Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Vendors > CBI Off-Road Fab

Notices

CBI Bushmaster 2.0

Old 06-07-2011, 12:27 PM   #1
East Bound and Down
Dark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jeff
Dark Knight's Tacoma Gallery
CBI Bushmaster 2.0

Is there a specific advantage to having the bedsides cut a couple inches below the tail lights versus cutting at an even height with the tail lights? I'm just curious, to be honest I did not like that at first but it has grown on me quite a bit. The bumper also looks a little wider than the fender flares, advantage here also?
Old 06-07-2011, 02:12 PM   #2
rokbrkr is one of the sharper tools in the shedrokbrkr is one of the sharper tools in the shedrokbrkr is one of the sharper tools in the shedrokbrkr is one of the sharper tools in the shedrokbrkr is one of the sharper tools in the shedrokbrkr is one of the sharper tools in the shedrokbrkr is one of the sharper tools in the shedrokbrkr is one of the sharper tools in the shedrokbrkr is one of the sharper tools in the shedrokbrkr is one of the sharper tools in the shedrokbrkr is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve
rokbrkr's Tacoma Gallery
We feel like there is a few advantages to cutting below the tail light.

1. leaves a factory plug to hold the fender flare on tightly.
2. Our bedside supports bolt into the factory location.
3. You don't have to cut any of the support in the sheetmetal under the tail light.
4. I think all bumpers should be wider than the vehicle itself, otherwise it really isn't protecting from the side, just from underneath.

Just so you know, our bushmaster has a side support that goes directly to the frame just behind the fender where it can actually do some good, and provide another mounting point for the bumper. Not angled from the middle of the wing back to the mounting bracket making the side a big lever, and relying on just the end of the frame to support the whole bumper like some other builders.

Here is a pic to show what I'm talking about.
Old 06-07-2011, 02:17 PM   #4
Are these black helicopters for me?
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
sick bumper. I like that it has the side supports. Very well designed
Old 07-01-2011, 05:28 PM   #5
CBI Offroad Fab has a brilliant futureCBI Offroad Fab has a brilliant futureCBI Offroad Fab has a brilliant futureCBI Offroad Fab has a brilliant futureCBI Offroad Fab has a brilliant futureCBI Offroad Fab has a brilliant futureCBI Offroad Fab has a brilliant futureCBI Offroad Fab has a brilliant futureCBI Offroad Fab has a brilliant futureCBI Offroad Fab has a brilliant futureCBI Offroad Fab has a brilliant future

CBI Offroad Fab's Tacoma Gallery
HAPPY 4th of July to Everyone!!!

Just a reminder to check out our website as we are adding new content almost daily!

NEW WEBSITE

Also if you are current CBI Offroad Customer and would like to have your own album in our Gallery email me your pics and I'll post them up!

PHOTO GALLERY of CBI Customers
Old 11-01-2012, 01:34 AM   #7
JLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
JLink's Tacoma Gallery
I have a couple of questions as well...

Why is the spare tire angled? Just to allow access to the hi lift mount?
I don't see hi lift notches listed in the description.. Are the reverse light pockets able to lift the truck with a hi lift if you have lights in there?

Ill probably call you guys tomorrow but this will serve as a reminder for me, and maybe someone can answer these questions before I get a chance to call.
Old 11-01-2012, 05:27 AM   #8
rokbrkr is one of the sharper tools in the shedrokbrkr is one of the sharper tools in the shedrokbrkr is one of the sharper tools in the shedrokbrkr is one of the sharper tools in the shedrokbrkr is one of the sharper tools in the shedrokbrkr is one of the sharper tools in the shedrokbrkr is one of the sharper tools in the shedrokbrkr is one of the sharper tools in the shedrokbrkr is one of the sharper tools in the shedrokbrkr is one of the sharper tools in the shedrokbrkr is one of the sharper tools in the shed

rokbrkr's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLink View Post
I have a couple of questions as well...

Why is the spare tire angled? Just to allow access to the hi lift mount?
I don't see hi lift notches listed in the description.. Are the reverse light pockets able to lift the truck with a hi lift if you have lights in there?

