Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Vendors > CBI Off-Road Fab

Notices

Trail Master 2.0

Old 11-04-2012, 07:48 PM   #41
Indffrnce will be the fall of manknd but who cares
Drunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Retribution
Drunknsloth's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerTaco View Post
I spaced up the Timbren Bumpstops with washers and dropped the spot where they hit the frame with a couple of Hockey Pucks bolted on with grade 8 hardware...

Necessity is the mother of invention...

As far as theft if it is truly a concern you can run padlocks through the gas can and highlift. As far as the spare a cable lock would do...
Nice. Haha, And what do you mean by running padlocks? Padlocks with a cable?
Old 11-20-2012, 01:34 PM   #49
Are you Recreationally Insane?
mr.trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedmr.trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedmr.trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedmr.trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedmr.trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedmr.trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedmr.trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedmr.trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedmr.trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedmr.trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedmr.trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brant Luckow
mr.trd's Tacoma Gallery
Woot woot! Looks really good! Get it loaded up and you will love it! Then hit something on the trail with it and it will so be worth it. Instead of coming off a trail and looking like Brady! Lol. As for extended brake lines. Yes I am running them. Just need the shackle flip so I can take the 1" block out and still run my Deaver's. If not I need more spring.
Old 11-20-2012, 07:33 PM   #53
TOYWERX Grill Sargent
HomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Craig
HomerTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.trd View Post
A fad out of the necessity of high quality protection that looks great also!
I was at a meet this past weekend where there were several brands of HC rear bumpers w/ tire carriers.

This design offered the highest bedside clearance by several inches as well as having the most secure latch mechanism.

I'd also add that none of the other tire gates swung out to 180* either...

I know i'm partial to my own, but those are facts...
Old 11-21-2012, 11:35 PM   #55
Drunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerTaco View Post
I was at a meet this past weekend where there were several brands of HC rear bumpers w/ tire carriers.

This design offered the highest bedside clearance by several inches as well as having the most secure latch mechanism.

I'd also add that none of the other tire gates swung out to 180* either...

I know i'm partial to my own, but those are facts...
I didn't even think about trying to swing it out 180* Haha. How is your latch to keep it open though? I know there's a ramp type thing to push it up when opening the gate, but it still gets caught and I have to pull it up and then keep pushing gate. Then once it locks, it's a bitch to pull it up again and close the gate. I've never had a swing away before but pushing it open is hard too

Still a sick bumper though!

Quote:
Yep. Those are some damn good facts. I haven't really had a chance to see any other HC rear bumpers. Steve and I just thought about what we wanted and built it.
It's an awesome design!
Old 11-22-2012, 07:35 AM   #56
Are you Recreationally Insane?
mr.trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedmr.trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedmr.trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedmr.trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedmr.trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedmr.trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedmr.trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedmr.trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedmr.trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedmr.trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedmr.trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brant Luckow
mr.trd's Tacoma Gallery
Mine has the tube that is cut at an angle. I did have to bevel the pin to get it to slide up the angle nicer though. I would try that. And yes, the more weight you have on the gate the stiffer it is open. But that does come in handy when you are not level and want to open the gate.
Old 11-23-2012, 02:18 AM   #57

Quote:
Mine has the tube that is cut at an angle. I did have to bevel the pin to get it to slide up the angle nicer though. I would try that. And yes, the more weight you have on the gate the stiffer it is open. But that does come in handy when you are not level and want to open the gate.
Would it be possible for you to get some pictures? And what did you use to bevel the pin?