Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Vendors > CBI Off-Road Fab

Notices

My new Bushmaster 2.0

Old 05-02-2013, 06:53 PM   #1
Dark Lord of the Sith
wrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Tech Insp: 404 ASB/4th CAB
Name: Ryan Mathis
wrmathis's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via ICQ to wrmathis Send a message via Yahoo to wrmathis
My new Bushmaster 2.0

well, i got in on the March savings for a new rear bumper for my truck. Only issue i had was i was across country from my truck. I asked if i could go ahead and order the bumper and make sure that its was delivered after April 27, since thats the day i would get back to Va. well, it was delivered to the frieght terminal on the 29th and i picked it up today. will install this weekend with pics but here is one of it in the back of the truck

so far, CBI has been awesome to work with. if i needed a new front bumper, chances are i would get one from them
Old 05-02-2013, 07:00 PM   #2
Vaginas are rad.
Boone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
Boone's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrmathis View Post
Good lookin bumper. Kind of jealous.
Old 05-02-2013, 07:02 PM   #3
Dark Lord of the Sith
wrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boone Taco View Post
Good lookin bumper. Kind of jealous.

good, be jealous
Old 05-02-2013, 07:04 PM   #4
Vaginas are rad.
Boone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
Boone's Tacoma Gallery
Soon enough, soon enough. Mine is still a work truck now. I'll have to give it a couple years being stock, then switch over running gear from the Jeep. Then it's my turn.
Old 05-02-2013, 07:09 PM   #5
stephen11ty7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedstephen11ty7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedstephen11ty7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedstephen11ty7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedstephen11ty7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedstephen11ty7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedstephen11ty7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedstephen11ty7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedstephen11ty7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedstephen11ty7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedstephen11ty7 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Stephen
stephen11ty7's Tacoma Gallery
NICE!!! Subbed to see the progress
Old 05-03-2013, 04:34 PM   #6
CBI Offroad Fab has a brilliant futureCBI Offroad Fab has a brilliant futureCBI Offroad Fab has a brilliant futureCBI Offroad Fab has a brilliant futureCBI Offroad Fab has a brilliant futureCBI Offroad Fab has a brilliant futureCBI Offroad Fab has a brilliant futureCBI Offroad Fab has a brilliant futureCBI Offroad Fab has a brilliant futureCBI Offroad Fab has a brilliant futureCBI Offroad Fab has a brilliant future

CBI Offroad Fab's Tacoma Gallery
We can't wait to see the bumper on your truck. Let us know if you have any questions when you go to install!
Old 05-03-2013, 05:19 PM   #7
Dark Lord of the Sith

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBI Offroad Fab View Post
We can't wait to see the bumper on your truck. Let us know if you have any questions when you go to install!

will do
Old 05-04-2013, 03:07 PM   #8
Dark Lord of the Sith

Cuttin the bedsides. Wasn't me tho. Was el tacorojo
My new Bushmaster 2.0-imageuploadedbytapatalk1367701557.685088.jpg

Bedsides cut My new Bushmaster 2.0-imageuploadedbytapatalk1367701623.337039.jpg

Painted My new Bushmaster 2.0-imageuploadedbytapatalk1367701650.854929.jpg
Old 05-05-2013, 03:03 PM   #9
Dark Lord of the Sith

bumper complete

the only issues i ran into with the bumper was the latch thing that secures the swing arm to the bumper. the Hole in the swing arm was slightly off to screw the handle into the hole. once we opened it up a little, it worked just fine. also, i think the screw part for the handle could stand to be a little longer to make it easier to secure the swing arm. otherwise it was a pretty simple install other than painting which always sucks.

for paint i used POR-15 to coat, then rustoleum bedliner to finish it off.
Old 05-05-2013, 03:13 PM   #10
Dark Lord of the Sith

all and all tho, CBI was great to work with, just a thing or 2 i would have changed or like to be done different. love the bumper
Old 08-27-2013, 11:45 AM   #13
TACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kelly
TACO TX's Tacoma Gallery
Your back right tire looks low.
Old 11-29-2013, 04:31 PM   #14
Arrowshot is on a distinguished road

Navy: Force Protection
Arrowshot's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
bumper complete

the only issues i ran into with the bumper was the latch thing that secures the swing arm to the bumper. the Hole in the swing arm was slightly off to screw the handle into the hole. once we opened it up a little, it worked just fine. also, i think the screw part for the handle could stand to be a little longer to make it easier to secure the swing arm. otherwise it was a pretty simple install other than painting which always sucks.

for paint i used POR-15 to coat, then rustoleum bedliner to finish it off.
wrmathis,
I have a Bushmaster with a swing gate ordered from Nathan. Did you do your own install and are photos/info available? Would appreciate any suggestions/comments. It looks like you cut your fender right up to the minimum between the fender and the bumper. Is their any "give" under this area if you contacted a rock or something that would result in the fender area above it being flexed and bent?
Old 12-18-2013, 11:46 AM   #15
Dark Lord of the Sith

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclovin View Post
since you installed it, have you had the tire work its self loose? i've had mine since jan and lately it seems to work loose every other week of just on the road driving...
no, havent had that problem that im aware of. also, havent driven it a whole lot during until recently. I was out of town 4 months for work and also, i had to replace the engine for a spun rod bearing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TACO TX View Post
Your back right tire looks low.
probably was :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrowshot View Post
wrmathis,
I have a Bushmaster with a swing gate ordered from Nathan. Did you do your own install and are photos/info available? Would appreciate any suggestions/comments. It looks like you cut your fender right up to the minimum between the fender and the bumper. Is their any "give" under this area if you contacted a rock or something that would result in the fender area above it being flexed and bent?

no extra pics i got other than what i have posted. best tip i have is have someone there to help you out. makes it a lot easier. when i first cut the bedside, part of the bedside was actually inside the bumper. like an over lap. since then, i have gone in and measured 3/4" above the bumper to get a nice gap/clean looking cut. you want some kind of gap here and not because of hitting a rock or anything like that, but from the frame twisting and making contact with the bedside

also, sorry i just replied to this thread for everyone that posted, didnt realize anyone has posted in here in a while
Old 12-18-2013, 11:52 AM   #17
Dark Lord of the Sith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manwithoutaplan View Post
what kinda of leaf pack you running??
dakars. bout to put the add a leaf for it in this weekend and will also do the shackle flip if we can get the rivets out
Old 12-18-2013, 11:53 AM   #18
the full Monty
Manwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Manwithoutaplan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
dakars. bout to put the add a leaf for it in this weekend and will also do the shackle flip if we can get the rivets out
ic well hopefully you can get the rivets out. I was looking into different leaf pack since my bumper is so heavy. Might do a custom leaf pack from National spring.
Old 12-18-2013, 11:54 AM   #19
Dark Lord of the Sith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manwithoutaplan View Post
ic well hopefully you can get the rivets out. I was looking into different leaf pack since my bumper is so heavy. Might do a custom leaf pack from National spring.
if i didnt have a bed rack and a RTT i wouldnt worry about the AAL