1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Colorado B.S. Thread

Discussion in 'Colorado' started by Kappes03, Jan 1, 2011.

1. Nov 30, 2014 at 7:14 PM
    Blacktacoma23

Blacktacoma23 If your tires don't rub you can fit bigger tires

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    CO
    Vehicle:
    2011 Mall Crawler/84'
    6" BDS DB, 37", Dirt King, Total chaos UCA's w/ Heims, Fox c/o's, 4-banger fenders, 37" Nittos, 4.88 w/ rear ARB, AP Expos, 17x9 Method beadlocks, cab mount relocation, "Insain fab" tub, 5% tint, 10" Rockford Fosgates, Magnaflow 18" custom catback exhaust, AFE intake, Trail Gear bumper, Crown brake lines F/R
    Couple Yodas!

2. Nov 30, 2014 at 7:45 PM
    Hoyal

Hoyal Whiskey bent and hell bound.

Member:
    First Name:
    Devin
    N 39.2249 W -106.16974
    Vehicle:
    2013 Tundra
    Big tires, big lift, Lots of stuff's.
    Yoda... Y..o...d...a... Yoda, yo yo yo yo yoda....

3. Dec 1, 2014 at 9:40 AM
    Ostrichsak

Ostrichsak Don't taze me bro!

Member:
    First Name:
    Jer
    Northern Colorado, USA
    Vehicle:
    Supercharged '10 Tacoma 4x4 TRD
    TRD Supercharger + too much stuff to list. Click sig pic
    Best aluminum plate front bumper for a 2nd gen: GO!

4. Dec 1, 2014 at 9:41 AM
    odomandr

odomandr Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Andy
    Fort Collins, CO
    Vehicle:
    2010 DCSBTRDOR silver streak mica 2023 T4R Ltd blizzard pearl
    Icon, SPC,, ARB, BAMF, Warfab, SCS, Michelin, Leer Stock
    All pro apex

5. Dec 1, 2014 at 9:41 AM
    RockyMtnTRD

RockyMtnTRD Wanderlust.

Member:
    First Name:
    Noah
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    '11 TRD OR
    hack job
    Pelfreybilt without a doubt.

6. Dec 1, 2014 at 9:44 AM
    Ostrichsak

Member:
    First Name:
    Jer
    Northern Colorado, USA
    Vehicle:
    What are your reasons?

This is the way I'm leaning and have got one mostly spec'd out now and with the 15% off Black Friday deal it's a really solid deal. Just making sure it's the way I want to go for sure and then deciding on small things like Paint or Powder coat, Center hoop or no center hoop, can I afford a winch right now? Right now I'm leaning power coat for durability and cost savings (although I LOVE the way that Pyrite Mica looks with a painted front plate bumper) and no center hoop as I like the clean look. Probably hold off on a winch too as I really don't need one right now and it's just extra $$ and weight.

7. Dec 1, 2014 at 9:44 AM
    ArcherTaco

ArcherTaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Riley
    Greeley/Windsor, CO
    Vehicle:
    '13 DCLB TRD Sport
    Toy-Tec Kit, Tool box fit to bed, Dipped badges, cab lights, running boards, Flowmaster exhaust
    I do love mine...although mine isn't alluminum

8. Dec 1, 2014 at 9:47 AM
    ArcherTaco

Member:
    First Name:
    Riley
    Greeley/Windsor, CO
    Vehicle:
    '13 DCLB TRD Sport
    Toy-Tec Kit, Tool box fit to bed, Dipped badges, cab lights, running boards, Flowmaster exhaust
    Thats why :D

In all honesty it offers a great approach angle has stood up to anything I can throw at it and IMO is one of the cleanest looking bumpers mounted to the truck I have seen in person. I also got a great deal on it when I bought it :anonymous:

Flexing 2.jpg

9. Dec 1, 2014 at 10:01 AM
    PS78

PS78 I like beer, I brew beer!

