your 400km would adjust to 415 km,

OZ
Old 01-18-2010, 08:16 PM   #40
Banned
On a 2005+, that size tire would merely correct the factory inaacuracy. With an 01, who knows..... GPS it, or use mile markers.