1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Do not buy Duratracs from Fountain Tire in Canada.

Discussion in 'Canada' started by Fabulous, Oct 17, 2011.

1. Oct 17, 2011 at 12:45 PM
    Fabulous

Fabulous [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Fabian
    Calgary, AB
    Vehicle:
    2017 Tacoma double-cab TRD Sport
    TRD Pro grill and fog lights, Toytec Boss lift, 265/70-17 Duratracs on 17 x 8.5 FN Verge wheels, LEER canopy, 30% tinted front windows.
    My Canadian friends, if you are wanting to buy Goodyear Duratracs for your truck, I highly advise you to not buy them from Fountain Tire. A week ago I talked to a guy at Fountain Tire who said they would match Canadian Tires price for the Duratracs. I get the quote which is $42 less a tire, and proceed to phone up the same location. This time I talked to the manager, and he basically told me I was a liar as ONLY Fountain Tire carries these in Canada, and that they WILL NOT match prices. So much for their feel good commercials where they have the lowest price and shit. If you are looking for Duratracs, order them from Canadian tire as a big fuck you to Fountain Tire who thinks they are the only game in town.

2. Oct 17, 2011 at 12:53 PM
    OZ-T

OZ-T You are going backwards

Member:
    First Name:
    Peter North
    British Columbia
    Vehicle:
    Mag Grey 09 Trd Sport DCLB 4x4
    OME 885x , OME shocks and Dakars , Wheelers SuperBumps front and rear , 275/70/17 Hankook ATm , OEM bed mat , Weathertech digifit floor liners , Weathertech in-channel vents , headache rack , Leer 100RCC commercial canopy , TRD bedside decals removed , Devil Horns by Andres , HomerTaco Satoshi
    Did you talk to that bald guy over a CB in his RV ?

3. Oct 17, 2011 at 12:56 PM
    Fabulous

Member:
    First Name:
    Fabian
    Calgary, AB
    Vehicle:
    TRD Pro grill and fog lights, Toytec Boss lift, 265/70-17 Duratracs on 17 x 8.5 FN Verge wheels, LEER canopy, 30% tinted front windows.
    I wish. Maybe I would have gotten better service.

4. Oct 17, 2011 at 12:57 PM
    OZ-T

OZ-T You are going backwards

Member:
    First Name:
    Peter North
    British Columbia
    Vehicle:
    Mag Grey 09 Trd Sport DCLB 4x4
    OME 885x , OME shocks and Dakars , Wheelers SuperBumps front and rear , 275/70/17 Hankook ATm , OEM bed mat , Weathertech digifit floor liners , Weathertech in-channel vents , headache rack , Leer 100RCC commercial canopy , TRD bedside decals removed , Devil Horns by Andres , HomerTaco Satoshi
    Lol

5. Oct 17, 2011 at 1:15 PM
    CalgaryRider

CalgaryRider Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Shayne
    Cranbrook, BC
    Vehicle:
    09 Access Cab SR5
    2009 Tacoma SR5 Too many to list, but its a SR5 with a TRD Sport Heart
    Which Fountain Tire were you dealing with?

Believe it or not, the prices at Fountain Tires around the city vary as well as what the manager says about price matching.

I got my Duratracs from Fountain Tire on Blackfoot and Glenmore (Behind the Blackfoot hotel), they were cheaper then any Fountain Tire in the city, and got an alignment included in the price.

I'm guessing you were dealing with one up in the NW, and any tire shop up there will find someway to screw the customer cause they can get away with it.

Sorry to hear about the BS you had to go through

6. Oct 17, 2011 at 3:25 PM
    Fabulous

Member:
    First Name:
    Fabian
    Calgary, AB
    Vehicle:
    What size do you have, and what did you pay if you don't mind me asking? CT has the C load rated 265/70-17's for $253 a tire, and Fountain Tire wants $295!

7. Oct 23, 2011 at 12:08 PM
    1Bigbird

1Bigbird Yo! Wat up peeps?

Member:
    winter-peg
    Vehicle:
    2010 TRD D-Cab
    Here in Manitoba CT does not carry Duratracs, they carry Territories. They are very similar tires but different enough to get away with the price. CT buys as a whole and each FT buys independently which is one major cause of the price difference.

Got mine from CT (265/70/17) for $205 a tire plus tax, during their buy 1 get 1 half off sale a year ago.

8. Oct 23, 2011 at 5:16 PM
    Fabulous

Member:
    First Name:
    Fabian
    Calgary, AB
    Vehicle:
    If you want the Duratracs from Canadian Tire, they are a special order, and take 2-3 days to come in. Works for me for the $42 dollars in savings per tire.

9. Oct 23, 2011 at 8:54 PM
    Tarik

Tarik Well-Known Member

Member:
    San Diego California
    Spidertrax wheel spacers Avid bed rack Avid sliders 285/75/16 BFG KO2 Black vent rings TRD red start button Screen protection ProComp 3.5 lift
    Lame.

