Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Colorado

Notices

Colorado B.S. Thread

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-23-2013, 11:04 PM   #45681
Legend of the UG
Kappes03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKappes03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKappes03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKappes03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKappes03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKappes03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKappes03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKappes03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKappes03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKappes03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKappes03 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army:
Name: Mike
Kappes03's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacktacoma23 View Post
Oh I was

Edit: I see no trees

Yea just some grass
Old 06-24-2013, 03:57 AM   #45682
I like beer, I brew beer!
PS78 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPS78 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPS78 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPS78 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPS78 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPS78 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPS78 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPS78 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPS78 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPS78 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPS78 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rancher
PS78's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by NativeTaco View Post
Yeah sorry if I led everyone down the wrong leg of the trail, I swear someone on the cb told me that was the way. I have so much striping that it doesn't phase me anymore.
No problem, it's was a fun day and I got to use my sliders on that leg of the trail!!! Ill buff my CO pin stripes out till the next run and do it all again, no biggie

Good to finally meet you yesterday
Old 06-24-2013, 05:40 AM   #45683
Your NativeTaco is in the building
NativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Travis
NativeTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by PS78 View Post
No problem, it's was a fun day and I got to use my sliders on that leg of the trail!!! Ill buff my CO pin stripes out till the next run and do it all again, no biggie

Good to finally meet you yesterday
You too Phil! Your truck looked great. As a matter of fact, everyone's trucks looked great. We were a pretty formidable group.
Old 06-24-2013, 07:19 AM   #45684
thefatkid is one of the sharper tools in the shedthefatkid is one of the sharper tools in the shedthefatkid is one of the sharper tools in the shedthefatkid is one of the sharper tools in the shedthefatkid is one of the sharper tools in the shedthefatkid is one of the sharper tools in the shedthefatkid is one of the sharper tools in the shedthefatkid is one of the sharper tools in the shedthefatkid is one of the sharper tools in the shedthefatkid is one of the sharper tools in the shedthefatkid is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Brian
thefatkid's Tacoma Gallery
This weekend was a fun trip. I hope everyone had fun, 13? trucks was a very large group and I think we did very well considering the lack of communication (CB) and not knowing the trail well or at all. I'm going to try to find an external antenna for my handheld so at least I could loan it out. Right now it only works as a spotting tool (that we didn't need) because you can't listen/trasmit from inside a vehicle very well (faraday cage).

So my winch quit this weekend. I can't belive on such a light pull it would just give up. It is a warn 9.5 xp. I did some electrical tests today and it seems all of my solenoids are passing voltage when energized. I was thinking they had high resistance because when it 1st quit the motor would groan. I'm going to work at getting the winch out of the ABR today, I hope I don't have to pull the bumper. Some research online has indicated these might have motor issues. I guess I could just hope for a stuck brush or some other easy fix.

And for my epic failure, I don't have any pictures. I need a camera that is not my phone. I'm not sure if I should just go for a point and shoot or go SLR. I should just get my 35mm back out and shoot some black and whites, build a dark room in my crawl space and go old school.
Old 06-24-2013, 07:36 AM   #45685
MPG? LOL
sean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
sean266's Tacoma Gallery
There's some additional pix in the the CO Trip report thread
Old 06-24-2013, 08:14 AM   #45686
McBuckets
RockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Noah
RockyMtnTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Anyone have an Oem third brake light cover they wanna sell?
Old 06-24-2013, 08:21 AM   #45687
PS78 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPS78 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPS78 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPS78 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPS78 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPS78 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPS78 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPS78 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPS78 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPS78 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPS78 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

PS78's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefatkid View Post
This weekend was a fun trip. I hope everyone had fun, 13? trucks was a very large group and I think we did very well considering the lack of communication (CB) and not knowing the trail well or at all. I'm going to try to find an external antenna for my handheld so at least I could loan it out. Right now it only works as a spotting tool (that we didn't need) because you can't listen/trasmit from inside a vehicle very well (faraday cage).

So my winch quit this weekend. I can't belive on such a light pull it would just give up. It is a warn 9.5 xp. I did some electrical tests today and it seems all of my solenoids are passing voltage when energized. I was thinking they had high resistance because when it 1st quit the motor would groan. I'm going to work at getting the winch out of the ABR today, I hope I don't have to pull the bumper. Some research online has indicated these might have motor issues. I guess I could just hope for a stuck brush or some other easy fix.

And for my epic failure, I don't have any pictures. I need a camera that is not my phone. I'm not sure if I should just go for a point and shoot or go SLR. I should just get my 35mm back out and shoot some black and whites, build a dark room in my crawl space and go old school.
that sucks man!!! at least you were able to get DH back on trail, I would get a small point and shoot. I took a canon powershot only on my honeymoon and got some great photos, with good DOF as well. the DSLR's are great but get pricey quick.

