1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Alberta Outfitter?

Discussion in 'Canada' started by Papa Tac, Feb 2, 2012.

1. Feb 2, 2012 at 6:12 PM
    Papa Tac

Papa Tac [OP] Adjunct Anarchist

Member:
    First Name:
    Papa Tac
    Codroy Valley, Newfoundland
    Vehicle:
    '10 Ned Ludd Edition
    Pupped my ride - Dog bench, Black stock rims, Tail Gate antitheft mod, Bed storage and sleeping platform, Action Cap w/Yakima rack and Rola basket, Seatbelt chime off, Tentasaurus
    Need your help, TW members in Alberta!
    Me and the wife are planning a trip to the Rockies within the year, to retrace some of my adventures in Wild Rose Country :)
    I worked at Jasper Park Lodge from '85-'90, barely made it out alive. So much fun, so few memories...
    Just Rinse...:D:headbang::cheers::rasta::poking::laughing::puke:...and Repeat
    We'll fly into Calgary or Edmonton and rent a 4WD (can you say Taco?) to do the Icefields Parkway and some bikehikepaddlecamp. See the Badlands, and maybe up North a bit.
    I'd love to find out some must-do routes/trails, etc, but what I really need is a good place to rent 4WD, maybe partly equipped for trippin'.
    I guess we're looking for a decent Outfitter or Rental location.
    We'd also rent bikes and canoe, probably easier than bringing ours.
    Anyone with experience renting gear from MEC?
    We have our own camp gear, tent etc, just need the big stuff (ie rig, mtb, canoe, rack maybe).
    BTW we're Newfies. I know you have a surplus of us, but you make it so damn attractive. Some of my best times were in Alberta....sigh
    Probably my Favourite spot - who knows it?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Any advice you can offer will be mucho apprecio.
    Cheers

2. Feb 15, 2012 at 11:47 AM
    tombiosis

tombiosis Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    T
    Ottawa Canada
    Vehicle:
    2016 TRD offroad access
    2016 Tacoma Access Cab, Super White, TRD Off Road package,//OEM Running Boards//TriFold2.0 Tonneau Cover//FJ Cruiser TRD SE Black TrailTeams replca wheels!
    don't know that particular spot, but I spent quite a bit of time out west touring with a band when I was younger...
    Do you know who/what company built that cabin in your first pic?

3. Feb 15, 2012 at 1:16 PM
    Krazie Sj

Krazie Sj Resident Jackass

Member:
    First Name:
    Power Serge
    LV-426 (Acheron)
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Off Road 4x4
    Borla Catback Exhaust, Snorkel, 33s on either 16's or 18's, ARB Bumper, All Pro LT w/Walker Evan Shocks front and back, All Pro expedition leaf pack, 10,000lb Superwinch, Intake Manifold Spacer, Bed Rack with ARB RTT, Rotopack and Hi Lift mounted, Husky Liner mats and an air freshener from 1995.
    Ask here about the 4x4 rental cause I have no clue about that. But I've heard good things coming back from MEC rentals. Shouldn't be an issue at all.

PS - Alberta rocks.

4. Feb 18, 2012 at 2:53 PM
    Papa Tac

Member:
    First Name:
    Papa Tac
    Vehicle:
    '10 Ned Ludd Edition
    Pupped my ride - Dog bench, Black stock rims, Tail Gate antitheft mod, Bed storage and sleeping platform, Action Cap w/Yakima rack and Rola basket, Seatbelt chime off, Tentasaurus
    Those 2 pics are of Fryatt Hut, Jasper Nat'l Park, the cabin (built by Parks Canada) and the view from atop the Headwall looking back the trail.
    Truly one of the most beautiful places anywhere.
    Yeah, Alberta and I had a 5 year fling from 86-91 when I worked at the Jasper Park Lodge. I had to leave to regroup and rejoin the real world, but I'm aching to get back to the mountains.
    Want to retrace old steps with the wife.
    I had planned on hitting up MEC for bike/canoe rental, just looking for suggestions.
    Thanks all

5. Feb 18, 2012 at 2:58 PM
    georgeandkanoa

georgeandkanoa the point is simply this

Member:
    First Name:
    jeff
    calgary
    Vehicle:
    07 tacoma trd
    bilstein5100's front tinted windows access cover pioneer stereo weathertechs grillcraft grill kc's behind cbi sliders
    i'm ashamed to say I've lived most of my life in Alberta,and have never been to jasper. Banff and Kananaskis a million times. Come to Calgary
    its much nicer and way closer to the mountains,

6. Feb 21, 2012 at 9:13 PM
    Papa Tac

Member:
    First Name:
    Papa Tac
    Vehicle:
    '10 Ned Ludd Edition
    I wouldn't think of starting a feud between Cowtown and Deadmonton - spent time lots of time in both. Saw a stabbing on Electric Ave, and a Porsche deep-throat a utility pole on the Whitemud. Cool.
    My buddy (fellow Newf) was Brewmaster at Labatt Brewery in Edmonton, and also Creston BC (mmmm Kokanee) in the 90's-00's, before they shipped him back here - he was making it TOO good.
    Ain't it always the way that those who live near a place often see that place the least - take it for granted, I guess.
    Carpe Diem

7. Jun 19, 2012 at 8:16 AM
    CalgaryRider

CalgaryRider Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Shayne
    Cranbrook, BC
    Vehicle:
    09 Access Cab SR5
    2009 Tacoma SR5 Too many to list, but its a SR5 with a TRD Sport Heart
    Any confirmed dates on when you will be out?

How long will you be out also? cause depending upon the length of your trip I can probably help you out with some interesting places to go and see.

Products Discussed in

To Top