Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Colorado

Notices

Colorado Towing thread

Old 03-04-2012, 10:15 AM   #1
trailbuilt is on a distinguished road
trailbuilt's Tacoma Gallery
Colorado Towing thread

I have read thought the towing thread and those flatlander's are crazy. As you all know we do not live on the same planet as them and there is no way I can tow 5000lbs with my 11 taco... What are some of you towing in the mountains? My general rule of thumb is cut the towing rating in half and thats what you can tow in the mountain on a regular basis. My last truck was rated at 10k and I struggled towing 6k in the mountains. I am thinking in Colorado the taco should tow 3k max without killing it. thoughts? post up some pics of what your towing.

I am in the market for a camper.
Old 03-13-2012, 01:30 AM   #2
MountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Bryan
MountainEarth's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by trailbuilt View Post
I have read thought the towing thread and those flatlander's are crazy. As you all know we do not live on the same planet as them and there is no way I can tow 5000lbs with my 11 taco... What are some of you towing in the mountains? My general rule of thumb is cut the towing rating in half and thats what you can tow in the mountain on a regular basis. My last truck was rated at 10k and I struggled towing 6k in the mountains. I am thinking in Colorado the taco should tow 3k max without killing it. thoughts? post up some pics of what your towing.

I am in the market for a camper.
What's your truck?

Not that I could ever afford it .. but I sure would like one of these: http://www.adventuretrailers.com/teardrop.html. But for now, my "trailer" is a shell and a Bedrug in the back.
Old 03-22-2012, 06:58 AM   #3
trailbuilt is on a distinguished road
trailbuilt's Tacoma Gallery
2011 DC 4wd.