Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Canada

Notices

V6 KM per Tank ?

Old 01-04-2010, 12:02 AM   #1
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe ....
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
V6 KM per Tank ?

I know it's been covered in the regular forum in MPG per tank , but I'm sick of converting miles to km's and litres to gallons , so for all of us Canadians , how many KM's do you get per tank ?

I set my trip meter at every fill and nail about 535 kms / tank .

OZ
Old 01-04-2010, 04:08 PM   #2
Official TW Igloo Builder
cantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hugh Jass
cantac09's Tacoma Gallery
today i got 430.1 kms and i put 60 litres in but thats with 245/70/16 winter tires
Old 01-04-2010, 06:09 PM   #3
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by cantac09 View Post
today i got 430.1 kms and i put 60 litres in but thats with 245/70/16 winter tires

so that puts you at 573 kms for the tank without adjusting for the tires , 552 +/- when you factor in the smaller tires .
Old 01-04-2010, 07:38 PM   #4
Thinks he's Steve McQueen
squad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Marc
squad314's Tacoma Gallery
I strive for 450 kms before the light comes on and can only achieve that with significant highway driving.....My problem is that almost all of my driving is City, and realistically I'm 425.
Old 01-04-2010, 07:40 PM   #5
VanCity Taco.
ilg is a splendid one to beholdilg is a splendid one to beholdilg is a splendid one to beholdilg is a splendid one to beholdilg is a splendid one to beholdilg is a splendid one to beholdilg is a splendid one to beholdilg is a splendid one to behold

ilg's Tacoma Gallery
I get around 400-450 per tank, but I do a lot of city driving so that definitely kills my millage. I also track what I get out of a tank with the trip meter.
Old 01-04-2010, 07:44 PM   #6
Displaced Texan
MotoXFreeStyle61 is a name known to allMotoXFreeStyle61 is a name known to allMotoXFreeStyle61 is a name known to allMotoXFreeStyle61 is a name known to allMotoXFreeStyle61 is a name known to allMotoXFreeStyle61 is a name known to all

Air Force: 1LT
MotoXFreeStyle61's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to MotoXFreeStyle61 Send a message via MSN to MotoXFreeStyle61
To be honest I wish we went to the metric system here in the states. So much easier to deal with than the english system. Just my opinion from an engineer's point of view.
Old 01-04-2010, 08:02 PM   #7
Carolina Alliance Southwest Region Ambassador
jandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jandrews's Tacoma Gallery
What the hell is a KM? You mean like mud tires?
Old 01-04-2010, 08:53 PM   #9
jandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotoXFreeStyle61 View Post

Ridiculous. We do not have those in the United States, therefore they do not exist.
Old 01-04-2010, 10:25 PM   #10

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jandrews View Post
Ridiculous. We do not have those in the United States, therefore they do not exist.

I like this guy , he can visit
Old 01-04-2010, 10:31 PM   #11

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by squad314 View Post
I strive for 450 kms before the light comes on and can only achieve that with significant highway driving.....My problem is that almost all of my driving is City, and realistically I'm 425.
Squad , do you pay attention to how many litres you put in when you gas up ? I started really paying attention to my mileage ( kilometerage ? ) and I found I was filling when the light came on at about 450 but usually still had 15 litres in the tank , so 450 kms at 65 litres is 6.9 kms / litre , so for the full 80 we should expect 552 +/- ,

Bill Nye , Science Guy signing off ....
Old 01-04-2010, 10:36 PM   #12
Official TW Igloo Builder
cantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hugh Jass
cantac09's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
so that puts you at 573 kms for the tank without adjusting for the tires , 552 +/- when you factor in the smaller tires .
no cuz those are even smaller than stock but it is winter driving so they probably cancel eachother out
Old 01-04-2010, 11:39 PM   #13

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by cantac09 View Post
no cuz those are even smaller than stock but it is winter driving so they probably cancel eachother out
You're right , I had factored in the wrong stock tire size , you have a trd , no ? Stock tire size should be 265 / 65 / 17 which are 3.5 % larger than 245 / 70 /16 according to the site tire size calculator . So you're mileage would be 552.94 .
Old 01-05-2010, 05:22 AM   #14

Quote:
I like this guy , he can visit
Old 01-05-2010, 07:17 AM   #15
Yamaha
Canadian Max is a name known to allCanadian Max is a name known to allCanadian Max is a name known to allCanadian Max is a name known to allCanadian Max is a name known to allCanadian Max is a name known to all

Name: Mike
Canadian Max's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
What the hell is a KM? You mean like mud tires?
OMFG are you SERIOUS?

Old 01-05-2010, 07:57 AM   #16
Thinks he's Steve McQueen
squad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Marc
squad314's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Squad , do you pay attention to how many litres you put in when you gas up ? I started really paying attention to my mileage ( kilometerage ? ) and I found I was filling when the light came on at about 450 but usually still had 15 litres in the tank , so 450 kms at 65 litres is 6.9 kms / litre , so for the full 80 we should expect 552 +/- ,

Bill Nye , Science Guy signing off ....
Good point OZ.....So instead of pushing your luck,you are estimating the fuel remaining when the light comes on?
Old 01-05-2010, 08:09 AM   #17
Tsenekos has much to be proud ofTsenekos has much to be proud ofTsenekos has much to be proud ofTsenekos has much to be proud ofTsenekos has much to be proud ofTsenekos has much to be proud ofTsenekos has much to be proud ofTsenekos has much to be proud ofTsenekos has much to be proud of

Name: Greg
Tsenekos's Tacoma Gallery
400km it uses 60 Litres
Old 01-05-2010, 09:23 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian Max View Post
OMFG are you SERIOUS?
Are you?

And please refrain from calling me stupid when you're too slow to get the joke. You look like a moron to anyone with half an ounce of perception.
Old 01-05-2010, 01:08 PM   #19
Yamaha
Canadian Max is a name known to allCanadian Max is a name known to allCanadian Max is a name known to allCanadian Max is a name known to allCanadian Max is a name known to allCanadian Max is a name known to all

Name: Mike
Canadian Max's Tacoma Gallery
Question

Quote:
Are you?

And please refrain from calling me stupid when you're too slow to get the joke. You look like a moron to anyone with half an ounce of perception.
Yes I am serious, in your reply you didn't have a smiley icon or lol to indicate you were joking... What did you expect from text, mind readers?
Old 01-05-2010, 03:44 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian Max View Post
Yes I am serious, in your reply you didn't have a smiley icon or lol to indicate you were joking... What did you expect from text, mind readers?
No, I expected Moto's response, which is why everything worked fine...until reading the whole thread went out of style.

I'll admit, I have a penchant for trolling the less perceptive. But they deserve it.