Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Canada

Notices

V6 KM per Tank ?

Old 01-18-2010, 11:46 PM   #41
rab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ross
rab89's Tacoma Gallery
hmm, well that's not all that good, maybe it's just my heavy foot
Old 01-19-2010, 07:40 AM   #42
TheEh-Team.ca
buck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuck is one of the sharper tools in the shed
buck's Tacoma Gallery
My last fill-up I was getting 14L/100km
In the summer I was getting 12L/100km on avg.

Mostly highway between 110 & 130 km/h.

New plugs/filters/oil in December. You've really got to baby the throttle to get any kind of decent mileage out of these 4.0L's.
Old 01-19-2010, 06:04 PM   #43
Banned
Isthatahemi is one of the sharper tools in the shedIsthatahemi is one of the sharper tools in the shedIsthatahemi is one of the sharper tools in the shedIsthatahemi is one of the sharper tools in the shedIsthatahemi is one of the sharper tools in the shedIsthatahemi is one of the sharper tools in the shedIsthatahemi is one of the sharper tools in the shedIsthatahemi is one of the sharper tools in the shedIsthatahemi is one of the sharper tools in the shedIsthatahemi is one of the sharper tools in the shedIsthatahemi is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Isthatahemi's Tacoma Gallery
Well, you`ve got a magic Tacoma. Because mine uses 14L per 100k`s at 110kmh. No wind no grade warmed up. At 130, 17LHK. either that or mines a turd.
Old 01-19-2010, 06:27 PM   #44
Yamaha
Canadian Max is a name known to allCanadian Max is a name known to allCanadian Max is a name known to allCanadian Max is a name known to allCanadian Max is a name known to allCanadian Max is a name known to all

Name: Mike
Canadian Max's Tacoma Gallery
My Tacoma is new with 677 kms. City driving, using 4x4 on and off (Winter), so considering all that, according to Gas Cubby I get....

Average KM/l= 5.24
Maximum KM/L= 5.84
Minimum KM/L= 4.65
Cost per fill up $70.97
Total Liters 129.24
Total Kms 677
Cost per km $0.21
cost per liter $1.10
liters per fill up 64.62
Kms per fill up 338.50

19.1 Liters per 100kms or 12.3 MPG

= Gas Whore Hope it gets better
Old 01-19-2010, 11:50 PM   #45
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe ....
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Roughly 15 L / 100 km for me , rural driving , nothing over 110 km/hr , but lots of short start and stop .

OZ
Old 01-24-2010, 08:24 PM   #46
Banned
Isthatahemi is one of the sharper tools in the shedIsthatahemi is one of the sharper tools in the shedIsthatahemi is one of the sharper tools in the shedIsthatahemi is one of the sharper tools in the shedIsthatahemi is one of the sharper tools in the shedIsthatahemi is one of the sharper tools in the shedIsthatahemi is one of the sharper tools in the shedIsthatahemi is one of the sharper tools in the shedIsthatahemi is one of the sharper tools in the shedIsthatahemi is one of the sharper tools in the shedIsthatahemi is one of the sharper tools in the shed
FWIW - The mileage rating for the 2010 Tacoma in Canada is lower than for the 2005 - 09. Not sure why, but it`s rated about 2% lower.
Old 03-06-2010, 03:53 PM   #47
DieselTech is a jewel in the roughDieselTech is a jewel in the roughDieselTech is a jewel in the roughDieselTech is a jewel in the rough

Name: Jeremy
DieselTech's Tacoma Gallery
i get about 350 km's to a tank.. 50/50 of city to highway.
Old 03-06-2010, 04:25 PM   #48
Resident Jackass
Krazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: EMT - Alberta Health Services - Olds
Name: Power Serge
Krazie Sj's Tacoma Gallery
Really? With 265x75R16 I get 550kms. 3/4 highway driving and HARD city driving with no warm up.

Are you factoring in larger tire size and the discrepancy with the odometer?
Old 03-06-2010, 04:36 PM   #49
DieselTech is a jewel in the roughDieselTech is a jewel in the roughDieselTech is a jewel in the roughDieselTech is a jewel in the rough

Well, I'm running 285's, and i do constantly find myself matting it to hear that flowmaster.. but hey your only live once.
Old 03-06-2010, 05:13 PM   #50
Resident Jackass
Krazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I know how it is, I have a Borla and the feeling is very mutual.

With those tires you're probably closer to 450km per tank.
Old 03-07-2010, 10:45 AM   #51
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krazie Sj View Post
Really? With 265x75R16 I get 550kms. 3/4 highway driving and HARD city driving with no warm up.

Are you factoring in larger tire size and the discrepancy with the odometer?
I have to question this claim of 550kms per tank, as my truck is driven 90% highway, by my wife, no warmup. And has never hit 500kms on a 70 liter fill. She drives 95 - 110 kph.
Old 03-07-2010, 11:39 AM   #52
Resident Jackass

I'll take a picture of the odometer next time. Every fill up I trip it.
I also have an Airaid shortram intake and a borla cat-back exhaust. Not sure if they make much of a difference. I'm also religious about changing my oil every 5000kms with synthetic. Driving 100-110km/h really helps too.
Old 03-07-2010, 12:34 PM   #53
Carolina Alliance Southwest Region Ambassador
jandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jandrews's Tacoma Gallery
Ha! Someone neg repped me for the joke I made on the first page of the thread...like, 2 months ago.

In response, positive rep for everyone who got the joke.
Old 03-07-2010, 04:23 PM   #54
meafordmike is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeafordmike is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeafordmike is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeafordmike is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeafordmike is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeafordmike is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeafordmike is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeafordmike is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeafordmike is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeafordmike is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeafordmike is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: RCR( Royal Canadian Regiment) INF
meafordmike's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jandrews View Post
Ridiculous. We do not have those in the United States, therefore they do not exist.
Its funny because its so true
Old 03-07-2010, 04:32 PM   #55
Yamaha
Canadian Max is a name known to allCanadian Max is a name known to allCanadian Max is a name known to allCanadian Max is a name known to allCanadian Max is a name known to allCanadian Max is a name known to all

Canadian Max's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jandrews View Post
Ha! Someone neg repped me for the joke I made on the first page of the thread...like, 2 months ago.

In response, positive rep for everyone who got the joke.

OMG... Someone neg repped me also....Clowns..
Old 03-07-2010, 05:47 PM   #56
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isthatahemi View Post
I have to question this claim of 550kms per tank, as my truck is driven 90% highway, by my wife, no warmup. And has never hit 500kms on a 70 liter fill. She drives 95 - 110 kph.

Isthat ,

I got 480 kms with a 70 litre fill last week , I was doing more highway driving than I usually do though ,

OZ
Old 03-07-2010, 06:51 PM   #57

I've gotten 520 km's to a 70 litre fill, This was Pre-mods, Still witha 50/50 highway to city
Old 03-10-2010, 09:28 PM   #58
Resident Jackass

Sorry for the size, but I can get another 25kms easy before I really start to sweat it. And that again, was with some HARD driving. Not all of it, but easily a ¼.
Attached Thumbnails
V6 KM per Tank ?-s3600007.jpg  
Old 03-11-2010, 12:25 AM   #59

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krazie Sj View Post

Sorry for the size, but I can get another 25kms easy before I really start to sweat it. And that again, was with some HARD driving. Not all of it, but easily a ¼.
PS you need some oil ?

OZ
Old 03-11-2010, 12:33 AM   #60
Gots a Taco!
Series1000 is just really niceSeries1000 is just really niceSeries1000 is just really niceSeries1000 is just really nice
Series1000's Tacoma Gallery
That light means the tea is done!