Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Colorado

Notices

Colorado B.S. Thread

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-13-2014, 06:59 AM   #63701
KCBBQ
ebbs15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedebbs15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedebbs15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedebbs15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedebbs15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedebbs15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedebbs15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedebbs15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedebbs15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedebbs15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedebbs15 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: E-5
Name: Brandon
ebbs15's Tacoma Gallery
Sounds like a great setup. I can't speak to the springs as I have a 1st Gen and the spring rates are different.

The OME Dakar's are a great leaf pack, one of the best I've seen. I've heard the OME Nitrocharger shocks limit the droop a bit (<1") so they can warrenty the system. but that was on 1Gens don't know about 2nd Gens

I have no experience with Icon stuff, looks good, haven't heard ANYTHING about them good or bad.
Old 06-13-2014, 07:03 AM   #63702
Shut up Hippie!
ffemt2987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedffemt2987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedffemt2987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedffemt2987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedffemt2987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedffemt2987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedffemt2987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedffemt2987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedffemt2987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedffemt2987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedffemt2987 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: space ship door gunner
Name: Austin
ffemt2987's Tacoma Gallery
I have Icons and don't think that I would buy them again due to maintenance and cost... although I paid $100 for mine. I also have stock UCAs with no issues.
Old 06-13-2014, 07:21 AM   #63703
KMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedKMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedKMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedKMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedKMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedKMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedKMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedKMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedKMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedKMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedKMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shed
KMitch's Tacoma Gallery
I have the 885 OME's upfront and a progressive AAL in back (will be switching to Dakars once these wear out). Very satisfied with the ride and performance. Without armor up front, I would suggest 885's. You can always switch out to the 886's later on. I've read about some people that put 886's on without armor (but with plans within a month to install) and they said it was rough.

Everything I've read on Icon's is that they are sweet. I almost went that way but for about half the cost, OME made more sense to me.
Old 06-13-2014, 09:03 AM   #63704
Dark Lord of the Sith
wrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Tech Insp: 404 ASB/4th CAB
Name: Ryan Mathis
wrmathis's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via ICQ to wrmathis Send a message via Yahoo to wrmathis
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebbs15 View Post
Sounds like a great setup. I can't speak to the springs as I have a 1st Gen and the spring rates are different.

The OME Dakar's are a great leaf pack, one of the best I've seen. I've heard the OME Nitrocharger shocks limit the droop a bit (<1") so they can warrenty the system. but that was on 1Gens don't know about 2nd Gens

I have no experience with Icon stuff, looks good, haven't heard ANYTHING about them good or bad.

Wut? Search better. Most people praise them and the cost of maintenance isn't that bad. Unless you are really hammering down on them, they will last awhile before needing maintenance
Old 06-13-2014, 09:05 AM   #63705
KCBBQ
ebbs15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedebbs15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedebbs15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedebbs15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedebbs15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedebbs15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedebbs15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedebbs15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedebbs15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedebbs15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedebbs15 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ebbs15's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrmathis View Post
Wut? Search better. Most people praise them and the cost of maintenance isn't that bad. Unless you are really hammering down on them, they will last awhile before needing maintenance
Search? I wasn't interested in them...so I wasn't searching for info on them... just giving feedback of what I've read. which hasn't been much. seen them in build threads but haven't read any impressions on them.
Old 06-13-2014, 10:09 AM   #63706
McBuckets
RockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Noah
RockyMtnTRD's Tacoma Gallery
I've never heard of anyone upset with a new set of Icons. I would go extended travel icons with TC UCAs if I had the choice between those two. I love my TC uppers. They have made no excessive squeaking noise or anything bad at all.
Old 06-13-2014, 11:03 AM   #63707
Dark Lord of the Sith
wrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Tech Insp: 404 ASB/4th CAB
Name: Ryan Mathis
wrmathis's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via ICQ to wrmathis Send a message via Yahoo to wrmathis
Quote:
Originally Posted by RockyMtnTRD View Post
I've never heard of anyone upset with a new set of Icons. I would go extended travel icons with TC UCAs if I had the choice between those two. I love my TC uppers. They have made no excessive squeaking noise or anything bad at all.

I like my icon uca. The uniball bolt is recessed and not chance of it hitting the inner fender. And mine are quite. Essentially they are all the same
Old 06-13-2014, 12:44 PM   #63708
KodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
KodiakToyTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by NativeTaco View Post
You sicko! That's my kind of vacation destination!
Lol I had to take a pic
Old 06-13-2014, 01:47 PM   #63709
ErocksTaco has a spectacular aura aboutErocksTaco has a spectacular aura about

Name: Eric
ErocksTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by lawless View Post
hey guys,
i have a job interview for a gig in Boulder. i hope i get it. can someone please tell me how much it will be to register my 2012 DC Sport? i've been doing some googling and can't get a straight enough answer. it does look like it's going to be expensive though. thanks.