Member:
    First Name:
    Rancher
    Vehicle:
    2011 DCSB TRD OR
    to many to list, check the build thread
    pelfreybilt because of customer service and its a very well built product!! and you cant beat the price right now!! it was already cheaper than the apex but with the 15% off you might as well go for it!!

i got all the options except the side hoops, just in case i wanted to add a light bar down the road i could :D

[​IMG]

9f8e0fa693360c08d0272e116413e1e9_0da6dea51604a14f1b21509fafafe13078e3eacc.jpg

10. Dec 1, 2014 at 10:12 AM
    Ostrichsak

Member:
    First Name:
    Jer
    Northern Colorado, USA
    Vehicle:
    What is said price? I'm looking at under $1,000 before options (which will be only a couple probably: fog light cut-out, LED light bar cut-out & the free Pelfreybuilt plug for it until I mortgage the house for an LED bar) so that's pretty tough to beat for a bumper that's less than 60lbs.

11. Dec 1, 2014 at 10:16 AM
    Ostrichsak

Member:
    First Name:
    Jer
    Northern Colorado, USA
    Vehicle:
    That's exactly what I'm looking at right there but can't decide on center hoop w/supports. I like the way it looks but I like the clean look too. It's a coin toss on that decision and the price/weight savings plus the amount of work I've put into my grill area tips it to no hoops to take away from the look I created.

Any issues w/yours? Would you order the same bumper if you had to do over again? Looks like you had yours sent raw and then coated it yourself? Looks like the fog cutouts will fit the factory lights... did you use those or something else? Did you lose your lower grill support or was that just the prototypes and the production models have a little support w/a hole in it fro the grill? Did you add a winch or no?

12. Dec 1, 2014 at 10:17 AM
    ArcherTaco

Member:
    First Name:
    Riley
    Greeley/Windsor, CO
    Vehicle:
    '13 DCLB TRD Sport
    It's Steel not Aluminum and only had the center hoop added and fog light cut outs. I believe after I finished with my vendor I paid right around $800 for the bumper but I also had my winch and both sets of lights on the bumper on the same bill so they cut me a deal

13. Dec 1, 2014 at 10:20 AM
    Ice Horse

Ice Horse Stalking horse

Member:
    First Name:
    Lauren
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    98 3.4L V6 TRD Ext. Cab 4x4 SR5
    ADS Racing Shocks 2.5" Extended Travel Coilovers with Reservoirs, 3 inch All Pro rear suspension kit, factory E-locker, Trail Gear sliders and front stinger bumper, CBI Offroad rear tube bumper, XRC8 Winch, 33 inch BFG KM2's, 16 inch Ivan Stewart Wheels, Uniden CB radio, flip up license plate, white tail lights, LED front signals, Tundra front brake upgrade, new radio, rock lights, sub woofer, remote start, satoshi grille with Prius emblem, Rigid DOT/SAE Fog Lights, 12" Light Bar
    You can pick up winches for cheap through 4wp right now.

14. Dec 1, 2014 at 10:21 AM
    SilverGhost

SilverGhost Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    RayRay
    Reunion, Co
    Vehicle:
    02,03 some 04, it's complicated
    #junkyardparts
  15. Dec 1, 2014 at 10:22 AM
    PS78

PS78 I like beer, I brew beer!

Member:
    First Name:
    Rancher
    Vehicle:
    2011 DCSB TRD OR
    to many to list, check the build thread
    fog cutouts wont fit factory fogs on the aluminum bumper, the steel bumper requires a coupling ghetto rig to make the factory fogs fit so i went with rigid duallys for my fog replacements :D

fb7c05923820ec09c84cd0aca11acafe_2e7ee5ba3a329514f956fd5fc9bca57c4022688a.jpg

I would order this exact setup again if needed, it weighs in at 55LBS which is huge weight savings, i had them ship bare and just used like 4 cans of rustoleum primer and 4 cans of flat black sanding between coats with 800 grit paper.

i have a winch sitting in my garage, im going to install that this week and then install bumper and then put on the custom splice synthetic winch rope

40c8c00ec774f1d15fffbdc3ff8d4d17_9851d0949e1476eb011e36b14f5ba6d96a066606.jpg

69efd744b58fef23be8b856157c42cb7_e7a00cef10fefdc739ec6e06a3e3ca1401bdfb7f.jpg

im not sure about the center grill support thing your speaking of

16. Dec 1, 2014 at 10:37 AM
    teamhypoxia

teamhypoxia MichelinMan

Member:
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    '12 DCSB TRD OR
    Hey Phil what are you doing for suspension up front?
    When I added my front bumper and winch, I had to go to 886 springs to compensate for the weight. Are you going to be able to leave it as is with the aluminum?
    885?
    Something else?

