1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Ft. Collins/Loveland Colorado info please!

Discussion in 'Colorado' started by sammy87, Jul 12, 2012.

1. Jul 12, 2012 at 4:49 AM
    sammy87

sammy87 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    co
    Vehicle:
    10 TRD SPORT 4X4
    Hey, I was just offered a job that's going to be located in Greeley, but my wife and I would probaly live in the Loveland area. Didn't hear too many good things about Greeley. Anyway just looking for some info on the area, what to expect as far as weather. We drove through the area really quickly the other day but we didnt have too much time to explore. Seemed really nice and new! But I start in a few weeks and looking for info. Oh also Im a big mtn biker and skier, I imagine there's good places close by, but what would be the closest place to ski? Oh we have 2 dogs too if that makes any difference.

Thanks TW!

2. Jul 12, 2012 at 5:08 AM
    TenBeers

TenBeers Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rich
    Bentonville, AR
    Vehicle:
    2018 TRD Pro Cavalry Blue
    CBI bed rack and sliders, Backwoods Adventure Mods front and rear bumpers, etc. And some stickers.
    My parents live in Loveland, apparently with a lot of other old folks. I have never visited their place, though, just meet them in SW CO in the summer. I hear it's nice.

3. Jul 12, 2012 at 5:42 AM
    northernco

northernco Well-Known Member

Member:
    Northern Colorado is my favorite place I've ever lived. I know Ft Collins, Loveland and Greeley well. If it were me personally, I'd live in north Loveland or south Ft Collins and commute to Greeley. However, if you're gonna live in Greeley, just stay on the west side of town. The further west the better.

Fort Collins is just such a great city. Great schools and awesome lifestyle. After being there I'd commute and live in Foco (ft Collins) any day. That said Greeley isn't bad, just a question of the lifestyle you want. Also, foco is full of mtn bikers and super close to trails and foothills and mountains. Greeley is flat and 45+ min away from any mountains.

4. Jul 12, 2012 at 5:43 AM
    12Tac

12Tac Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    2020 Double Cab, Long-bed TRD Off Road.
    SnugTop, FN Wheels, Meso Custom, Tacos4Cheap
    Yup...my recommendation would be to commute to Greeley...live elsewhere.

5. Jul 12, 2012 at 1:17 PM
    sammy87

Member:
    co
    Vehicle:
    10 TRD SPORT 4X4
    Hey thanks for the info. It's just me my wife and dogs moving with me. We want to bel reasonable close to restraunts and shopping so Loveland will probaly be the best bet for us. I would like to be close to recreation but also we need to get to Denver easily as well. My job will have me traveling a lot. Housing looks more reasonable as well.

6. Jul 14, 2012 at 9:55 PM
    NativeTaco

NativeTaco Mountain Man

Member:
    First Name:
    Travis
    Fort Collins, CO
    Vehicle:
    '08 DCLB
    ARB, OME, BAMF, ATO, Rigid, more... Mountain Man Limousine
    Housing will be cheaper in Loveland, but you will spend much of your in town rec time in fort Collins. Either town is close to outdoor fun. Fort Collins is super bike and dog friendly. I wouldn't live in Greeley either, there are nice parts but you are just farther away from the mountains. What kind of work will you be doing?
    Oh and I think Loveland ski area is closest (don't be confused though, it's nowhere near the town of Loveland, it's near Loveland pass, which is about 1.5 hours away). Monarch near boulder may be closer, but not as good of resort. Loveland isn't huge, and you will hear locals bitch about it, but I love it. If you can deal with a little more wind the lift lines are never as long, tickets are cheaper, highest lift-served terrain in the western hemisphere. Cool place to ski or ride.

7. Jul 15, 2012 at 4:07 PM
    elk340

elk340 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Justin
    Fort Collins, CO
    Vehicle:
    '11 Tacoma TRD Off-Road
    Toytec ULK; OME Dakar leaf packs; Light Racing UCAs; OME carrier bearing drop; Toytec 3 degree axle shims; Toytec sway bar relocate kit; Toytec extended rear brake lines; ARE CX topper; BAMF rear differential skid; BAMF LCA skids; BAMF sliders; Budbuilt IFS, mid, transmission, and gas tank skids; HomerTaco mesh; River Rat 69 satoshi grille; Toyota Land Cruiser radiator grille emblem; tinted windows; Toyota all-weather floor mats; Toyota bedmat; I-Pod interface; block heater; ATO hi-lift bed rail mounts; HL-605 Hi-Lift; RotoPax 4-gallon gas can and bed rail mounts; mattgecko sliding window security bar; Sockmonkey decals.
    Live in FoCo and commute! I commute to Cheyenne everyday and do so with a smile knowing I can return to Fort Collins. Don't get me wrong, you're never far from beautiful scenery no matter where you live, but I think the people are cooler in Fort Collins, there is more to do, and the atmosphere is so much better.

8. Jul 15, 2012 at 4:13 PM
    Maysville06

Maysville06 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bruce
    Georgia
    Vehicle:
    Pre-runner SR5 Long bed
    K&N Cold Air Intake, Flowmaster Exhaust,20% window tint all around, Weather tec rear floor mats, Blacked out badges,Mudflaps removed,JDM black aftermarket headlights,black grille, running boards removed,Nightshaded tail lights,TRD Sport suspension,3in leveling kit in front,2in blocks in the rear,blacked out rims, Reese class III receiver hitch
    Uncle lives in fort collins its AWESOME!

9. Jul 15, 2012 at 4:15 PM
    elk340

elk340 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Justin
    Fort Collins, CO
    Vehicle:
    '11 Tacoma TRD Off-Road
    Toytec ULK; OME Dakar leaf packs; Light Racing UCAs; OME carrier bearing drop; Toytec 3 degree axle shims; Toytec sway bar relocate kit; Toytec extended rear brake lines; ARE CX topper; BAMF rear differential skid; BAMF LCA skids; BAMF sliders; Budbuilt IFS, mid, transmission, and gas tank skids; HomerTaco mesh; River Rat 69 satoshi grille; Toyota Land Cruiser radiator grille emblem; tinted windows; Toyota all-weather floor mats; Toyota bedmat; I-Pod interface; block heater; ATO hi-lift bed rail mounts; HL-605 Hi-Lift; RotoPax 4-gallon gas can and bed rail mounts; mattgecko sliding window security bar; Sockmonkey decals.
    Oh, and I think there are more microbreweries in Fort Collins and the surrounding area than I have fingers.

10. Jul 16, 2012 at 12:24 PM
    sammy87

Member:
    co
    Vehicle:
    10 TRD SPORT 4X4
    Thanks for the info TW! We found some good apartments to get us started in Loveland. FT Collins seemed great, when we buy in about 6 months we will look all over. My wife is a chiropractor and there are tons around that area so she is finding places to work as well. I will be a project manager for an oil/natural gas pipeline company. I will have to go to Denver once or twice a week as well. Anyway Im super pumped for this, ive always wanted to live in CO and its finally happening! I even found adult league ice hockey leagues. Couldn't do that in Atlanta either. Yeah the microbrews don't hurt either!

Products Discussed in

To Top