Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Colorado

Notices

Colorado B.S. Thread

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-11-2013, 10:29 AM   #36642
rockgecko03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrockgecko03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrockgecko03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrockgecko03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrockgecko03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrockgecko03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrockgecko03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrockgecko03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrockgecko03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrockgecko03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrockgecko03 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ben
rockgecko03's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoyal View Post
Those are my favorite wheels that Toyota ever made for the 6 lugs.
Old 04-11-2013, 10:50 AM   #36643
Tundra FTMFW
csuviper is one of the sharper tools in the shedcsuviper is one of the sharper tools in the shedcsuviper is one of the sharper tools in the shedcsuviper is one of the sharper tools in the shedcsuviper is one of the sharper tools in the shedcsuviper is one of the sharper tools in the shedcsuviper is one of the sharper tools in the shedcsuviper is one of the sharper tools in the shedcsuviper is one of the sharper tools in the shedcsuviper is one of the sharper tools in the shedcsuviper is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
csuviper's Tacoma Gallery
Monster truck tires or its lame:
Old 04-11-2013, 10:51 AM   #36644
rockgecko03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrockgecko03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrockgecko03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrockgecko03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrockgecko03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrockgecko03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrockgecko03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrockgecko03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrockgecko03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrockgecko03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrockgecko03 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

but that's not car seat friendly!
Old 04-11-2013, 10:52 AM   #36645
DOT has a brilliant futureDOT has a brilliant futureDOT has a brilliant futureDOT has a brilliant futureDOT has a brilliant futureDOT has a brilliant futureDOT has a brilliant futureDOT has a brilliant futureDOT has a brilliant futureDOT has a brilliant futureDOT has a brilliant future

Name: Jobin
DOT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoyal View Post

Needs to be the V8 one though
Old 04-11-2013, 10:55 AM   #36646
Whiskey bent and hell bound.
Hoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: I'm TWITTER FAMOUS.
Name: Devin
Hoyal's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DOT View Post
Yeah I don't mind the v6 that is in the 2003. But yeah I would like the v8 though.
Old 04-11-2013, 10:56 AM   #36647

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOT View Post
sometimes I miss my runner... the V8 was really nice

Old 04-11-2013, 10:58 AM   #36648
Hoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Hoyal's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah I'd rock that.

In the 4th gen runners is the scooped hood still considered the sport model. I'm prolly going to have my buddy look for a white "sport". Anything I should be aware of are the motors built proof like the older runners. So If I buy one with 115k is that a bad thing?
Old 04-11-2013, 11:02 AM   #36649

Mine was 07 sport edition. As far as I know, the scoop was only on the sport models. I only got to 40K on the odo so I don't know about the longevity of that engine. Jace would probably be a good source for that info.

Edit: Eric, is your lady's ride the V6 or V8?
Old 04-11-2013, 11:06 AM   #36650
MPG? LOL
sean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
sean266's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoTacoTRD View Post
For reference Sean that Tundy my neighbor has (the gray one) is on 35's. They kind of look small on his. I say save your pennies and do it up right the first time.
35" it is
Old 04-11-2013, 11:06 AM   #36651

Hoyal's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah I would assume it would be good its still a Toyota. But I don't want to buy a new one because I refuse to give up my toy buying . And if I go out and buy something that carries a hefty monthly payment the wifffff wont want me to buy toys.
Old 04-11-2013, 11:07 AM   #36652
MPG? LOL
sean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

sean266's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockgecko03 View Post
aren't the duratrac's are a pretty spendy tire though? I know they're a really good tire, but I would think there are other options that would get the job done for less.
I'm sure there are, I just need to look into it more.
Old 04-11-2013, 11:08 AM   #36653
MPG? LOL

sean266's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockgecko03 View Post
but that's not car seat friendly!
Lol!
Old 04-11-2013, 11:22 AM   #36654

Hoyal's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah you don't need an off road tire really sean you could go with an aggressive street tire, or a less expensive AT.
Old 04-11-2013, 11:25 AM   #36655
4Runner Abuser
steezemcqueen is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteezemcqueen is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteezemcqueen is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteezemcqueen is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteezemcqueen is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteezemcqueen is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteezemcqueen is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteezemcqueen is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteezemcqueen is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteezemcqueen is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteezemcqueen is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dylan
steezemcqueen's Tacoma Gallery
35's would be way more badass on the Tundy but i think 33's look fine too

3/1 with 33's. I wanna say the exact size is 305/55/20 but don't quote me on that.
Old 04-11-2013, 11:28 AM   #36656