Ill probably call you guys tomorrow but this will serve as a reminder for me, and maybe someone can answer these questions before I get a chance to call.
You are right, the tire is angled so the jack will fit behind the tire. This bumper is designed to use the D-rings for jacking, slots could be added to the sides if you prefer. Give us a call with anymore questions. 208-528-0664
Thanks, Steve.
Old 11-01-2012, 05:28 AM   #9

rokbrkr's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by stunt man hans View Post
when it comes time for my rear bumper this one looks like it's going to be the winner very well designed! i would want the 2 jerry can holders the tire carrier and a rear hitch that would be awesome love it guy's!
Thanks! We can build it with any options you need.
Thanks, Steve.
Old 11-01-2012, 12:28 PM   #10
JLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shed

JLink's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by rokbrkr View Post
You are right, the tire is angled so the jack will fit behind the tire. This bumper is designed to use the D-rings for jacking, slots could be added to the sides if you prefer. Give us a call with anymore questions. 208-528-0664
Thanks, Steve.
Thanks a lot Steve. Just called and got a message saying you guys are at sema. Guess ill try back next week.
Old 11-02-2012, 08:42 AM   #11
the town is back that way
GeoTaco has much to be proud ofGeoTaco has much to be proud ofGeoTaco has much to be proud ofGeoTaco has much to be proud ofGeoTaco has much to be proud ofGeoTaco has much to be proud ofGeoTaco has much to be proud ofGeoTaco has much to be proud ofGeoTaco has much to be proud of

Name: Freeda Feltcher
GeoTaco's Tacoma Gallery
is the tire swing out compatible with the 09 back up camera? ie can you see anything out of it with a tire on. im trying not to move it, but will if i need to.
Old 11-02-2012, 10:02 AM   #12

JLink's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoTaco View Post
is the tire swing out compatible with the 09 back up camera? ie can you see anything out of it with a tire on. im trying not to move it, but will if i need to.
Pretty sure there's no way you'll be able to see anything. I'm going to relocate one onto the swing out where people mount hi lifts
Old 11-02-2012, 10:09 AM   #13
Stop staring at me swan!
tacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
tacoman15's Tacoma Gallery
Could you possibly design an FJ bumper similar to the 4th gen 4Runner bumpers? I saw the set you did for that one guy, but not really digging the hybrid style.
Old 11-02-2012, 02:56 PM   #14
GeoTaco has much to be proud ofGeoTaco has much to be proud ofGeoTaco has much to be proud ofGeoTaco has much to be proud ofGeoTaco has much to be proud ofGeoTaco has much to be proud ofGeoTaco has much to be proud ofGeoTaco has much to be proud ofGeoTaco has much to be proud of

GeoTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Pretty sure there's no way you'll be able to see anything. I'm going to relocate one onto the swing out where people mount hi lifts

cool, i was thinking i would have to do that. ill be lurking in your build to get some idea of what you did for it
Old 11-03-2012, 07:58 AM   #15

JLink's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoTaco View Post
cool, i was thinking i would have to do that. ill be lurking in your build to get some idea of what you did for it
I'm still a good ways off from even having a bumper lol. But brutalguyracing has a rear bumper with tire swing out and he got a back up camera from eBay for $10 and mounted it above his license plate. I'm sure he has some info in his buil thread.
Old 11-03-2012, 09:40 AM   #16

GeoTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I'm still a good ways off from even having a bumper lol. But brutalguyracing has a rear bumper with tire swing out and he got a back up camera from eBay for $10 and mounted it above his license plate. I'm sure he has some info in his buil thread.
cool man, thanks
Old 11-05-2012, 04:27 PM   #17
CBI Offroad Fab has a brilliant futureCBI Offroad Fab has a brilliant futureCBI Offroad Fab has a brilliant futureCBI Offroad Fab has a brilliant futureCBI Offroad Fab has a brilliant futureCBI Offroad Fab has a brilliant futureCBI Offroad Fab has a brilliant futureCBI Offroad Fab has a brilliant futureCBI Offroad Fab has a brilliant futureCBI Offroad Fab has a brilliant futureCBI Offroad Fab has a brilliant future

Yeah the backup camera has almost zero visibilty with the swing away. I would recommend relocating it to the swing arm or the bumper. We have done several lately and they mount quite easily but the wiring can take some time to tackle depending on which place you choose to mount it.

Regarding FJ bumpers will should have some plate bumpers by the first of the year!
Old 11-05-2012, 04:41 PM   #18
Stop staring at me swan!
tacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
tacoman15's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by CBI Offroad Fab View Post
Regarding FJ bumpers will should have some plate bumpers by the first of the year!
Old 11-06-2012, 12:41 AM   #19

JLink's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by CBI Offroad Fab View Post
Yeah the backup camera has almost zero visibilty with the swing away. I would recommend relocating it to the swing arm or the bumper. We have done several lately and they mount quite easily but the wiring can take some time to tackle depending on which place you choose to mount it.

Nathan do you have any experience with led reverse lights in this bumper? I'm thinking about using the rigid industries srm
Old 11-06-2012, 06:49 AM   #20

Quote:
Nathan do you have any experience with led reverse lights in this bumper? I'm thinking about using the rigid industries srm
Yes we have been using the Rigid SRM's for a while now. They are a great light and we also can sell them to you!