Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Vendors > CBI Off-Road Fab

Notices

Moab 2.0: Pre-purchase questions

Old 12-31-2013, 01:33 PM   #1
happy is one of the sharper tools in the shedhappy is one of the sharper tools in the shedhappy is one of the sharper tools in the shedhappy is one of the sharper tools in the shedhappy is one of the sharper tools in the shedhappy is one of the sharper tools in the shedhappy is one of the sharper tools in the shedhappy is one of the sharper tools in the shedhappy is one of the sharper tools in the shedhappy is one of the sharper tools in the shedhappy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

happy's Tacoma Gallery
Moab 2.0: Pre-purchase questions

My 2014 DCSB is supposed to be here by the end of the week, and I've all but decided to get a moab 2.0 for the front.

I have a few questions:

1. Will the stock skid plate work with this bumper? If not, what aftermarket skid plate does?

2. Do the stock fog lights work with the bumper? How involved is the wiring/installation?

3. Can the powder-coat finish that is offered be clear-coated to increase durability?

Thanks for the information and the great product--I had an ARB on my '01 tacoma, it was a great bumper, but I'm drawn to the moab because of its minimalist design in a plate bumper.
Old 01-02-2014, 07:58 AM   #2
CBI Offroad Fab has a brilliant futureCBI Offroad Fab has a brilliant futureCBI Offroad Fab has a brilliant futureCBI Offroad Fab has a brilliant futureCBI Offroad Fab has a brilliant futureCBI Offroad Fab has a brilliant futureCBI Offroad Fab has a brilliant futureCBI Offroad Fab has a brilliant futureCBI Offroad Fab has a brilliant futureCBI Offroad Fab has a brilliant futureCBI Offroad Fab has a brilliant future

CBI Offroad Fab's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by happy View Post
My 2014 DCSB is supposed to be here by the end of the week, and I've all but decided to get a moab 2.0 for the front.

I have a few questions:

1. Will the stock skid plate work with this bumper? If not, what aftermarket skid plate does?

2. Do the stock fog lights work with the bumper? How involved is the wiring/installation?

3. Can the powder-coat finish that is offered be clear-coated to increase durability?

Thanks for the information and the great product--I had an ARB on my '01 tacoma, it was a great bumper, but I'm drawn to the moab because of its minimalist design in a plate bumper.
The stock skid will work fine with the Moab 2.0.
The stock fog lamps will also work with the bumper.
About the only thing I know of to increase the durability of the powder coat is to do a zink coating prior to powder coat to help prevent rust if you get any chips.
Hope this answers your questions. Let us know if there's anything else we can help with.
Old 01-02-2014, 08:02 AM   #3
Just trying to measure up...
Jetlander is one of the sharper tools in the shedJetlander is one of the sharper tools in the shedJetlander is one of the sharper tools in the shedJetlander is one of the sharper tools in the shedJetlander is one of the sharper tools in the shedJetlander is one of the sharper tools in the shedJetlander is one of the sharper tools in the shedJetlander is one of the sharper tools in the shedJetlander is one of the sharper tools in the shedJetlander is one of the sharper tools in the shedJetlander is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: Jonathan (aka MOAB)
Jetlander's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by CBI Offroad Fab View Post
The stock skid will work fine with the Moab 2.0.
The stock fog lamps will also work with the bumper.
About the only thing I know of to increase the durability of the powder coat is to do a zink coating prior to powder coat to help prevent rust if you get any chips.
Hope this answers your questions. Let us know if there's anything else we can help with.
^^^
This. I have the Moab and am extremely happy with it.
Old 01-02-2014, 08:22 AM   #4
happy is one of the sharper tools in the shedhappy is one of the sharper tools in the shedhappy is one of the sharper tools in the shedhappy is one of the sharper tools in the shedhappy is one of the sharper tools in the shedhappy is one of the sharper tools in the shedhappy is one of the sharper tools in the shedhappy is one of the sharper tools in the shedhappy is one of the sharper tools in the shedhappy is one of the sharper tools in the shedhappy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

happy's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for the info!!
Old 01-03-2014, 07:11 AM   #6

happy's Tacoma Gallery
cool thanks-- the rhino lining looks great on bumpers
Old 01-29-2014, 06:39 PM   #7

happy's Tacoma Gallery
Pulled the trigger on the moab yesterday-- I can't wait to install!
Old 01-29-2014, 06:59 PM   #9

happy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetlander View Post
You will love it. Congrats.
Thanks! Your build was one of the ones that convinced me to go with the moab. Nice Truck! Also, I originally came to a tacoma from driving an F-350 also-- it's a world of difference!
Old 01-31-2014, 01:59 PM   #11

happy's Tacoma Gallery
Single hoop like your sig pic.
If I hit something at speed the headlights & quarter panels would almost definitely have to be replaced anyway. That's why I went with the moab--it's a minimal bumper for mounting a winch or scraping on rocks. I really think that in most other kind of collision you may as well have a stock bumper.