17. Dec 1, 2014 at 10:39 AM
    RockyMtnTRD

RockyMtnTRD Wanderlust.

Member:
    First Name:
    Noah
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    '11 TRD OR
    hack job
    A powdercoat may be the right way to go with you Ost, because it will be a lot more stress and worry free for you. You dont wheel much, so you wont bang up the powdercoat and this way you won't have to spray it every so often (something I don't see you wanting to do)

I would definitely do the center hoop. I think its mean.

18. Dec 1, 2014 at 10:42 AM
    Ice Horse

Ice Horse Stalking horse

Member:
    First Name:
    Lauren
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    98 3.4L V6 TRD Ext. Cab 4x4 SR5
    ADS Racing Shocks 2.5" Extended Travel Coilovers with Reservoirs, 3 inch All Pro rear suspension kit, factory E-locker, Trail Gear sliders and front stinger bumper, CBI Offroad rear tube bumper, XRC8 Winch, 33 inch BFG KM2's, 16 inch Ivan Stewart Wheels, Uniden CB radio, flip up license plate, white tail lights, LED front signals, Tundra front brake upgrade, new radio, rock lights, sub woofer, remote start, satoshi grille with Prius emblem, Rigid DOT/SAE Fog Lights, 12" Light Bar
    I powder coated my front bumper since it doesn't see a whole lot of action anyway. A lot easier and don't have to deal with touching up.

19. Dec 1, 2014 at 10:47 AM
    Ostrichsak

Member:
    First Name:
    Jer
    Northern Colorado, USA
    Vehicle:
    How good? Pelfreybuilt has free shipping on all winches through November plus 15% off for blackfriday which both technically expired last night but I already got confirmation that they're going to honor the 15% off for me since I have to have my body shop order it... just not sure if they'll honor the free shipping part and stack them. But if so, that's a pretty damn good deal and why I was even considering a winch I otherwise wouldn't buy. I was looking at the Smittbuilt X20-10K 2nd gen which is waterproof with wireless remote for about $700 shipped if they honor both free shipping & 15% off. I don't know a lot about winches but this one seems like it would suffice for my need an has a synthetic line which I know I want.

Thoughts?

Not what I wanted to hear on the fogs but I need a new passenger one anyway so maybe I will just take the opportunity to buy the same LED ones. I've got 3,000k HIDs in them now and LOVE the amber look so I'd have to buy probably the same ones you got. I think I saw they plug into the OEM harnesses? I'd like to reuse the wiring there and control them the same way my stock ones are now since I did the anytime fogs mod in my sig. :cool:

Also, powder coating is less than $200 after the discount so I might just go that route. Then again, Ozzie's painted my grill surround on my Satoshi and was able to match it perfectly so I'm tempted to have them paint the front bumper too as I'm a sucker for a pyrite mica truck with a color matched plate front bumper:

[​IMG]

Oh, and the center grill support I think is the little bracket where the lower plug in the center of your grill sits. I think you lose them when you pull the factory bumper. Any of that ring a bell since you installed your own?

20. Dec 1, 2014 at 10:50 AM
    Ostrichsak

Member:
    First Name:
    Jer
    Northern Colorado, USA
    Vehicle:
    This question also interests me as I think I may be ordering springs to go with my 5100's to get a full 3" of lift and Dakar rear leaf's too while I'm at it. I think the weight difference in a aluminum and steal front bumper is over 100lbs & I think that an aluminum plate isn't much different than the factory bumper/cover/brackets. The winch isn't light though so I'd like to know how all the #'s break down so I can figure out which springs to order too.

Products Discussed in

To Top