Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Colorado

Notices

question about a ticket in colorado

Old 08-04-2011, 05:38 PM   #1
NetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

NetMonkey's Tacoma Gallery
question about a ticket in colorado

grrr..... i got a ticket tonight for "disobeying a stop sign."

the full fine is $180 and 4 points on your driving record.
but the cop said (and its indicated on the ticket), that there is an early payment discount for a fine of $160 and 2 points on your driving record.

he also said that paying early would reduce the violation to a lesser charge that would be a non-moving violation. (better for insurance rates).

so my question is... can you go to traffic school to have the ticket waived? and if you can, is it worth the risk to try to go into court to ask for it? from what i could gather, you may or may not be approved for traffic school and, if you are not, then you get the full fine.

anyone gone through this before?

thanks,
Old 08-07-2011, 02:01 AM   #2
MountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Bryan
MountainEarth's Tacoma Gallery
Here's some info for you...

http://www.speedingticketcentral.com...ng-ticket.html

http://www.drive-safely.net/colorado...g-schools.html

A lot might depend on what city/county you got the ticket in. Colorado sure makes it easy to prepay. But they don't make it easy to get traffic school (less revenue in the state's pocket). You might want to contact the court clerk in the county where you got the ticket and ask them about it. Two points isn't bad and shouldn't affect your insurance .. but you might be able to get a reduction to a zero point "fixit" ticket and traffic school. You could still end up paying as much in court fees and traffic school costs though.
Old 08-16-2011, 03:30 AM   #3
06rubi is one of the sharper tools in the shed06rubi is one of the sharper tools in the shed06rubi is one of the sharper tools in the shed06rubi is one of the sharper tools in the shed06rubi is one of the sharper tools in the shed06rubi is one of the sharper tools in the shed06rubi is one of the sharper tools in the shed06rubi is one of the sharper tools in the shed06rubi is one of the sharper tools in the shed06rubi is one of the sharper tools in the shed06rubi is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kenney
06rubi's Tacoma Gallery
I got a speeding ticket and just payed it early for the reduction from 4 to 2 points also. Ran my dmv report 8 months later and nothing even showed up on it! Dunno if i got lucky or the non moving volition doesn't show up on the report.
Old 10-24-2011, 08:30 PM   #4
Write your love, Then your anger.
ToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jon
ToyComa92's Tacoma Gallery
Take it to court, Believe me they will give you an even better deal right off the bat. I went from a 6 point over 20 speeding ticket at 250 dollars to a defective headlamp 0 points for 90 bucks. All because i went to that first court date.