Notices

Outback 1.0 with Swing Away Tire Carrier pre purchase questions

Old 01-05-2014, 10:58 AM   #1
fka unregistered lurker...
munkel is on a distinguished road

Name: Mike
munkel's Tacoma Gallery
Outback 1.0 with Swing Away Tire Carrier pre purchase questions

So I am pretty sold on this being my next purchase, a few questions though.

Is there a latch or lock that hold the swing away open when you have it open?
How easy is it to remove the swing out when I need to use my bed with the tailgate down?
Can the spare tire be mounted flat instead of at an angle, I need the max space for a motorcycle that mounts to a hitch mounted carrier.
I would like to be able to mount my Hi-Lift as well, will that interfere with the idea of mounting the tire straight up and down and tucking to save space?
Can accessory light holes be added to the Outback?

Oh, also, how much is shipping to 97219, Portland OR?

Thanks much,

Mike
Old 01-06-2014, 02:17 PM   #2
CBI Offroad Fab has a brilliant futureCBI Offroad Fab has a brilliant futureCBI Offroad Fab has a brilliant futureCBI Offroad Fab has a brilliant futureCBI Offroad Fab has a brilliant futureCBI Offroad Fab has a brilliant futureCBI Offroad Fab has a brilliant futureCBI Offroad Fab has a brilliant futureCBI Offroad Fab has a brilliant futureCBI Offroad Fab has a brilliant futureCBI Offroad Fab has a brilliant future

CBI Offroad Fab's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by munkel View Post
So I am pretty sold on this being my next purchase, a few questions though.

Is there a latch or lock that hold the swing away open when you have it open?
How easy is it to remove the swing out when I need to use my bed with the tailgate down?
Can the spare tire be mounted flat instead of at an angle, I need the max space for a motorcycle that mounts to a hitch mounted carrier.
I would like to be able to mount my Hi-Lift as well, will that interfere with the idea of mounting the tire straight up and down and tucking to save space?
Can accessory light holes be added to the Outback?

Oh, also, how much is shipping to 97219, Portland OR?

Thanks much,

Mike
Hey mike sounds like we need to make a custom setup for you. Give us a call and will get all the details hammered out
Old 01-08-2014, 04:53 PM   #3
fka unregistered lurker...
munkel is on a distinguished road

Name: Mike
munkel's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for the help today Nathan, the only thing I forgot to ask was how difficult it is to remove and reinstall the swingout.
Old 01-09-2014, 07:35 AM   #4
CBI Offroad Fab has a brilliant futureCBI Offroad Fab has a brilliant futureCBI Offroad Fab has a brilliant futureCBI Offroad Fab has a brilliant futureCBI Offroad Fab has a brilliant futureCBI Offroad Fab has a brilliant futureCBI Offroad Fab has a brilliant futureCBI Offroad Fab has a brilliant futureCBI Offroad Fab has a brilliant futureCBI Offroad Fab has a brilliant futureCBI Offroad Fab has a brilliant future

CBI Offroad Fab's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by munkel View Post
Thanks for the help today Nathan, the only thing I forgot to ask was how difficult it is to remove and reinstall the swingout.
It's not difficult but it's not designed to be pulled off and on. Probably more of a hassle than what its worth.
Old 01-09-2014, 12:12 PM   #6
Running For Mayor of TW
richardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Richard
richardbui23's Tacoma Gallery
thats customer service right there!
Old 01-09-2014, 06:30 PM   #7
tex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Aaron
tex's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by CBI Offroad Fab View Post
It's not difficult but it's not designed to be pulled off and on. Probably more of a hassle than what its worth.
X2. I was going to take mine off when I moved 6 months ago. It was easier to buy beer and ask friends for help