LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Vendors > CBI Off-Road Fab

Notices

Tolerances on Front Receiver

Old 12-21-2010, 02:47 PM   #1
Bullwinkle J. Moose
bjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve
bjmoose's Tacoma Gallery
Tolerances on Front Receiver

Guys,

You've built the world's coolest front receiver winch mount for Tacomas.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...h-install.html

But the thread describes a tolerance issue where std receiver accessories won't fit because of the large radius of the receiver corners.

Not to put too fine a point on it, and not trying to stir up sh*t - but still the question remains - what's up with that? Does this mean that only a winch mount supplied by you guys will fit? Do you build a receiver winch mount? I don't see one in the list of accessories on your CBI website.
Old 12-22-2010, 06:06 AM   #2
rokbrkr is one of the sharper tools in the shedrokbrkr is one of the sharper tools in the shedrokbrkr is one of the sharper tools in the shedrokbrkr is one of the sharper tools in the shedrokbrkr is one of the sharper tools in the shedrokbrkr is one of the sharper tools in the shedrokbrkr is one of the sharper tools in the shedrokbrkr is one of the sharper tools in the shedrokbrkr is one of the sharper tools in the shedrokbrkr is one of the sharper tools in the shedrokbrkr is one of the sharper tools in the shed

rokbrkr's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjmoose View Post
Guys,

You've built the world's coolest front receiver winch mount for Tacomas.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...h-install.html

But the thread describes a tolerance issue where std receiver accessories won't fit because of the large radius of the receiver corners.

Not to put too fine a point on it, and not trying to stir up sh*t - but still the question remains - what's up with that? Does this mean that only a winch mount supplied by you guys will fit? Do you build a receiver winch mount? I don't see one in the list of accessories on your CBI website.
Thanks Moose, we do build a winch mount it should be on the new site at the first of the year. I've replied to the thread, it should answer the rest of your questions.
Thanks, Steve.
Old 12-22-2010, 08:32 AM   #3
Bullwinkle J. Moose
bjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shed

bjmoose's Tacoma Gallery
Cool, glad you guys are on top of it.
Old 12-29-2010, 03:22 PM   #4
tervanun is a name known to alltervanun is a name known to alltervanun is a name known to alltervanun is a name known to alltervanun is a name known to alltervanun is a name known to all

Name: Danny
tervanun's Tacoma Gallery
Ooooo, that looks very interesting. How much is that receiver?
Old 12-30-2010, 05:04 AM   #5
rokbrkr is one of the sharper tools in the shedrokbrkr is one of the sharper tools in the shedrokbrkr is one of the sharper tools in the shedrokbrkr is one of the sharper tools in the shedrokbrkr is one of the sharper tools in the shedrokbrkr is one of the sharper tools in the shedrokbrkr is one of the sharper tools in the shedrokbrkr is one of the sharper tools in the shedrokbrkr is one of the sharper tools in the shedrokbrkr is one of the sharper tools in the shedrokbrkr is one of the sharper tools in the shed

rokbrkr's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tervanun View Post
Ooooo, that looks very interesting. How much is that receiver?
$349 powder coated
Old 01-02-2011, 02:34 AM   #7

rokbrkr's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tervanun View Post
And the winch mount?
$125
Old 01-02-2011, 01:54 PM   #8
tervanun is a name known to alltervanun is a name known to alltervanun is a name known to alltervanun is a name known to alltervanun is a name known to alltervanun is a name known to all

Name: Danny
tervanun's Tacoma Gallery
Ooooo... Do you sell the receiver bare? How much?
And is there a lead time or are they already made?

*Oh and can you make them for an FJ?
Thanks
Old 01-03-2011, 07:05 AM   #9
CBI Offroad Fab has a brilliant futureCBI Offroad Fab has a brilliant futureCBI Offroad Fab has a brilliant futureCBI Offroad Fab has a brilliant futureCBI Offroad Fab has a brilliant futureCBI Offroad Fab has a brilliant futureCBI Offroad Fab has a brilliant futureCBI Offroad Fab has a brilliant futureCBI Offroad Fab has a brilliant futureCBI Offroad Fab has a brilliant futureCBI Offroad Fab has a brilliant future

CBI Offroad Fab's Tacoma Gallery
We can send them bare metal if you want. As for lead time it would be 2 weeks until it ships. We don't offer them for the FJ as of yet.
Old 01-11-2011, 12:55 PM   #11
Bullwinkle J. Moose

bjmoose's Tacoma Gallery
How much does that winch mount weigh? Lookin' at how much total weight has to be manhandled around once it needs to be used.

A smittybilt XRC8 with synthetic line is 64 lbs.
Old 01-11-2011, 03:58 PM   #12
CBI Offroad Fab has a brilliant futureCBI Offroad Fab has a brilliant futureCBI Offroad Fab has a brilliant futureCBI Offroad Fab has a brilliant futureCBI Offroad Fab has a brilliant futureCBI Offroad Fab has a brilliant futureCBI Offroad Fab has a brilliant futureCBI Offroad Fab has a brilliant futureCBI Offroad Fab has a brilliant futureCBI Offroad Fab has a brilliant futureCBI Offroad Fab has a brilliant future

CBI Offroad Fab's Tacoma Gallery
winch mount weight

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjmoose View Post
How much does that winch mount weigh? Lookin' at how much total weight has to be manhandled around once it needs to be used.

A smittybilt XRC8 with synthetic line is 64 lbs.
Hi there,

The front receiver hitch weighs right aroung 50 lbs with the unit itself, mounting brackets, and hardware. The winch mount accessory weighs right around 40 lbs

Let me know if there are any further questions I can answer for you!
Old 01-13-2011, 02:38 PM   #13
Bullwinkle J. Moose

bjmoose's Tacoma Gallery
Just placed my order by phone with Nathan. Looking forward to "receiving" it. (pun intended.)
Old 08-06-2011, 06:04 PM   #14
New Guy
Tacomitron is on a distinguished road
Marines: EAS-05/28/2010 Seargent- Fire Arms Instructor/Competitor
Name: Kevin
Tacomitron's Tacoma Gallery
I just bought one from CBI and it cost me 379! Why so much? The shipping was not 50 bucks either, more like $150 !! Why did I pay more for the same thing? The member that did the install write up only paid 339 and 50 for shipping. I live in MD, why so much more?

UPDATE:
Wow, CBI called me this morning and fixed my issue with no hassle whats so ever. Very professional and great customer service. As it turns out, the shipping cost on the web site was wrong and I am getting almost 100 dollars back. The price of the actual piece was correct and the guy that got it cheaper caught in on sale, LUCKY.

NOTE TO ALL: Don't do what I did and bitch on here, call them up and ask them what the deal is. They are more than happy to help.