10. Nov 16, 2011 at 3:16 PM
    Syncros

Syncros Well-Known Member

Member:
    So im comparing prices, Looks like Tire Fountain has a decent price on Duratracs. 236.99 for 265/75/16C minus $25 per tire. I got excited because Goodyear has an $80 rebate on until December, but you can't combine the two deals.. I assume fountain is just taking care of the rebate, and adding a little extra savings to make it look like a better deal than elsewhere.

So, I decide, going with Fountain is a good option because im lazy, and would rather have the instant savings than deal with the mail in rebate. Their website is awesome, I got an instant quote to print out. Right at the top it says:

Included with your purchase at Fountain Tire, you will receive, Free Installation, Free Fountain tire Road Hazard, Air miles, Scheduled appointments and efficient service, Personalized service from our knowledgeable and fully trained associates.

Scroll down to the quote, well.. disappointing. Installation must mean actually putting the wheels and tires on the vehicle, because thats the free part. Installing the tires on the rims? Oh no, thats not free. $80 for balance, $19.96 for valve stems(don't need), $20 for "Tire Levy". Whatever, they have to pay their employees, seems O.K.

Then I read the fine print on their quote "Extra charges will be applied to vehicles with tire pressure monitoring systems", that rubbed me the wrong way. I will stop by and see if they are willing to drop that charge, if not.. well I guess they don't want my $900+ that bad. Is it just to cover the cost of not getting to charge me for valve stems?

11. Nov 17, 2011 at 9:40 AM
    Krazie Sj

Krazie Sj Resident Jackass

Member:
    First Name:
    Power Serge
    LV-426 (Acheron)
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Off Road 4x4
    Borla Catback Exhaust, Snorkel, 33s on either 16's or 18's, ARB Bumper, All Pro LT w/Walker Evan Shocks front and back, All Pro expedition leaf pack, 10,000lb Superwinch, Intake Manifold Spacer, Bed Rack with ARB RTT, Rotopack and Hi Lift mounted, Husky Liner mats and an air freshener from 1995.
    Go to the Fountain Tire down on Glenmore and Blackfoot as was stated above. I got good service when I was sourcing tires. Always get a name from whoever you talk to regarding tires and pricing.

12. Nov 17, 2011 at 9:48 AM
    jackhart

jackhart Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    11 DCLB
    i read this thread, and, being in sales for my whole life, it amazes me that there are companies out there who still try to screw with the customer like this. one guy says we'll match the price, then the manager says a week later they won't? bad news travels ten time faster and to ten times as many people...

even more amazing is trying to get away with all those nickel and dime extras in the "fine" print. if they fool you once, how many times do you think you'll go back to a place that treated you like that?

if it's one thing i learned in sales it's this - you take care of your customer and they'll be a customer for life. seems so simple, but so many companies learn the hard way what happens when you don't.

13. Nov 17, 2011 at 11:36 AM
    Krazie Sj

Member:
    First Name:
    Power Serge
    LV-426 (Acheron)
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Off Road 4x4
    Borla Catback Exhaust, Snorkel, 33s on either 16's or 18's, ARB Bumper, All Pro LT w/Walker Evan Shocks front and back, All Pro expedition leaf pack, 10,000lb Superwinch, Intake Manifold Spacer, Bed Rack with ARB RTT, Rotopack and Hi Lift mounted, Husky Liner mats and an air freshener from 1995.
    ^Yup.

Which is why I'll keep going back to Ward Tire off Peigan Trail.

Hint Hint Fabian.

14. Dec 1, 2011 at 12:49 PM
    Fabulous

Member:
    First Name:
    Fabian
    Calgary, AB
    Vehicle:
    Does Ward Tire carry Duratrac's? I know they have great prices on the KL71 that I was thinking about...

15. Dec 1, 2011 at 7:04 PM
    Krazie Sj

Member:
    First Name:
    Power Serge
    LV-426 (Acheron)
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Off Road 4x4
    They don't carry goodyear products, but they have a fantastic selection of other tires.

I've cold called them twice about tires; once with my Mickey Thompsons and just a few weeks ago for a set of Yokohama Geolander I/T G072 for the wifes Grand Cherokee.

Both times, I got same day installation. 4-5 hours max and I had new rubbers mounted. Fantastic service.

Ask for Dwayne or Kyle.

Aurora Tires, BFGoodrich Tires, Continental Tires, Cooper Tires, Dick Cepek Tires, General Tires, Hankook Tires, Kumho Tires, Michelin Tires, Mickey, Thompson Tires, Pirelli Tires, Sumitomo Tires, Toyo Tires, Uniroyal Tires, Yokohama Tires

^Brands they carry.

16. Dec 15, 2011 at 8:41 PM
    Hairy Taco

Hairy Taco Jungle of Love

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    North of Hell
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD
    I also had a crappy experience in Fountain tire last month. Their quotes were high and the guy working made it seem like it was a privilege for me to buy from there. Needless to say I chose to go elsewhere.

Products Discussed in

To Top