1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Colorado B.S. Thread

Discussion in 'Colorado' started by Kappes03, Jan 1, 2011.

1. Nov 7, 2012 at 7:51 AM
    DOT

DOT Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jobin
    Littleton CO
    Vehicle:
    2007 FJ
    3'' toytec lift
    do you guys really think that just cause 64 pass more people are going to take up smoking now ?

2. Nov 7, 2012 at 7:52 AM
    T-Rex266

T-Rex266 Elon Musk Moderator

Member:
    Yes....some just need a personal justified reason

3. Nov 7, 2012 at 8:02 AM
    NativeTaco

NativeTaco Mountain Man

Member:
    First Name:
    Travis
    Fort Collins, CO
    Vehicle:
    '08 DCLB
    ARB, OME, BAMF, ATO, Rigid, more... Mountain Man Limousine
    I am kinda surprised at how fearful and closed-minded you all sound. Do any of you feel that alcohol should be made illegal again? As a teacher, I don't have the luxury of participating in either (alcohol in moderation on occasion), but I think people should have the choice to do what they want and therefore choose their consequences for doing it wrong, especially if we can make money off of it.

Think about pot smokers... If they don't want to work they probably don't have money. That means they probably won't have the means to move here from wherever they are. Or the motivation. I am excited because it looks like education will get a large portion of the proceeds and I know my district could use it. Colorado isn't the great place it is because weed was illegal, and it won't change that drastically because it is legal now.

And I don't think that it will be easier for kids to get pot than it was before. Kids get what they want no matter what. I know I did when I was growing up. And back then it was easier to get weed than alcohol, for me anyway.

4. Nov 7, 2012 at 8:02 AM
    T-Rex266

Member:
  5. Nov 7, 2012 at 8:04 AM
    T-Rex266

Member:
    It's the same as anything else...stipulations should still be put in place....

6. Nov 7, 2012 at 8:10 AM
    NativeTaco

NativeTaco Mountain Man

Member:
    First Name:
    Travis
    Fort Collins, CO
    Vehicle:
    '08 DCLB
    I totally agree, and I think they will be. There will be certain communities that will probably see a change in demographics, but for the most part I think the biggest change will be that your average smoker who smokes in their house and doesn't drive around intoxicated will be able to go to a storefront instead of having to associate themselves with criminals to obtain it.

7. Nov 7, 2012 at 8:17 AM
    DOT

DOT Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jobin
    Littleton CO
    Vehicle:
    2007 FJ
    3'' toytec lift
    I agree ^

8. Nov 7, 2012 at 8:19 AM
    Ostrichsak

Ostrichsak Don't taze me bro!

Member:
    First Name:
    Jer
    Northern Colorado, USA
    Vehicle:
    Supercharged '10 Tacoma 4x4 TRD
    TRD Supercharger + too much stuff to list. Click sig pic
    There's a WHOLE lot of stereotyping going on here.

That aside, I think this bill is a small step forward but ultimately a large step backward. We've set the precedent that in order to enjoy the things that should be legal to begin with we should be subject to a tax. It should be legal because it should be legal. The fact that the bill was created with the thought that being taxed would help it pass bothers me. We're headed down a VERY slippery slope.

9. Nov 7, 2012 at 8:21 AM
    Duke

Duke Active Member

Member:
    Denver
    Vehicle:
    '12 TRD Sport Access Cab
    I'm worried about being the first state to do it more than anything else. We're going to get a huge level of people moving here and an even bigger level of drug tourism if they somehow manage to get this past the federal level and allow dispensaries to turn into full on pot shops. You're underestimating and over generalizing the pot smoking population. There is a very large populace in the country that partakes and will be that much more tempted to move here where they don't have to fear random testing at work or dealing with their channels of getting it now when they can just go down the street and buy it freely.

It also makes me worry that we might potentially legalize it without better DUI testing. Just hope that the LEO's can come to a solid consensus on DUI for pot and really crack down on it. People smoking and driving makes me more nervous than anything else, I could care less what you do in the comfort of your own home.

However I fully agree that it's not going to make it any easier for kids to get ahold of it. I was never into it but would never have had a problem getting it while I was growing up. Never had a problem getting alcohol either.

10. Nov 7, 2012 at 8:22 AM
    csuviper

csuviper Moderator Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    Broomfield, CO
    Vehicle:
    2012 Tundra Rock Warrior 5.7L 4x4
    3" Toytec Ultimate Lift, 315/70R17 Duratracs, RW Wheels, Grillcraft Grill, Toyota "Raptor" Lettering and more
    I am thinking that the money spent toward arrests, court, etc for marijuana will actually increase, not decrease. You know dumb potheads will think that being legal means that they can smoke in public and drive while high.
    Plus I agree with Sean, the blackmarket will still most likely be cheaper so it will increase the amount of back street deals. They are saying that it will be taxed 3 times (grower, dealer, consumer).

