Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Colorado

Notices

Colorado Dog-friendly top hikes

Old 03-15-2011, 12:06 PM   #1
‹^› ‹(ಠ_ಠ)› ‹^›
NYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: bOb
NYCO's Tacoma Gallery
Colorado Dog-friendly top hikes

i thought i'd pick some of your brains as to where some of the top dog-friendly hikes in Colorado might be...

there are tons of hikes that i want to do in rocky mountain national park, but they don't allow dogs on the trails so i never end up doing any of them...

so i'm looking for some great hiking suggestions that people have taken there dogs on in Colorado that end with a great waterfall, lake, or glacier...most all 13ers and 14ers are dog friendly, but i'm looking more of getting a list together of non-summit hikes

St. Mary's Glacier is always good, except for it's over popularity now

i hear there are many lakes in the Guanella pass region, and i'm sure there's gotta be some great hikes in the Indian peaks wilderness...maybe in the Never Summer range?
Old 03-16-2011, 04:33 PM   #2
Legend of the UG
Kappes03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKappes03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKappes03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKappes03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKappes03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKappes03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKappes03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKappes03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKappes03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKappes03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKappes03 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 307th Expeditionary Sig BN
Name: Mike
Kappes03's Tacoma Gallery
My roomate knows which trails there are. I'll ask him and let you know
Old 03-16-2011, 04:49 PM   #4
Legend of the UG
Kappes03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKappes03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKappes03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKappes03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKappes03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKappes03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKappes03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKappes03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKappes03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKappes03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKappes03 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I'm def doing some 14ers this summer. Tons of fun
Old 03-16-2011, 05:06 PM   #5
‹^› ‹(ಠ_ಠ)› ‹^›
NYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

NYCO's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Knight View Post
All you need is a summit county/ eagle county national geographic map. There are endless options.

Or, check here. http://www.summitcountyexplorer.com/...kingtrails.htm
awesome...site bookmarked for later..thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kappes03 View Post
I'm def doing some 14ers this summer. Tons of fun
same here...so far i did:

1. Torreys
2. Grays
3. Democrat
4. Cameron
5. Lincoln
6. Bross
7. Quandary
8. Sherman
9. Elbert
10. Belford
11. Oxford
12. Huron
13. La Plata
14. Antero

other notibles:
Mt Zirkel in the Park Range (Steamboat area) 12,180ft...highest in the range
Old 03-16-2011, 05:33 PM   #6
Legend of the UG

We'll have to hit some up Bob
Old 03-16-2011, 05:41 PM   #7
‹^› ‹(ಠ_ಠ)› ‹^›

NYCO's Tacoma Gallery
i'm always down...usually always in the mountains saturday and/or sunday after tax season finishes up
Old 03-16-2011, 05:51 PM   #8
Legend of the UG

That's the only issue I have, I work weekends.
Old 03-17-2011, 06:47 AM   #9
‹^› ‹(ಠ_ಠ)› ‹^›

NYCO's Tacoma Gallery
summer time i have a flexible schedule, will need at least a week heads up and i could take off a day or two here and there...we can make it work...only live once so might as well try to see everything
Old 03-17-2011, 10:00 AM   #10
Legend of the UG

True