On a side note, once i get that front skid installed can i have you grease up the cam bolts and possibly do an alignment if needed with that addition of weight? I think thats what eric said needed done once i put that skid on, my short term memory sucks
Old 06-24-2013, 09:02 AM   #45688
Don't taze me bro!
Ostrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jer
Ostrichsak's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacktacoma23 View Post
Hoping Ost will post that water crossing vid
You mean the one in the photos below where my 'HTC EVO GoPro' is on the custom articulating mount out the window?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sean266 View Post
Video soon to be posted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sean266 View Post
We had tons of traffic on the way home and I think they stopped somewhere to eat too..
Yeah, traffic sucked a little bit. We met up with my buddy for some Twin Peaks though so that helped to ease the pain of the traffic.

Quote:
The creek was pretty cool, and coming back down a different spur was really tight trees!!! I could hear Matt screaming about his glass from inside my truck!!!

Just kidding buddy but that portion seemed way tighter than Yankee hill last year on the Kingston run!!!

Ill post pictures but I have some good Ol new CO pin stripes
The funny part is that we ended up in the front somehow and since we didn't come up the same trail you guys did I we weren't really sure which way to go back down. I called out on the CB & I thought someone (CoTacoTRD?) said to go straight so that's the way we went but the signal broke up a little but so maybe they didn't. Either way, that was a pretty fun segment. Not every day you get to drive DOWN a stream.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NativeTaco View Post
Yeah sorry if I led everyone down the wrong leg of the trail, I swear someone on the cb told me that was the way. I have so much striping that it doesn't phase me anymore.
Old 06-24-2013, 09:09 AM   #45689
Don't taze me bro!
Ostrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Here's that stream crossing/driving video. It's about 5min long and for those at work I think there's an F bomb dropped around the 3:20 mark (Travis! ) so mute the sound at that point. The rest is just game changing play-by-play from Team RamRod!

[Picasa link removed]

Edit: Having a hard time embedding at the forum software doesn't want to play nice with Picasa hosted video.

Here's the YouTube hosted video that should embed:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mxIEpYn9eOc
Old 06-24-2013, 09:16 AM   #45690
Don't taze me bro!

I'll just upload it to YouTube and embed. Standby.

Edit: YouTube successfully embedded above so here's a few pics I took too:

(these first three are three panos I did of the same area standing in place to give you an idea what the view was like at that point)

Old 06-24-2013, 09:31 AM   #45691
Oh gravity, thou art a heartless bitch!
AvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brandon
AvsFanTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seer View Post
If you turn on the fan without the AC, do you get warmer air coming out of the right side vents?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seer View Post
I just came across this: See if it happens in recirculating mode too. Then check your in-cab filter for rat shit. There's a possibility of an obstruction (nest) in your ducts. Another guy said recharging his system took care of a similar problem.
Turned the AC off and the same warm air was still flowing out.

Checked the in cab filter. No rat shit, but a lot of leaves and other junk in there. cleaned it out the best I could. We'll see if that helps at all.
Old 06-24-2013, 09:33 AM   #45692
Fire Pony
Ice Horse is one of the sharper tools in the shedIce Horse is one of the sharper tools in the shedIce Horse is one of the sharper tools in the shedIce Horse is one of the sharper tools in the shedIce Horse is one of the sharper tools in the shedIce Horse is one of the sharper tools in the shedIce Horse is one of the sharper tools in the shedIce Horse is one of the sharper tools in the shedIce Horse is one of the sharper tools in the shedIce Horse is one of the sharper tools in the shedIce Horse is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Lauren
Ice Horse's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ostrichsak View Post
Here's that stream crossing/driving video. It's about 5min long and for those at work I think there's an F bomb dropped around the 3:20 mark (Travis! ) so mute the sound at that point. The rest is just game changing play-by-play from Team RamRod!

https://picasaweb.google.com/1121288...86805521971938
*gasp* Travis...how could you?
Old 06-24-2013, 09:34 AM   #45693

PS78's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ostrichsak View Post
The funny part is that we ended up in the front somehow and since we didn't come up the same trail you guys did I we weren't really sure which way to go back down. I called out on the CB & I thought someone (CoTacoTRD?) said to go straight so that's the way we went but the signal broke up a little but so maybe they didn't. Either way, that was a pretty fun segment. Not every day you get to drive DOWN a stream.

HAH AHA H, yeah going down the stream was the way we came up, the really really tight trees just above where we stopped to let the 13 rising sun team pass was where the trail was different from the way up, its all good. i really need to get a CB, noah didnt like us to much, he never talked to us on channel 14 on the walkies
Old 06-24-2013, 09:47 AM   #45700
Don't taze me bro!

Quote:
^^^^ im stealing a bunch of your photos OST, oh yeah and great video work done by the arm mount out the window, very stable!!!!
Go for it man. I'm posting up a few more random ones below so hang tight and use whatever you want. You like the Articulating Self-Leveling Shock-absorbing HTC Evo LTE GoPro Mount™? I may patent that puppy.

Products Discussed in this Thread