Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Canada

Notices

V6 KM per Tank ?

Old 01-24-2013, 09:17 AM   #401
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe ....
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gylar View Post
I get under 400 kms per tank....ouch.
Looks like I'm headed toward that for this tank for some reason
Old 01-24-2013, 09:24 AM   #402
DueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
DueNorth's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
Looks like I'm headed toward that for this tank for some reason
Winter time, i can expect that. I should say 400 is a really good distance for me... usually its around 350-380 and thats with a 70-30 hwy/city split.
Old 01-24-2013, 09:27 AM   #403
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Winter time, i can expect that. I should say 400 is a really good distance for me... usually its around 350-380 and thats with a 70-30 hwy/city split.
What fuel do you use ?

I usually always get 425kms when the light comes on , even in winter , with 450 lbs of canopy and tools , an OME lift and 32 1/2" tires
Old 01-24-2013, 10:34 AM   #404
DueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
What fuel do you use ?

I usually always get 425kms when the light comes on , even in winter , with 450 lbs of canopy and tools , an OME lift and 32 1/2" tires
I normally use fuel from Shell, 87 octane.
I'm carrying maybe the same weight with armor and bumpers, etc and also running 285's but im regeared to 4.56's. RPM's run a little high on the highway so that's mostly my problem.
Old 01-24-2013, 07:08 PM   #405
peiscooter is on a distinguished road

peiscooter's Tacoma Gallery
Just bought truck 2 weeks ago. Last tank was 400 kms, which included a 70 km run in 4wd in a snowstorm and the rest of the tank was short trips at -25C. I'm assuming it should not get worse than that
Old 01-24-2013, 11:01 PM   #406

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I normally use fuel from Shell, 87 octane.
I'm carrying maybe the same weight with armor and bumpers, etc and also running 285's but im regeared to 4.56's. RPM's run a little high on the highway so that's mostly my problem.
I run 91 , Shell when I can get it ( there isn't a Shell local to me )
Old 01-24-2013, 11:12 PM   #407
rawdog has a spectacular aura aboutrawdog has a spectacular aura about

Name: Steve
rawdog's Tacoma Gallery
I get a consistent 400km per tank.. mind you its almost all city, and using 4wd at LEAST once during each tank
Old 02-14-2013, 06:22 PM   #409
Turn up the good, turn down the suck!
RPD STARS is on a distinguished road

Law Enforcement:
RPD STARS's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I get under 400 kms per tank....ouch.
Ya, me too... I always thought it was just mine...
Old 02-14-2013, 06:27 PM   #410

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPD STARS View Post
Ya, me too... I always thought it was just mine...
Hmmm, like I stated earlier, I've regeared and carry a whole pile of extra weight including a topper, front and rear steel plate bumpers and full armor for the most part. What's your excuse? lol
Old 02-15-2013, 04:45 AM   #411
frog
jamtoz is one of the sharper tools in the shedjamtoz is one of the sharper tools in the shedjamtoz is one of the sharper tools in the shedjamtoz is one of the sharper tools in the shedjamtoz is one of the sharper tools in the shedjamtoz is one of the sharper tools in the shedjamtoz is one of the sharper tools in the shedjamtoz is one of the sharper tools in the shedjamtoz is one of the sharper tools in the shedjamtoz is one of the sharper tools in the shedjamtoz is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: James
jamtoz's Tacoma Gallery
winter time 350/tank summer time 500/tank
Old 02-15-2013, 12:04 PM   #412
Turn up the good, turn down the suck!
RPD STARS is on a distinguished road

Law Enforcement:
RPD STARS's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Hmmm, like I stated earlier, I've regeared and carry a whole pile of extra weight including a topper, front and rear steel plate bumpers and full armor for the most part. What's your excuse? lol
OMG! it really is just me.... Maybe its my foot!? Oh well, I have already excepted it as normal lol
Old 02-16-2013, 08:12 AM   #413

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPD STARS View Post
OMG! it really is just me.... Maybe its my foot!? Oh well, I have already excepted it as normal lol
It's gotta be your foot dude! lol With a CAI and exhaust done plus sitting on 32" tires you should be able to lock down some better fuel mileage numbers, i would hope.

I've gotten to the point of possibly buying an older Civic for a daily driver/commuter just to help save on fuel costs, at least till the truck is paid off...
Old 02-16-2013, 08:56 AM   #414
A3umph is one of the sharper tools in the shedA3umph is one of the sharper tools in the shedA3umph is one of the sharper tools in the shedA3umph is one of the sharper tools in the shedA3umph is one of the sharper tools in the shedA3umph is one of the sharper tools in the shedA3umph is one of the sharper tools in the shedA3umph is one of the sharper tools in the shedA3umph is one of the sharper tools in the shedA3umph is one of the sharper tools in the shedA3umph is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: once upon a time SP/4
A3umph's Tacoma Gallery
According to my calculations I would get 620 km to a tank but I never run it that low. 530 km is about the max I've run it. I use this to do easy conversions. Click on the quick links and it has one just for the most common automotive conversions.

http://www.onlineconversion.com/index.htm
Old 02-16-2013, 08:59 AM   #415

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by A3umph View Post
According to my calculations I would get 620 km to a tank but I never run it that low. 530 km is about the max I've run it. I use this to do easy conversions. Click on the quick links and it has one just for the most common automotive conversions.

http://www.onlineconversion.com/index.htm
Ain't nobody got time fo dat
Old 02-16-2013, 10:13 AM   #416
A3umph is one of the sharper tools in the shedA3umph is one of the sharper tools in the shedA3umph is one of the sharper tools in the shedA3umph is one of the sharper tools in the shedA3umph is one of the sharper tools in the shedA3umph is one of the sharper tools in the shedA3umph is one of the sharper tools in the shedA3umph is one of the sharper tools in the shedA3umph is one of the sharper tools in the shedA3umph is one of the sharper tools in the shedA3umph is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: once upon a time SP/4
A3umph's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Ain't nobody got time fo dat

I guess 6 000 000 000 shake is a long time to some.
Old 02-16-2013, 10:51 AM   #418
TRUCK YEAH
Saskquatch11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaskquatch11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaskquatch11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaskquatch11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaskquatch11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaskquatch11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaskquatch11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaskquatch11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaskquatch11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaskquatch11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaskquatch11 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Saskquatch11's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Light on at 420 as ever
same for my last tank, but aboot 50km of that was in 4wd.
Old 02-16-2013, 10:55 AM   #419
Resident Jackass
Krazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: EMT - Alberta Health Services - Olds
Name: Power Serge
Krazie Sj's Tacoma Gallery
450-480 the light came on. Suckah's!

Mostly 105km/h cruising with minor city driving.

Nyuck nyuck nyuck!
Old 02-16-2013, 02:50 PM   #420

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
All my driving is between 50-80kph , generally at around 2500-3000 rpm due to hills