Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Colorado

Notices

Moving to Colorado in 8 months

Old 08-14-2012, 05:47 PM   #21
Techy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTechy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTechy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTechy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTechy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTechy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTechy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTechy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTechy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTechy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTechy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Techy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by northernco View Post
Fort Collins. Period, the end. PM me
For info. The best place I've ever lived. Ever. And all of Colorado is awesome.
lol. I would say the same, but about where I am.

Granted I don't like big cities though or I may like fort collins
Old 08-14-2012, 05:51 PM   #22
Deathproofduck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeathproofduck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeathproofduck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeathproofduck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeathproofduck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeathproofduck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeathproofduck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeathproofduck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeathproofduck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeathproofduck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeathproofduck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
Deathproofduck's Tacoma Gallery
Telluride is one of my favorite places on Earth. Ridgway, just down the Mountain is a great place to live. South, Western Corner of the State. Ridgway is 20 miles from Ouray, some of the best 4x4 trails / roads on the planet. If you happen on Ridgway, Co...look up Billings Artworks. (everyone in town knows where it is). It is my Dad's shop and they make the John Wooden Awards (NCAA) and the Grammy Awards.... they love giving tours ;-)
Old 08-14-2012, 06:28 PM   #23
Techy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTechy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTechy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTechy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTechy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTechy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTechy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTechy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTechy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTechy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTechy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Techy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathproofduck View Post
Telluride is one of my favorite places on Earth. Ridgway, just down the Mountain is a great place to live. South, Western Corner of the State. Ridgway is 20 miles from Ouray, some of the best 4x4 trails / roads on the planet. If you happen on Ridgway, Co...look up Billings Artworks. (everyone in town knows where it is). It is my Dad's shop and they make the John Wooden Awards (NCAA) and the Grammy Awards.... they love giving tours ;-)
and the closest affordable place to all these towns is...

Where I live

You'll find most of the beautiful mountain towns are awesome places to visit, but not live. the main factor being cost.
Old 08-14-2012, 06:31 PM   #24

Techy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
.look up Billings Artworks. (everyone in town knows where it is). It is my Dad's shop and they make the John Wooden Awards (NCAA) and the Grammy Awards.... they love giving tours ;-)
Cool I have heard of this place and knew there were lots of big awards made there. Your Dad's place eh? small world
Old 08-15-2012, 01:01 PM   #25
09blacktaco is a name known to all09blacktaco is a name known to all09blacktaco is a name known to all09blacktaco is a name known to all09blacktaco is a name known to all09blacktaco is a name known to all
Coast Guard: BM
Name: Matt
09blacktaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoTacoTRD View Post
Having lived here my whole life I don't know highway numbers. But you are coming in at the right time and most of CO is scenic. So you should be good. What concert are you going to see?
311/ Slightly Stoopid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Techy View Post
if time permits from Gunnison I would go to montrose, then durango (the stretch between montrose and durango via 550 is arguably the most scenic in the country) then from durango to springs. I know this is a big loop, but it is worth seeing, especially if you are looking for your future home area.
I hear ya, I really wanted to hit up Durango, but we just wont have enough time. That's one of those places we are most definitely going to check out once we get moved out there. Planning on renting for a year or so until we find somewhere with land to build a house.

Quote:
Originally Posted by northernco View Post
Fort Collins. Period, the end. PM me
For info. The best place I've ever lived. Ever. And all of Colorado is awesome.

Quote:

Quote:
and the closest affordable place to all these towns is...

Where I live

You'll find most of the beautiful mountain towns are awesome places to visit, but not live. the main factor being cost.
Montrose does look appealing, I just don't think we will have enough time to get out there this trip.
Old 08-15-2012, 07:16 PM   #26

Techy's Tacoma Gallery
I will be waiting to hear I was right, when you finally get around to making it over to the west side.

All kidding aside you may be very happy over on the front range. There are some nice areas over there.
Old 08-17-2012, 01:49 PM   #27
09blacktaco is a name known to all09blacktaco is a name known to all09blacktaco is a name known to all09blacktaco is a name known to all09blacktaco is a name known to all09blacktaco is a name known to all
Flying out tomorrow morining, should be in Denver at 11am.

pictures to follow...
Old 08-18-2012, 08:55 AM   #28

Techy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 09blacktaco View Post
Flying out tomorrow morining, should be in Denver at 11am.

pictures to follow...

Have fun
Old 08-27-2012, 07:00 AM   #29
Man what a great trip!

Drove 1300 miles all over the state. Here are just a few of the places we stopped.

Slightly Stoopid rocked the house at Red Rocks:

Walked around Golden with friends:

Hiked up the El Dorado Canyon trail:

Drove through Rocky Mountain National Forest:

Did some downhill biking in Vail:

Sushi crawl with friends in Vail:

Hiked to the Doc Holliday Memorial/Potters Field in Glenwood Springs:

Headed south from Glenwood Springs, the reservoirs were really dry:

Gunnison National Forest was awesome!:

Crested Butte was a cool town:
Old 08-28-2012, 08:33 AM   #30

Techy's Tacoma Gallery
Like the pics
Old 08-30-2012, 02:17 PM   #31
Quote:
Like the pics
Thanks, we really got to see a bunch of the state while we were out there. Definitely know we don't want to live anywhere near the front range. We experienced some 5 o'clock traffic on 70 and 285. I wouldn't want to be in that everyday!

Vail is our number 1 choice, now I just gotta make it happen!
Old 08-30-2012, 02:30 PM   #32
Kenobe is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenobe is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenobe is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenobe is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenobe is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenobe is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenobe is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenobe is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenobe is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenobe is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenobe is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force: MSgt
Kenobe's Tacoma Gallery
Nice pics! