Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Canada

Notices

Shipping to the US Boarder For New Brunswickers

Old 02-26-2010, 03:06 PM   #1
MMMMM Taco's
Taco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Taco-NB's Tacoma Gallery
Shipping to the US Boarder For New Brunswickers

Hi guys,

I just got in on the Weathertech group buy. They would only ship in the USA.

I found a place in Calais Maine that will accept shipments and then you just drive across and pick up your stuff. They charge $3 for up to 10lbs. I called them and they seem to be very nice.

Here is the information for you fellow New Brunswickers in case you need to buy something in the US.

Your name and C/O
Ace Hardware
295 North Street
Calais Maine
Phone ahead to see if delivery is in at 207 454 2309.

HERE IS ANOTHER PLAVE IN HOULTON.

He charges $4 per item. He also offers post office boxes for $30 a year and then he only charges $1 per item. Also, you can share the post office box with others. For some strange reason he only accepts Canadian money.

PAC Electronics
106 Main St.
Houlton Maine

ph 207 532 3244
Old 02-26-2010, 06:35 PM   #2
Thinks he's Steve McQueen
squad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Marc
squad314's Tacoma Gallery
I know a lot of people who use Ace and have great luck. I personally use C&E Feeds which is a couple of kms down the road. I have had a LOT of things delivered there.....Bilsteins front and rear, roof rack, Wet Okoles etc. Cuts delivery and Customs hassles in half and I get a tank of cheap fuel while I'm there. I always claim my goods and pay the duty as well, couple of extra bucks is well worth the peace of mind for me.

You looking at an hour from Freddy?
Old 02-26-2010, 08:28 PM   #3
MMMMM Taco's
Taco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Taco-NB's Tacoma Gallery
Yea I'm going to claim the mats. Their manufactured in the US so I should only pay the HST.

Should take a little over an hour from here. I'm glad I found this place. I've wanted to purchase stuff in the past and couldn't because the company wouldn't ship outside the US.

Thanks for letting me know that I shouldn't have any problems!

Cheers.
Old 03-22-2010, 11:17 AM   #4
MMMMM Taco's

Taco-NB's Tacoma Gallery
Just got back from Calais. The people at Ace Hardware were really nice. They only charged me $2.00 for my floor mats!!

The lady at the boarder made it clear to me that they "never check boxes or receipts for small stuff that's coming across the boarder". LOL ..

Anyway .... great way to save duty, brokerage fees etc.

Cheers.
Old 03-22-2010, 05:32 PM   #5
squad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Glad it worked out....May I ask how much moolah for the WT's from the US?
Old 03-22-2010, 05:35 PM   #6
Jigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Jigzor's Tacoma Gallery
Maybe it's just me, but why not just install them before you head back? That's assuming they would check for whatever it is they do. I'm not familiar with the borders. Just a thought/question.
Old 03-22-2010, 08:13 PM   #7
MMMMM Taco's

Taco-NB's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by squad314 View Post
Glad it worked out....May I ask how much moolah for the WT's from the US?
I bought them in the group buy for around $108. There is a second group buy going on now I think.
Old 03-22-2010, 08:16 PM   #8
MMMMM Taco's

Taco-NB's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jigzor View Post
Maybe it's just me, but why not just install them before you head back? That's assuming they would check for whatever it is they do. I'm not familiar with the borders. Just a thought/question.
Yea I thought about that but I was only across the boarder for 15 min and I couldn't think of a good excuse. I didn't want to risk having them tear my truck apart so I just paid the tax.

