Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Vendors > CBI Off-Road Fab

Notices

Spy pics

Old 01-17-2010, 10:13 AM   #21
4low2go has a brilliant future4low2go has a brilliant future4low2go has a brilliant future4low2go has a brilliant future4low2go has a brilliant future4low2go has a brilliant future4low2go has a brilliant future4low2go has a brilliant future4low2go has a brilliant future4low2go has a brilliant future4low2go has a brilliant future

4low2go's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.trd View Post
All mounting and winch plate is 1/4" cold rolled and everything else is 3/16" cold rolled. As it is now with the winch plate and mounting all there, we do not know the exact weight, just that it is actually lighter than my full tube bumper. That is right now as the pics were taken with no headlight protection or stinger. So it will go up some, but we will weigh it when it is fully finished with the headlight protection and stinger, and also without.
Built as as good as it looks. I actually like it without any of the headlight and grill bars. Thought of powder coating/painting it wrinkle black
Old 01-17-2010, 10:17 AM   #22
Project.paradigm is one of the sharper tools in the shedProject.paradigm is one of the sharper tools in the shedProject.paradigm is one of the sharper tools in the shedProject.paradigm is one of the sharper tools in the shedProject.paradigm is one of the sharper tools in the shedProject.paradigm is one of the sharper tools in the shedProject.paradigm is one of the sharper tools in the shedProject.paradigm is one of the sharper tools in the shedProject.paradigm is one of the sharper tools in the shedProject.paradigm is one of the sharper tools in the shedProject.paradigm is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Project.paradigm's Tacoma Gallery
I had a Haro bmx bike that was bare metal with a clear coat. There must be a way to do it.
Old 01-17-2010, 10:18 AM   #23
Are you Recreationally Insane?
mr.trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedmr.trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedmr.trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedmr.trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedmr.trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedmr.trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedmr.trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedmr.trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedmr.trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedmr.trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedmr.trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brant Luckow
mr.trd's Tacoma Gallery
Base price should be between $700 and $800. This one was put together uses random chucks here in the shop so we really don't know how much steel is in it until we make all the patterns and build the jig. That should be done this week so we will have a better idea soon.
Old 01-17-2010, 10:25 AM   #24
mr.trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedmr.trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedmr.trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedmr.trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedmr.trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedmr.trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedmr.trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedmr.trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedmr.trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedmr.trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedmr.trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed

mr.trd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4low2go View Post
Built as as good as it looks. I actually like it without any of the headlight and grill bars. Thought of powder coating/painting it wrinkle black
Yeah, that can be done no problem. The wrinkle powdercoat looks good and is thicker than a normal powdercoat so it takes more of a abuse, but it also looks dirty all the time because it holds the dirt in the wrinkles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Project.paradigm View Post
I had a Haro bmx bike that was bare metal with a clear coat. There must be a way to do it.
I figured there has to be a way to do it. Maybe the guy I talked to just didn't want to do it.....
Old 01-17-2010, 10:28 AM   #25
Panda Jerk
THXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jacob
THXEY's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delmarva View Post
That bumper puts the allpro bumper to shame...

looks great
x2!! that looks awesome!
Old 01-17-2010, 10:36 AM   #26
4low2go has a brilliant future4low2go has a brilliant future4low2go has a brilliant future4low2go has a brilliant future4low2go has a brilliant future4low2go has a brilliant future4low2go has a brilliant future4low2go has a brilliant future4low2go has a brilliant future4low2go has a brilliant future4low2go has a brilliant future

4low2go's Tacoma Gallery
[quote=mr.trd;1326688]Yeah, that can be done no problem. The wrinkle powdercoat looks good and is thicker than a normal powdercoat so it takes more of a abuse, but it also looks dirty all the time because it holds the dirt in the wrinkles.
quote]

I use to use some type of cleaner on my HD Springer Softail engine, which had the wrinkle finish, which worked OK. Are skids to follow?
Old 01-17-2010, 12:49 PM   #27

mr.trd's Tacoma Gallery
For skid plate we recommend getting ahold of Bud Built. We are not set up to make skids. Don't have the tooling to work with large sheets of flat stock. And if we pieced them together, they would be really really expensive. Plus Bud has a great product and knows what he is doing. He can do skids, we will stick to bumpers and sliders.
Old 01-19-2010, 05:59 AM   #29
V-TRAIN is one of the sharper tools in the shedV-TRAIN is one of the sharper tools in the shedV-TRAIN is one of the sharper tools in the shedV-TRAIN is one of the sharper tools in the shedV-TRAIN is one of the sharper tools in the shedV-TRAIN is one of the sharper tools in the shedV-TRAIN is one of the sharper tools in the shedV-TRAIN is one of the sharper tools in the shedV-TRAIN is one of the sharper tools in the shedV-TRAIN is one of the sharper tools in the shedV-TRAIN is one of the sharper tools in the shed

