Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Colorado

Notices

Colorado B.S. Thread

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-25-2014, 07:14 AM   #57741
vv I think it's growing
mreimann is one of the sharper tools in the shedmreimann is one of the sharper tools in the shedmreimann is one of the sharper tools in the shedmreimann is one of the sharper tools in the shedmreimann is one of the sharper tools in the shedmreimann is one of the sharper tools in the shedmreimann is one of the sharper tools in the shedmreimann is one of the sharper tools in the shedmreimann is one of the sharper tools in the shedmreimann is one of the sharper tools in the shedmreimann is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
mreimann's Tacoma Gallery
For those familiar with Moab, where are some good campsites that won't be too crowded?

I'm going mountain biking for spring break with some friends and a great base camp is high on the priority list. We'll have my trailer and maybe a stock jeep or something, so getting to the campsite needs to be somewhat straight forward. But recommendations on an isolated campsite with good access to mountain bike trails would be very much appreciated.

Dates would be from ~March 14 - 20th
Old 02-25-2014, 07:19 AM   #57742
‹^› ‹(ಠ_ಠ)› ‹^›
NYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: bOb
NYCO's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mreimann View Post
For those familiar with Moab, where are some good campsites that won't be too crowded?

I'm going mountain biking for spring break with some friends and a great base camp is high on the priority list. We'll have my trailer and maybe a stock jeep or something, so getting to the campsite needs to be somewhat straight forward. But recommendations on an isolated campsite with good access to mountain bike trails would be very much appreciated.

Dates would be from ~March 14 - 20th
sand flats rec area..you'll be right next to the slick rock trails

or head down kane creek rd, there's some great free camping..and you'll be next to amasa back

Old 02-25-2014, 08:20 AM   #57743
He who walk with a Cane
CoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gramps
CoTacoTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMuffinMan View Post
Oooooo, but I want it in a manual. But it sounds like a good place to start when/if I go down THAT road.

I suspect it'll come down to a choice between a diesel conversion and one of these; call me a geek but that'd be a hard decision.

Definitely go with the watermelon shooter. Looks like a solid investment. :-D
Old 02-25-2014, 02:55 PM   #57744
Because 4R
Wishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: James
Wishbone Runner's Tacoma Gallery
Ill second both of these recs having stayed at both many times. You are more likely to get solitude on Kane, but is a bit of a drive too and from town. Check out the sites allll the way at the end across/near the Kane Creek 4x trail.

And, go up Hurrah pass, just keep going on Kane, riding down it on a bike would be pretty damn fun too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCO View Post
sand flats rec area..you'll be right next to the slick rock trails

or head down kane creek rd, there's some great free camping..and you'll be next to amasa back