Hoyal's Tacoma Gallery
Too small!! 35's or bigger, I thought my tires looked small on my runner with 4 inches of lift though.
Old 04-11-2013, 11:40 AM   #36657
MPG? LOL

sean266's Tacoma Gallery
Ya...I think ill stick with 35"
Old 04-11-2013, 11:43 AM   #36658
Tundra FTMFW
csuviper is one of the sharper tools in the shedcsuviper is one of the sharper tools in the shedcsuviper is one of the sharper tools in the shedcsuviper is one of the sharper tools in the shedcsuviper is one of the sharper tools in the shedcsuviper is one of the sharper tools in the shedcsuviper is one of the sharper tools in the shedcsuviper is one of the sharper tools in the shedcsuviper is one of the sharper tools in the shedcsuviper is one of the sharper tools in the shedcsuviper is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
csuviper's Tacoma Gallery
34's look small on my Tacoma
Old 04-11-2013, 11:47 AM   #36659

Hoyal's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by csuviper View Post
34's look small on my Tacoma
Yeah and you are 2 inches taller than my runner was. A tundra needs 35's for sure.
Old 04-11-2013, 12:16 PM   #36660
Dr. Frankenstien, in surgery
Blackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Monte
Blackdawg's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by zadeer View Post
My girlfriend is in the process of picking up an '03 wagon. I personally love the 02-03 body style, but can't go wrong with a WRX wagon in general. Here's a good base check: http://flatironsrally.typepad.com/fl...ons_tunin.html

Some things to note: the EJ205 (2 liter engine in WRX's until '06) is a great engine, but tends to be ran a little harder than the EJ255 (2.5L in '06+) because it doesn't have much low end grunt. People tend to wind them up more often to get the torque they are looking for at higher rev's.

At 161kmi on the clock it will probably need struts in the near future if they haven't been replaced. You should check to see if this is a 2nd timing belt or just the first timing belt replacement. 150kmi before a timing belt replacement is kind of a long time in my opinion. The transmission on WRX's is a weak spot, but don't let the hard engagement in to first scare you, or the grind into reverse if it has that. Everyone says "all Subaru's have that", doesn't make it right, but by '04-'05 body styles I think they beefed up the transmission some.

A quick look at the down-pipe/up-pipe and engine bay can show you some dead give aways if the car has been modded and then brought back to stock. If the down/up pipes have heat shielding, it's a good bet that they are not modded. Seemingly useless empty bolt holes is a sign it may have been tinkered with. A lot of hoses in the engine bay might be replaced if it was modded, though at 161kmi they might have just been replaced because of age.

Overall if the car passes the regular pre-purchase inspection a normal car would, those are a few things specific to a WRX that we've found in our search for a WRX wagon. They are REALLY fun to drive, and that is part of their downfall as they tend to get beat on by people. If the seller can show a decent history of work completed, the car passes an inspection, and you believe the previous owner(s) took care of their WRX then I think it's definitely a great option for a daily driver.

Edit: Here's the one we're purchasing:

We've been looking for about 6 months, scouring craigslist and the local dealerships. WRX wagons of all years are a hot commodity in CO. This particular wagon has a new .010" over 2.5 hybrid swap (2.5 STI short block w/ 2.0 heads), but other than that is completely stock minus the black tint. Good ones are out there, but it takes a pretty good amount of searching to find one that hasn't been beat on for under 10k, good luck!
Quote:
Originally Posted by zadeer View Post
P.S., selling cars in this market sucks. If you can come up with full cash or equivalent (bank check, money order, etc) don't feel bad trying to knock some cash off the deal. In the first 3 text messages to the guy we're buying the WRX off of he already knocked the price down $500, and that was after he lowered his price on his craigslist posting. It's really horrible as a seller trying to get rid of cars these days, the amount of people coming at you with random 5-for-1 trades is ridiculous. Cash or equivalent really talks lately, so offer a grand less, worst they say is no. Works even better if you have straight cash in hand, it is VERY hard to say no at that point.
Thanks a lot man!

My biggest problem is I can't go look at them as I'm in northern wy looking in CO for one as there are so many but also cause I have to come to Denver to drop off my current dd as we are giving it away and I'd like to pick up a wrx for the ride back and a new dd.

Thanks for the info though!

I'd honestly be okay with like an aftermarket exhaust on one. Light mods like that don't scare me too bad.

But finding one I like has been hard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILuvtheMountains View Post
I would like a SC but that will be a hard sell to the wife. Maybe one day...
My dads is fun

Products Discussed in this Thread