Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Vendors > CBI Off-Road Fab

Notices

pollishing the golden turd, 1985 4runner

Old 04-15-2011, 04:48 AM   #22
rokbrkr is one of the sharper tools in the shedrokbrkr is one of the sharper tools in the shedrokbrkr is one of the sharper tools in the shedrokbrkr is one of the sharper tools in the shedrokbrkr is one of the sharper tools in the shedrokbrkr is one of the sharper tools in the shedrokbrkr is one of the sharper tools in the shedrokbrkr is one of the sharper tools in the shedrokbrkr is one of the sharper tools in the shedrokbrkr is one of the sharper tools in the shedrokbrkr is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve
rokbrkr's Tacoma Gallery
Haven't had time to do much.
A couple weeks ago I was able to start on the rear bumper, not sure if I like where I'm going or not, I will have to get the sides made and decide then.
My first plan was to do the sides in formed steel up to the body line on the side of the truck. Now I'm thinking smaller, maybe 4" tall and then tubing on top of that to wrap around the corner.
This "hybrid" design is the plan for the front also, we'll see how it turns out.

I love this tool!!

Well that's all I got for now, hopefully I can work on it this Saturday and see what those sides are going to look like.
Old 04-15-2011, 04:57 AM   #23
shocker01 is a splendid one to beholdshocker01 is a splendid one to beholdshocker01 is a splendid one to beholdshocker01 is a splendid one to beholdshocker01 is a splendid one to beholdshocker01 is a splendid one to beholdshocker01 is a splendid one to behold

Name: Gordon
shocker01's Tacoma Gallery
Looking good, I can't wait to see whats next.
Old 05-25-2011, 11:19 AM   #27
Do you know Tyler Durden?
FearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tony
FearNothing321's Tacoma Gallery
any updates?
Old 05-26-2011, 06:27 AM   #28
rokbrkr is one of the sharper tools in the shedrokbrkr is one of the sharper tools in the shedrokbrkr is one of the sharper tools in the shedrokbrkr is one of the sharper tools in the shedrokbrkr is one of the sharper tools in the shedrokbrkr is one of the sharper tools in the shedrokbrkr is one of the sharper tools in the shedrokbrkr is one of the sharper tools in the shedrokbrkr is one of the sharper tools in the shedrokbrkr is one of the sharper tools in the shedrokbrkr is one of the sharper tools in the shed

rokbrkr's Tacoma Gallery
4 days off starting tomorrow....will update next week.
Old 06-07-2011, 05:57 AM   #29

rokbrkr's Tacoma Gallery
I really need to get going on a new front axle housing but a front bumper sounded more fun

I've never liked the bumper mounting points on the front of these, so when I built the xmember for the front springs I built extra mounting into them.

Then cut off the two tabs on top of the original xmember and wrapped the new xmember with the old one in 3/16 plate.

I didn't like the way it looked with all the rosette welds, so I sanded it down smooth.

My plans were to build a tube bumper with some plate mixed in. Then I thought, I bet one of our tacoma bumpers would work with modifications.
Come to find out, the bumper is only about 3" wider than the 4runner, so I went ahead and started cutting up one of our Moab bumpers.

All welded up and sanded down, ready for some tubing.

Allthough this bumper is designed to hold a winch, I have never been a big fan of a perminately mounted winch. So I built a rec. hitch into the front xmember for a multi mount. I may put a storage box where the winch is supposed to go.

A few pics of it finished and painted.

Decided that the 80's style wheels had to change, so I enlisted my duaghter to clean and prep so we could paint the centers black.

And what we ended up with when it was all said and done.

Old 12-20-2011, 10:29 AM   #33
4Runner Pilot
YFZ_TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ_TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ_TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ_TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ_TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ_TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ_TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ_TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ_TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ_TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ_TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Lee
YFZ_TRD's Tacoma Gallery
Sub'd

My 87 4Runner may have a straight axle at some point in its life.... just not soon.
Old 12-02-2012, 04:15 PM   #34
"Pick up some speed.. You'll make it."
BuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 3rd Battalion, 1st Marines
Name: Chaz
BuzzardsGottaEat's Tacoma Gallery
One Year Bump! for two questions: What's this rig up to now? and . . . want to make me some bumpers for a Pickup?
Old 12-06-2012, 05:07 AM   #35

rokbrkr's Tacoma Gallery
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuzzardsGottaEat View Post
One Year Bump! for two questions: What's this rig up to now? and . . . want to make me some bumpers for a Pickup?
This is how it sits now, i will post more pics on how we got to this point soon.

We have DIY bumpers ready to go for your truck. Contact Nate for more info and pricing. 208-528-0664 or info@cbioffroadfab.com
Attached Thumbnails
pollishing the golden turd, 1985 4runner-dscn1102.jpg   pollishing the golden turd, 1985 4runner-dscn1065.jpg  
Old 12-08-2012, 06:47 AM   #36
RAT Products
isu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ryan
isu2014's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Those are some bonerific welds. Nice work!