Tacoma World Forums

Tacoma World Forums (http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/)
-   Canada (http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/canada/)
-   -   Season opener trail run in Ardbeg! May. 4th - 5th (http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/canada/272852-season-opener-trail-run-ardbeg-may-4th-5th.html)

DueNorth 04-12-2013 07:27 AM

Season opener trail run in Ardbeg! May. 4th - 5th
 
Alright folks, just found out i got the Saturday off guaranteed and this will be the opening weekend for all Ontario trails, so lets go wheelin'! :D

The plan is to meet for 9-10 am in Parry Sound or Ardbeg on the Saturday morning and wheel both the North trail and South trail over those two days. Obviously we'll be camping overnight on the Saturday so come prepared.

More details will be available as the date gets closer and if we don't get much interest over here, i'll post something up in SONTT as well.

So who wants to play!!?! :D:D:D

DueNorth 04-12-2013 07:28 AM

Guess we'll start a list.... :)

1) Gylar

DueNorth 04-12-2013 07:38 AM

No thread is complete without a few videos teasing everyone... :D

http://youtu.be/wZzaS2KILFk

http://youtu.be/q9vJN6No_Ls

http://youtu.be/rCS9fvbpCOI

http://youtu.be/H0vIMhE9kDc

http://youtu.be/07KfL7uI8Cg


***just so everyone knows, most obstacles are off the main trail. Ardbeg hydro line is a pretty stock friendly trail for all rigs..***

Justroc 04-12-2013 07:49 AM

The videos make me drool, but the only downside I am facing is, I wont have my lift till the end of may, as I am waiting for my ATV to sell so I can use that money for my lift. I see you mentioned the trials are stock friendly.

So would I be okay to spend the weekend with you guys with my truck still stock?

If so I am really interested

DueNorth 04-12-2013 07:55 AM

Absolutely! Perhaps i shouldn't show videos like that because i don't want to scare people off in the least bit. You do not need a lift at all to do Ardbeg. (I didn't the first year as well)

The main trail is very stock friendly, no lift required, 32" tires would do just fine. Its the side obstacles spread throughout the place that makes it interesting. You can really pick and choose just how extreme you want to go but the main trail is super easy....

Justroc 04-12-2013 08:01 AM

Okay sounds good, I have the Saturday off, but working sunday, so might just have to be a day trip for myself, but I am defiantly up for it if stock can run the main trial.

So count me in :D

1) Gylar
2) Justroc

Justroc 04-12-2013 08:02 AM

Gylar, will you be at the SONTT meet on sunday?

tacoma16 04-12-2013 08:03 AM

I may be able to come, just got to see whats going on at my parents house. Im home from school so their project list becomes mine...the joys of having a truck:p Ill add my name up as soon as I know.

Il represent this though in my sig :cool:

DueNorth 04-12-2013 08:09 AM

Even coming for just the day will be a great time. But there's nothing like sitting near a fire, in front of a lake with a cold one in your hands after a great day of wheelin. That just can't be beat. You may want to call in sick Sunday :p

Yup, i'll be at the M&G this Sunday. I may be a few mins late tho. Gotta pick something up for the truck before hand. :D

tacoma16 04-12-2013 08:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gylar (Post 6732125)
Even coming for just the day will be a great time. But there's nothing like sitting near a fire, in front of a lake with a cold one in your hands after a great day of wheelin. That just can't be beat. You may want to call in sick Sunday :p

Was considering this too. How far is Ardbeg from say Toronto? May be able to due a day trip.

Justroc 04-12-2013 08:14 AM

Aha, great job painting a picture in my head, Ill try and get someone to cover it ahead of time.

Okay, well I will see you on sunday then, dont think ill be staying for the lunch though, have an exam monday, tuesday, wednesday, already taking time out to come to the meet.

Justroc 04-12-2013 08:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tacoma16 (Post 6732136)
Was considering this too. How far is Ardbeg from say Toronto? May be able to due a day trip.

I google maps it, says 3 hour drive from my house in Mississauga, although i never go by their time, should be about a 2-2.5 hour trip

DueNorth 04-12-2013 08:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tacoma16 (Post 6732108)
I may be able to come, just got to see whats going on at my parents house. Im home from school so their project list becomes mine...the joys of having a truck:p Ill add my name up as soon as I know.

Il represent this though in my sig :cool:

Stop playing, you know you're coming! :p

Besides, gotta test the new mods out anyways AND imo letting your Tacoma laze around for the weekend just to do yard duty is a serious case of offroad neglect. :laugh:

I'm liking the new sig! . http://i.cdn2.tacomaworld.com/forum/...s/thumbsup.gif

DueNorth 04-12-2013 08:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justroc (Post 6732139)
Aha, great job painting a picture in my head, Ill try and get someone to cover it ahead of time.

Okay, well I will see you on sunday then, dont think ill be staying for the lunch though, have an exam monday, tuesday, wednesday, already taking time out to come to the meet.

If you can get the Sunday off, i'd say it'll be worth your while.

See you this weekend then. Doubt i'll be staying for lunch either since i'll have the dogs with me and .....

DueNorth 04-12-2013 11:09 AM

Got a thread going on SONTT as well guys....

http://www.sontt.com/forum/viewtopic...p=41648#p41648

tacoma16 04-12-2013 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gylar (Post 6732146)
Stop playing, you know you're coming! :p

Besides, gotta test the new mods out anyways AND imo letting your Tacoma laze around for the weekend just to do yard duty is a serious case of offroad neglect. :laugh:

I'm liking the new sig! . http://i.cdn2.tacomaworld.com/forum/...s/thumbsup.gif

See how it goes, hopefully I can get my transfer skid tumour delete going and y-pipe going before then. Maybe my folks will give me the weekend off haha.

cerutti 04-12-2013 04:43 PM

im in ( with the fj)

here are some "lighter videos" from last year

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gHvgkl45-YI
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kekW4To61L8

Justroc 04-12-2013 05:57 PM

Thanks for the videos, gives me some confidence running stock compared to Gylars vids :p

Sloweburn 04-13-2013 01:36 AM

Damn yu Mikes. Put me in tentative. I'll try to get someone to cover me.
Nancy's gonna kill me :rolleyes:

Sloweburn 04-13-2013 01:46 AM

Last year a guy did the south trail in a stock pathy with half bald all seasons. Only needed a little help (in pouring rain up a hill).

1) Gylar
2) Justroc
3) Sloweburn (Tentative)


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:11 AM.