Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Vendors > CBI Off-Road Fab

Notices

Can't Install Forward Bolt for Sliders

Old 08-15-2011, 02:21 PM   #1
Lord of War
KenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KenLyns's Tacoma Gallery
Can't Install Forward Bolt for Sliders

I am trying to install CBI 2nd Gen Tacoma bolt-on sliders, working off an install guide on TTora: http://www.ttora.com/forum/showpost....10&postcount=1

How do I install the forwardmost bolt that goes into the boxed section of
the frame? See photo. I can't come up with a way to get the nut
inside the frame.

EDIT: Resolved: http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/cbi...ml#post3741782
Old 08-18-2011, 04:24 PM   #2
CBI Offroad Fab has a brilliant futureCBI Offroad Fab has a brilliant futureCBI Offroad Fab has a brilliant futureCBI Offroad Fab has a brilliant futureCBI Offroad Fab has a brilliant futureCBI Offroad Fab has a brilliant futureCBI Offroad Fab has a brilliant futureCBI Offroad Fab has a brilliant futureCBI Offroad Fab has a brilliant futureCBI Offroad Fab has a brilliant futureCBI Offroad Fab has a brilliant future

CBI Offroad Fab's Tacoma Gallery
Hey just wanted to make sure you got my email.?

Basically this bolt is just a tough one to get in. The best way to do it is with your hand and squeeze it into the space... If not use a wrench or socket to put the nut on the end of the bolt. You may have to be a little creative!

If you got my email you got a more detailed response so hopefully you got it all figured out. Let me know if you have any further questions!
Old 08-18-2011, 04:34 PM   #3
topgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zack
topgun155's Tacoma Gallery
I have seen where people weld or glue a coat hanger to one side and then you can bend it to the right shape to get it in.
Old 08-18-2011, 04:44 PM   #4
Dezert Toy Fabrication
DTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Anthony
DTFtacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Don't be a pussy drill it and bolt it

the end
Old 08-30-2011, 08:11 AM   #6
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
I've used a regular wrench and taped the nut to it for situations like this in the past. Once it's tight just pull the wrench out ripping the tape. Lesson learned, don't use overly strong duct tape for this, use something that breaks away fairly easily otherwise you can't get the wrench back out
Old 09-18-2011, 11:04 AM   #7
Lord of War
KenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KenLyns's Tacoma Gallery
Update: Previously I did not see the frame boxed section ending about a foot aft of the mounting point. With the brake line bracket temporarily moved out of the way, I could easily get my hand inside to install the nut.

The slider looks good installed :

BTW, the finish is Duplicolor Bed Armor. I did four coats. Each slider needed about 1.5 cans.
http://www.duplicolor.com/products/bedArmorAerosol/
Attached Thumbnails
Can't Install Forward Bolt for Sliders-p1020602_m.jpg