You might try this website.
http://www.bouldercounty.org/records...mvfeecalc.aspx

It specifically says they cannot give fee estimates over the phone or by email, so calling a DMV probably won't work
Old 06-13-2014, 03:01 PM   #63710
Tundra FTMFW
csuviper is one of the sharper tools in the shedcsuviper is one of the sharper tools in the shedcsuviper is one of the sharper tools in the shedcsuviper is one of the sharper tools in the shedcsuviper is one of the sharper tools in the shedcsuviper is one of the sharper tools in the shedcsuviper is one of the sharper tools in the shedcsuviper is one of the sharper tools in the shedcsuviper is one of the sharper tools in the shedcsuviper is one of the sharper tools in the shedcsuviper is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
csuviper's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by el taco loco View Post
Thing is that everything is an add on. That is a basic standard jeep jk with a bed, no options. The hemi conversion is an additional $29,900.00.

http://www.aev-conversions.com/pdf/a..._guide_r14.pdf
Old 06-13-2014, 03:07 PM   #63711
Tundra FTMFW
csuviper is one of the sharper tools in the shedcsuviper is one of the sharper tools in the shedcsuviper is one of the sharper tools in the shedcsuviper is one of the sharper tools in the shedcsuviper is one of the sharper tools in the shedcsuviper is one of the sharper tools in the shedcsuviper is one of the sharper tools in the shedcsuviper is one of the sharper tools in the shedcsuviper is one of the sharper tools in the shedcsuviper is one of the sharper tools in the shedcsuviper is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
csuviper's Tacoma Gallery
This one isnt bad

Concept. Still a Jeep though.
Old 06-13-2014, 03:45 PM   #63713
KCBBQ

ebbs15's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by csuviper View Post
This one isnt bad

Concept. Still a Jeep though.
If they built that... I would STRONGLY consider buying one... hell I want the old one!

or this
Old 06-13-2014, 10:38 PM   #63715
Your NativeTaco is in the building
NativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Travis
NativeTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice Horse View Post
I got told my truck was cute today lol

That's funny! What kind of person said this?
Old 06-14-2014, 08:02 AM   #63716
The Rembrandt of Rattle Can
Madjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Madjik_Man's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice Horse View Post
I got told my truck was cute today lol
You sure they didn't say, "trunk?"

Old 06-14-2014, 10:41 AM   #63717
Madjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shed

So uhhh...

I have no idea how to approach this other than just asking.

I have a full OME lift that has been sitting in my dining room for a month now. Obviously it would serve me better on my truck.

I solicited Jace's services which would be awesome, no doubt. However it may be a while longer before he gets a day off to do it. Also, another personal downside is, I won't be able to learn/wrench on the suspension because he'll be doing it at Stevenson.

Jace would totally understand and support it if I had someone (or multiple people) come over and install the lift at my house.

I just feel greedy asking if anyone is up for it. Plus I figured it's camping/wheeling season so people rather be on the trail and in the woods than at my house.

I can offer up racks of smoked ribs, beer (and soft drinks for the non drinkers), bro hugs and a smattering of compliments. Does cash come into play? I could certainly do that too. I also have a 7 year old daughter so if you have children around the same age - they can keep themselves entertained.

Another thing to consider is I have a decent mechanic tool set with an assortment of other tools. But I do not know what all goes into doing a full suspension replacement at home. I do not have air tools or a grinder (although I could purchase one).

This is for a 1998 Extra Cab, btw.

So I dunno... anyone want to make a friend for life?
Old 06-14-2014, 10:46 AM   #63718
Whiskey bent and hell bound.
Hoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: I'm TWITTER FAMOUS.
Name: Devin
Hoyal's Tacoma Gallery
Are the springs and shocks already assembled? If so that makes things pretty easy. I unfortunately will be headed on a pretty long vaca starting tomorrow.
Old 06-14-2014, 11:47 AM   #63719

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoyal View Post
Are the springs and shocks already assembled? If so that makes things pretty easy. I unfortunately will be headed on a pretty long vaca starting tomorrow.
Yes, I had Cruiser Outfitters assemble them.

Enjoy the vacation.

Products Discussed in this Thread