1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

WHO LIVES IN CANADA!! (not just new members everyone that applies)

Discussion in 'Canada' started by skulltacoma, Jan 21, 2010.

1. Jan 21, 2010 at 10:01 PM
    skulltacoma

skulltacoma [OP] Make more better!

Member:
    First Name:
    BEN
    Calgary, AB, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2009 toyota tacoma trd modified
    CAI, dynomax turbo exhaust system,tinted windows medium on the fronts to match the backs, hid kit hi and low beam, pop and lock tailgate, painted calipers red with caliper paint, put 2.25' leveling kit in front and a 1" block in the rear. its now level and rides WAY better (readylift)>way nicer than the revtek my buddy has i think its garbage imo<, hurst "T" shifter, 18 x 10 american racing (can't remember the name) chrome rims with badass 5 inch lip :), 12 inch rockford fosgate punch with rockford fosgate 600 watt amp, bushwacker fender flares (cheaper than replacing the one i wrecked lol) ,kc light bar with kc lights, toyota aluminum stamped skid plate, and a skull front license plate. More mods to come, thinking a 6 inch lift and arb bumper etc etc.
    Got to thinking today I wonder where all the canadians are if you want please just drop a line where you are in canada what you run on your truck etc or whatever comes to mind thanks and happy wheeling

Ben.

2. Jan 21, 2010 at 10:47 PM
    LJD

LJD Well-Known Member

Member:
    Hello fellow canadian,

I live on Vancouver island, BC and a I have a couple simple mods to my truck right now. Just de badged it and tinted the two front windows. I have my six in Fabtech with coil overs on order, along with my 35 in BF KM2's and 18 in KMC monster wheels. I'm also currently looking into ordering a leer canopy and considering fabricating a bed for the box which would be convenient for camping, road trips, sleeping in and storing gear underneath, etc. I am still looking into bumpers right now but have yet to find anything that I am pleased with but I believe it's just a matter of research and personal preference. That's my current set up and future plans. I plan on putting up a build thread once it is all completed for those who may be interested.

Take care

3. Jan 22, 2010 at 11:22 AM
    skulltacoma

Member:
    First Name:
    BEN
    Calgary, AB, Canada
    Vehicle:
    CAI, dynomax turbo exhaust system,tinted windows medium on the fronts to match the backs, hid kit hi and low beam, pop and lock tailgate, painted calipers red with caliper paint, put 2.25' leveling kit in front and a 1" block in the rear. its now level and rides WAY better (readylift)>way nicer than the revtek my buddy has i think its garbage imo<, hurst "T" shifter, 18 x 10 american racing (can't remember the name) chrome rims with badass 5 inch lip :), 12 inch rockford fosgate punch with rockford fosgate 600 watt amp, bushwacker fender flares (cheaper than replacing the one i wrecked lol) ,kc light bar with kc lights, toyota aluminum stamped skid plate, and a skull front license plate. More mods to come, thinking a 6 inch lift and arb bumper etc etc.
    Right on buddy I'm to the east of you in calgary alberta. Let me know how that fabtech works out i heard its a nice kit but i have heard the shocks suck on that kit too and be careful i have heard some six inch kits can harm the frame. but now you can restrenghten the fram with gussets i was told straight from my toyota mechanic whose also a wicked buddy of mine im looking aat doing the procomp 6 and changing the shocks to fox shox and maybe better leafs and fox shox for the rear. BUT LET ME KNOW HOW IT WORKS AND BE Careful with the backspacing on your rims when you wanna run 35s

let me know if your ever selling stuff because it would be easy to ship it to alberta!

happy wheeling.

Ben.

4. Jan 22, 2010 at 6:17 PM
    squad314

squad314 Thinks he's Steve McQueen

Member:
    First Name:
    Marc
    Into the mystic....(foggy Saint John, NB)
    Vehicle:
    2018 TrD Sport Upgrade
    "Hello Kitty" steering wheel cover.
    Ben, welcome Buddy.Check out the Canadian sub-section and look for the "roll call" thread......It's got so many Canadians you can practically smell the back bacon and taste the Moosehead.:D

TacoPacific likes this.
  5. Jan 22, 2010 at 6:26 PM
    FullDub

FullDub Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    09-TRD Sport 4x4
    I live in Vancouver,

only mods on my truck are some new BF A/Ts

6. Jan 22, 2010 at 6:42 PM
    AK27

AK27 Well-Known Member

Member:
    i'm in central ontario. so far i only have a few simple mods (tinted front windows, bhlm, stubby antenna). in about a month i will have my OME lift kit :woot:

7. Jan 22, 2010 at 6:44 PM
    stan powers

stan powers Active Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2010 taco dc
    chilliwack BC

8. Jan 22, 2010 at 6:50 PM
    ripper963

ripper963 Member

Member:
    kelowna BC
    Vehicle:
    09 tacoma SR5
    Trd cool air intake, magnaflow exhaust. Toytec Ultimate lift kit, LR uca's
    Kelowna BC
    just a few mods. TRD cai (makes huge difference in acc) magnaflow exhaust, Toytec ultimate lift kit, Light Racing uca's, and have some BF mt2's on the way!

9. Jan 22, 2010 at 8:42 PM
    buck

buck Don't sweat the petty - pet the sweaty

Member:
    Ontario, Canada
    Vehicle:
    15 DC V6 4x4 TRD Magnetic Gray
    High-flow coconut smiley-face air freshener.
    I'm in central Ontario also.

Got the windows tinted, some runningboards, extra bed tie-down rings and 17" sport rims.

I'd love to get a URD or TRD blower and a LT kit, but that's not going to happen anytime soon.

Cheers.