Cheers.
Old 03-23-2010, 07:54 AM   #9
meafordmike is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeafordmike is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeafordmike is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeafordmike is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeafordmike is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeafordmike is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeafordmike is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeafordmike is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeafordmike is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeafordmike is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeafordmike is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: RCR( Royal Canadian Regiment) INF
Name: Mike
meafordmike's Tacoma Gallery
I am looking at doing this for a Ultimate lift from Toytec but into Buffalo or Port Huron. ( even Calais would be cheaper in gas then UPS wants for Brokerage fees)
ANy help out there for this venture?
Old 03-23-2010, 11:10 AM   #10

Firefighter:
Quote:
Originally Posted by meafordmike View Post
I am looking at doing this for a Ultimate lift from Toytec but into Buffalo or Port Huron. ( even Calais would be cheaper in gas then UPS wants for Brokerage fees)
ANy help out there for this venture?
Mike, I'll be making a trip to Calais in the next two weeks to pick up a set of sliders....Can I help somehow?
Old 03-24-2010, 09:45 PM   #11
meafordmike is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeafordmike is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeafordmike is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeafordmike is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeafordmike is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeafordmike is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeafordmike is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeafordmike is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeafordmike is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeafordmike is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeafordmike is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: RCR( Royal Canadian Regiment) INF
Name: Mike
meafordmike's Tacoma Gallery
No but Thanks for the offer, I am looking at Baja North out of BC for my lift, free shipping
Old 04-29-2010, 05:30 PM   #12
2000SIG is on a distinguished road
2000SIG's Tacoma Gallery
US shipping

does anyone know if theres a place higher up north(Van Buren-Presque Isle area) that would do the same as the ace hardware store?

thanks

Marc
Old 04-29-2010, 05:37 PM   #13
MMMMM Taco's

Taco-NB's Tacoma Gallery
There has to be a place in Houlton but I couldn't find one when I did a web search.
Old 05-14-2010, 12:09 AM   #14
Okkine is a splendid one to beholdOkkine is a splendid one to beholdOkkine is a splendid one to beholdOkkine is a splendid one to beholdOkkine is a splendid one to beholdOkkine is a splendid one to beholdOkkine is a splendid one to behold

Okkine's Tacoma Gallery
Interesting... I wonder if there's anyplace in Washington with a similar service for those of us living in BC?
Old 05-14-2010, 09:25 AM   #15

Firefighter:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Okkine View Post
Interesting... I wonder if there's anyplace in Washington with a similar service for those of us living in BC?

I'm willing to bet there is.....If there isn't someone should start one. The guy I use is making a pile of dough $3 and $25 at a time.
Old 05-19-2010, 01:36 PM   #16
What could go wrong?
Biff is a name known to allBiff is a name known to allBiff is a name known to allBiff is a name known to allBiff is a name known to allBiff is a name known to all

Biff's Tacoma Gallery
^^^ I just found one for Winnipegger's in North Dakota. Almost the same pricing - $5 - under 50 lbs, $10 for over 50 lbs and $25 for a pallet. I plan on ordering tires and rims and all manner of stuff now.
Old 05-27-2010, 06:00 PM   #17
2000SIG is on a distinguished road
2000SIG's Tacoma Gallery
us/cnd

even around edmunston would be great
Old 05-27-2010, 06:12 PM   #18
Master of War
shitroc has much to be proud ofshitroc has much to be proud ofshitroc has much to be proud ofshitroc has much to be proud ofshitroc has much to be proud ofshitroc has much to be proud ofshitroc has much to be proud ofshitroc has much to be proud of

Name: Ant
shitroc's Tacoma Gallery
c&e feeds right across the milltown border in st.stephen is where i have all my stuff sent to, ive been using them for years and are a pleasure to deal with. 3$/per box is what they charge. it only costed me 11$ for them to hold on to my coilovers, ucas,billy 5100s and an o2 sensor when all that was shipped in,thats a lot of weight to.
Old 05-31-2010, 09:03 PM   #19
c185 is on a distinguished road
c185's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000SIG View Post
even around edmunston would be great
Does anyone know of a business that does this on the other side of the Edmunston border??
Old 06-08-2010, 07:13 PM   #20
Harley1969 is on a distinguished road
Harley1969's Tacoma Gallery
Cool UPS in Presque Isle

Here the address for a UPS warehouse in Presque Isle, Maine. Lots of us use it on reg basis without any issues. All you need is your traking number with ID. AKA, Passport since you need it to cross into the US

Here the Address

UPS
1355 Airport Drive
Presque’Isle, Maine

Products Discussed in this Thread