Old 02-25-2014, 06:15 PM   #57745
Your NativeTaco is in the building
NativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Travis
NativeTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Old 02-25-2014, 07:05 PM   #57746
vv I think it's growing
mreimann is one of the sharper tools in the shedmreimann is one of the sharper tools in the shedmreimann is one of the sharper tools in the shedmreimann is one of the sharper tools in the shedmreimann is one of the sharper tools in the shedmreimann is one of the sharper tools in the shedmreimann is one of the sharper tools in the shedmreimann is one of the sharper tools in the shedmreimann is one of the sharper tools in the shedmreimann is one of the sharper tools in the shedmreimann is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
mreimann's Tacoma Gallery
Those spots look pretty nice. When does the traffic start picking up down there? Late march?
Old 02-25-2014, 07:48 PM   #57748
"old Brett"
BDN is one of the sharper tools in the shedBDN is one of the sharper tools in the shedBDN is one of the sharper tools in the shedBDN is one of the sharper tools in the shedBDN is one of the sharper tools in the shedBDN is one of the sharper tools in the shedBDN is one of the sharper tools in the shedBDN is one of the sharper tools in the shedBDN is one of the sharper tools in the shedBDN is one of the sharper tools in the shedBDN is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brett
BDN's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice Horse View Post
Every time it snows I need gas. Every. Time. Arg.
lol, I was just thinking that every time it snows I have work to do on the thing. I have a new radiator in the garage, and a cracked one in the truck.
And the truck won't fit in the garage.
Old 02-25-2014, 08:03 PM   #57749
wuzzy121 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwuzzy121 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwuzzy121 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwuzzy121 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwuzzy121 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwuzzy121 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwuzzy121 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwuzzy121 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwuzzy121 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwuzzy121 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwuzzy121 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
wuzzy121's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by NativeTaco View Post
Travis, do you still want the steel spare rim I have?
Old 02-25-2014, 08:06 PM   #57750
MPG? LOL
sean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
sean266's Tacoma Gallery
I had to fuel today too
Old 02-25-2014, 08:21 PM   #57751
Fire Pony
Ice Horse is one of the sharper tools in the shedIce Horse is one of the sharper tools in the shedIce Horse is one of the sharper tools in the shedIce Horse is one of the sharper tools in the shedIce Horse is one of the sharper tools in the shedIce Horse is one of the sharper tools in the shedIce Horse is one of the sharper tools in the shedIce Horse is one of the sharper tools in the shedIce Horse is one of the sharper tools in the shedIce Horse is one of the sharper tools in the shedIce Horse is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Lauren
Ice Horse's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BDN View Post
lol, I was just thinking that every time it snows I have work to do on the thing. I have a new radiator in the garage, and a cracked one in the truck.
And the truck won't fit in the garage.
Haha my truck wouldn't fit into mine either. I had to cut out a large shelf to make it work.
Old 02-25-2014, 08:23 PM   #57752
Your NativeTaco is in the building
NativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Travis
NativeTaco's Tacoma Gallery
The limo definitely does not get even close to getting in my garage. When I put a tire carrier on the back it will get even worse.
Old 02-26-2014, 02:47 AM   #57753
Banana Nut
TheMuffinMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMuffinMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMuffinMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMuffinMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMuffinMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMuffinMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMuffinMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMuffinMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMuffinMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMuffinMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMuffinMan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TheMuffinMan's Tacoma Gallery
I got a garage when I moved into my apartment complex; what they didn't tell me was it was only 3/4 of a garage as it slants down to hug your windshield. Not that I could ever park a truck in there even if I didn't have my workbench, bike or toolbox. Ah well.

Old 02-26-2014, 06:19 AM   #57754
Whiskey bent and hell bound.
Hoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: I'm TWITTER FAMOUS.
Name: Devin
Hoyal's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMuffinMan View Post
I got a garage when I moved into my apartment complex; what they didn't tell me was it was only 3/4 of a garage as it slants down to hug your windshield. Not that I could ever park a truck in there even if I didn't have my workbench, bike or toolbox. Ah well.

Seems like you have a good set up in there. I can't park in mine either but my wife does. I'm working on erring my tools all set up from the move and all organized. I don't have much room in mine until it's more organized.

Old 02-26-2014, 07:16 AM   #57755
"old Brett"
BDN is one of the sharper tools in the shedBDN is one of the sharper tools in the shedBDN is one of the sharper tools in the shedBDN is one of the sharper tools in the shedBDN is one of the sharper tools in the shedBDN is one of the sharper tools in the shedBDN is one of the sharper tools in the shedBDN is one of the sharper tools in the shedBDN is one of the sharper tools in the shedBDN is one of the sharper tools in the shedBDN is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brett
BDN's Tacoma Gallery
That's just awesome that the 4-wheelers are bigger than the car!

My problem is two motorcycles, and this business that I pretend to run take up all the garage space.
If I could just get the nose in, I'd be happy. But I'm basically lazy, don't feel like moving stuff around, so waiting for warm weather...
Old 02-26-2014, 07:44 AM   #57756
He who walk with a Cane
CoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gramps
CoTacoTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoyal View Post
Seems like you have a good set up in there. I can't park in mine either but my wife does. I'm working on erring my tools all set up from the move and all organized. I don't have much room in mine until it's more organized.

That took me a minute and then I realized the quads are on the trailer. The proportions were off.
Old 02-26-2014, 08:29 AM   #57758
Hoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Hoyal's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah my 4wheelers are on the trailer. Gotta save some space.
Old 02-26-2014, 08:36 AM   #57760

Hoyal's Tacoma Gallery
Ridin dirty, and ghost riding the whip.

Products Discussed in this Thread