11. Nov 7, 2012 at 8:26 AM
    Namyo

Namyo -

Member:
    Hydro stores are gonna be busy...

12. Nov 7, 2012 at 8:27 AM
    csuviper

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    Broomfield, CO
    Vehicle:
    3" Toytec Ultimate Lift, 315/70R17 Duratracs, RW Wheels, Grillcraft Grill, Toyota "Raptor" Lettering and more

I do agree with this. Need to firm this up quick or it will just be a battle in court where violators will go free without firm regulation.

13. Nov 7, 2012 at 8:32 AM
    csuviper

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    Broomfield, CO
    Vehicle:
    You are correct, there is a big stereotype here.
    Of course there are alot of different types of people that partake in this that are able to regulate the amounts and times that they partake that do not negatively affect their daily lives.
    Just like alcohol, in moderation it isn't a problem.
    The problems are with those that are not able to regulate the amounts and that seem to put this drug above other things in their lives.

14. Nov 7, 2012 at 8:32 AM
    NativeTaco

NativeTaco Mountain Man

Member:
    First Name:
    Travis
    Fort Collins, CO
    Vehicle:
    '08 DCLB
    I see what you all are saying. I did cast some stereotypes before, but from the sounds of it, the people that "we" are most fearful of coming to our communities are the ones that fit these stereotypes. I share the feeling that it shouldn't be taxed, but if it starts out that way, I can deal with that. Perhaps the tax responsibility will shift after a few years.
    I wouldn't move across the country to avoid a drug test, but maybe that's just me. Uprooting myself and family and looking for a new job just so that i could buy pot from a store seems like alot of work. And i dont mind working!

I hope that it forces us to find better ways of identifying intoxication while driving.

15. Nov 7, 2012 at 8:36 AM
    NativeTaco

NativeTaco Mountain Man

Member:
    First Name:
    Travis
    Fort Collins, CO
    Vehicle:
    '08 DCLB
    You guys bring up great points and seem more open-minded than what I thought after the first few posts I read. I guess I don't know how to feel about this anymore. There are many pros and cons and new ones will probably emerge. I love that Coloradans are willing to give it a try and see what happens. I doubt it will change my life too much.

16. Nov 7, 2012 at 8:40 AM
    lotsoftoys

lotsoftoys pavement is boring....

Member:
    First Name:
    Jace
    Denver
    Vehicle:
    98 lifted panda taco
    bunch of crap
    that is legit^

but in reality, most jobs can and will still test for it will they not? I know mine will and my brothers and my dads will. randoms are normal at the dealership... and if u get hurt, u get tested before u get takin care of at the doctors lol. so even if u want to smoke because its legal for you t do so, you would need to find a job that doesnt test right?

17. Nov 7, 2012 at 8:40 AM
    AvsFanTRD

AvsFanTRD Oh gravity, thou art a heartless bitch!

Member:
    First Name:
    Brandon
    Wyoming
    Vehicle:
    2008 TRD Off Road Black
    rear suspension TSB, sockmonkey bed decals, weathertech floor liners, TRD seat covers, tailgate pop n lock, rear diff breather relocation, center console lock, Viper Alarm, extra D-rings in bed, 5100's on all 4 corners
    My solution when pulling over suspicious driving. If pot is suspected, offer Cheetos. If they jump at the chance for snacks, BAM! busted.

18. Nov 7, 2012 at 8:41 AM
    csuviper

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    Broomfield, CO
    Vehicle:
    I am very open minded but just worried about the reputation of the state that I love and what it will become from this.

19. Nov 7, 2012 at 8:41 AM
    Dcpsychobilly

Dcpsychobilly Well-Known Member

Member:
    Aurora Colorado
    Vehicle:
    04 dbl cab Taco
    Bumpers, skids, lights and more lights, trail gear bumper, sliders, front kings, dakar lift leaf springs rear, corbeau seats
    It wont solve anything, it would help my ra (instead of using meds that in the long run will beat up my liver) It is also a immune suppressant (which in my case is a good thing)
    Dont worry itll be ok lol I'm a smarter then pot lol

Thats what I think, including the bad candy lol

LOL I got one of them

Yes it will, there answer will be something like its legal so its ok.

Thats going to be a sad day for Colorado

20. Nov 7, 2012 at 8:43 AM
    csuviper

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    Broomfield, CO
    Vehicle:
    You are correct. You still can't work impaired, just like you cant drive impaired. Too much of a risk at most jobs to have someone working impaired.

Products Discussed in

To Top