1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Good Mechanic in Denver CO

Discussion in 'Colorado' started by macgyver, Jul 16, 2010.

1. Jul 16, 2010 at 11:30 AM
    macgyver

macgyver [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brad
    Canton, GA
    Vehicle:
    '13 Tundra double cab SR5 4x4
    Hey guys,

Does anyone know of a good mechanics in the Denver area. My girlfriend is having A/C issues with her Acura MDX. When she lived w/ me in GA I did all the mechanic work on her vehicle. Since she moved out there for school she no longer has me to do her mechanic work since i'm 1,400 miles away.

I tried doing some troubleshooting with her over the phone. She bought an A/C re-charge kit, system is not empty...so scratch that. Had her swap the compressor clutch relay to see if the relay was bad (common honda issue). Still didn't fix it. She says the belt squeals when the AC kicks on which leads me to believe its a physical clutch issue. The next step is taking it to a shop.

The first preference would be a good AC shop. Second preference would be someone who specializes in Honda/Acura.

NO DONT SAY THE DEALER, I refuse to take vehicles to dealer for anything other than warranty work. An Acura dealer tried to take advantage of her already and tell her that the water pump was leaking. That was total BS the car only has 67k miles on it. I inspected it during my last visit and everything was fine, no leaks. What a bunch of crooks.

She lives close to downtown right near City Park and she works in Westminster off of Federal blvd so anywhere near there would be great. She has gone to a mechanic before thats really good but he's way out in Golden which is way way too far of a drive.

2. Jul 21, 2010 at 6:05 PM
    Kappes03

Kappes03 Legend of the UG

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    1996 Toyota Hilux Surf

Products Discussed in

To Top