V-TRAIN's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.trd View Post
Yeah, that can be done no problem. The wrinkle powdercoat looks good and is thicker than a normal powdercoat so it takes more of a abuse, but it also looks dirty all the time because it holds the dirt in the wrinkles....
if you are super lazy, like me, you can just spray the tire cleaning foam on it. that is how i clean my bumper. i have linex on mine. spray it walk away, 5 minutes later clean as a whistle no scrubbing.

love the new front bumper, can't wait to see it with the bars.
Old 01-19-2010, 11:37 AM   #30
︻╦╤─
Doc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: HM1 (FMF/SW/AW)
Name: Frank
Doc.SS's Tacoma Gallery
that looks great
Old 01-19-2010, 11:56 AM   #31
Gadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Gadget@URD's Tacoma Gallery
That is a very nice looking piece of work.

I do have a suggestion. It appears to be very tight on the body. Open up that spacing a good bit and leave about 1/2" or maybe more between the bumper and body.

There is a lot of frame flex and body mount flex that goes on and all these parts shift around a good bit and you will have a sprisingly amount of contact between the parts.

I wheel a 3rd Gen 4Runner with a real boxed frame and it does flex a good bit. My custom rear bumper and TJM front had to be adjusted for more clearance because of contact that was going on.

G
Old 01-20-2010, 11:34 AM   #32

mr.trd's Tacoma Gallery
There will be some spacing when it is done. But the one thing that we didn't do was put the bumper under the body it is all on the outside of the body so the body can move and flex up and down as need be and still not contact the bumper. But still look really good on flat ground without having a large gap. When we take the final pics we are going to either did the RTI ramp out of the snow drift or us a forklift and flex the truck out to make for sure that nothing comes into contact....

Also there will be some adjustment in the mounting cause who is to say that everyone mounts it the exact same way we did now. Thanks for the heads up Gadget.
Old 01-20-2010, 11:45 AM   #33
saltwater taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaltwater taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaltwater taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaltwater taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaltwater taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaltwater taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaltwater taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaltwater taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaltwater taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaltwater taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaltwater taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brandon
saltwater taco's Tacoma Gallery
looks beast!
Old 01-21-2010, 10:11 AM   #34

mr.trd's Tacoma Gallery
Get your photoshop skills polished up. We will be putting the bumper on the truck again today to do the upper tubing and draw out some ventilation holes on the center section. But we would like to see your ideas of ventilation as well. Thanks.
Old 01-22-2010, 12:50 PM   #35

mr.trd's Tacoma Gallery
Well here are some of our ideas and we did flex it out to make sure nothing hits. Boy do the body mounts compress and extend. Our bumper does not go under the body at all, it goes around the body so there is no issue in hitting the fenders or flares. Oh and we added another piece to the side of it to cover some of the mounting as well.

Triangles

Horizontal Slots

Slanted Rectangle

Slanted Rectangle with center rectangle

Angled Rectangle with center rectangle

Now for the pics of the truck on the ramp. Had to use the bumper to pull it out of the frozen snow bank.

Give us your ideas.....
Old 01-22-2010, 01:07 PM   #37
m771401 is a name known to allm771401 is a name known to allm771401 is a name known to allm771401 is a name known to allm771401 is a name known to allm771401 is a name known to all

m771401's Tacoma Gallery
To say that is F'N SEXY! would be the understatement of the year...
Old 01-22-2010, 01:09 PM   #38
m771401 is a name known to allm771401 is a name known to allm771401 is a name known to allm771401 is a name known to allm771401 is a name known to allm771401 is a name known to all

m771401's Tacoma Gallery
I would also like to add that the bumper looks like ass and the only solution would be to install it on my truck...
Old 01-22-2010, 01:21 PM   #39
abides.
Brunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: LT- CG MH-65C/D Driver- CGAS NOLA
Name: Mark
Brunes's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Brunes
Those are AWESOME man.

I like the mounting ALOT. The extra coverage and the low shackles look great. The horizontal slots (Photo #2) or the angled rectangles with the rectangle center (Photo #5) for ventilation.

Wild to see the flex on the frame.

I kinda wanna drive up to Idaho and get one of those- You should have time to whip it up right??
Old 01-22-2010, 01:34 PM   #40

mr.trd's Tacoma Gallery
I think my favorite is the triangles but then add the rectangle thingy in the center. Unless you have to have a front plate. Then it just ruins the looks of the whole damn bumper. What about have the triangles on the sides and the CBI cut out above the fairlead mount and put the license plate down at the bottom? Yep, that is what I want! Settled.