10. Jan 22, 2010 at 9:46 PM
    borderbrat

borderbrat Watching Chris4x4 o.O

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeremy
    Victoria BC, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2012 DCLB, STOCK..But not for long
    (old truck 2008 AC ....PIAA fogs, led "puddle" lights, bed lights, in cab 115V, Toyota Devil emblem, Randy Ellis light bar with LED light bar, OME 885 and Dakar leaf springs OME shock all round, 2.5 Gal OBA system with air horns, iPod adapter, scangauge on blend mount, magnaflow catback, bike fork mounts, tinted 2009 tails.)
    victoria bc for this guy
    OME lift bunch of lights OBA with some air horns TW sticker theres more but those are the big ones wan't to hit some trails haven't been out in forever. Oh and i love pulling vehicle out of snowbanks up at mount washington.

11. Jan 22, 2010 at 9:49 PM
    Tsenekos

Tsenekos Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Greg
    Edmonton, CANADA
    Vehicle:
    2005 DC 4WD trd offroad
    Toytec 3" lift w coils,1.5 AAL,5100's all around,diff drop kit, axel shims,N-Fab nerf bars,bestop supertop,fog mod, weathertech mats
    Deadmonton, Alberta :)

12. Jan 22, 2010 at 9:57 PM
    05trdsport

05trdsport Well-Known Member

Member:
    Calgary AB CAN
    Vehicle:
    2005 TRD Sport Silver
    K&N cold air intake, Aroturbine exhaust OME 885's on OME Nitrochargers, Total Chaos UCA, 1-1/4" wheel spacers, TRD sport wheels coated flat black, dick cepek AT 285/70/17, Alcan AAL/OME rear struts, Blacked out front valance, bhlm headlights, nav/ipod eclipse headunit. URD maf calibrator with map option. Supercharger in the works.
    calgary represent. if we get enough of the AB crew we should arrange a meet!

13. Jan 22, 2010 at 10:18 PM
    coglark07

coglark07 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Agassiz BC
    Vehicle:
    Tacoma TRD Sport
    fog lights on without headlights, nfab light bar with piaa 520 fogs
    Agassiz BC. I have piaa 520s on a nfab light bar to go with my toyo a/ts... also removed my mudflaps via deep crossditches(they were too low anyway:D). Also done the foglight on anytime mod( I love this site!):canada:

14. Jan 23, 2010 at 9:44 AM
    skulltacoma

Member:
    First Name:
    BEN
    Calgary, AB, Canada
    Vehicle:
    theres some thinking !!! i like this idea im in calgary. It would help to know a few more tacoma owners and such plus if people have modded thier trucks we can look at each others to see where we wanna go i really like this idea but we need to figure out how many albertans are on here.... i think it may be more worth while to go to b.c. maybe and make a road trip and have a huge amount of tacomas join along the way out to honcover ? maybe an idea? let me know what you think everyone about a cross province or cross canada trip? i think it could be neat as hell maybe with a lil bit of trail rides as well? but they would have to be simple trail rides with aggressive sections because some people like me haven't lifted their trucks .... YET! and i don't trash on it i got a bush truck for that but it wouldn't wanna go cross country its almost off road only.... idonno let me know what you think and if there is enough people willing to participate maybe we will get something together either alberta or alberta to bc trip or ultimately cross canada trip would be awesome.

thanks

Ben.

15. Jan 23, 2010 at 9:48 AM
    skulltacoma

Member:
    First Name:
    BEN
    Calgary, AB, Canada
    Vehicle:

i got the toyo opencountry ats too and their not bad at all their pretty good but i want to get general ats or goodyear duratracs i haven't had the duratracs yet but i hear their awesome and how did the foglight mod work out for you easy medium hard any dislikes im planning to do it soon.

16. Jan 23, 2010 at 10:53 AM
    05trdsport

05trdsport Well-Known Member

Member:
    Calgary AB CAN
    Vehicle:
    2005 TRD Sport Silver
    K&N cold air intake, Aroturbine exhaust OME 885's on OME Nitrochargers, Total Chaos UCA, 1-1/4" wheel spacers, TRD sport wheels coated flat black, dick cepek AT 285/70/17, Alcan AAL/OME rear struts, Blacked out front valance, bhlm headlights, nav/ipod eclipse headunit. URD maf calibrator with map option. Supercharger in the works.

foglight mod was the easiest mod i have ever done. took me 3 min.

17. Jan 23, 2010 at 3:11 PM
    skulltacoma

Member:
    First Name:
    BEN
    Calgary, AB, Canada
    Vehicle:
    no problems? i saw the thread that said the old way they would come on for like 4 hours after you turned the truck off.... WTF. but yeah i will be looking into doing that here soon.

18. Jan 24, 2010 at 8:26 PM
    cantac09

cantac09 Official TW Igloo Builder

Member:
    First Name:
    Hugh Jass
    Saskatchewan
    Vehicle:
    tundra
    stock
    saskatoon saskatchewan. revtek 3 inch for now soon to be rcd 4 inch. 17 moto metal 955's with 285/70/17 goodyear duratracs in the summer. stock trd offroad wheels with 245/70/16 michelin x-ice for the winter.

19. Jan 24, 2010 at 8:31 PM
    skulltacoma

Member:
    First Name:
    BEN
    Calgary, AB, Canada
    Vehicle:
    what would you take for the three inch kit i would like to try it out but i will go six eventually.

20. Jan 25, 2010 at 11:10 AM
    cantac09

cantac09 Official TW Igloo Builder

Member:
    First Name:
    Hugh Jass
    Saskatchewan
    Vehicle:
    tundra
    stock
    i dont know, i paid $350 for it but i wont be taking it off until march or april

Products Discussed in

To Top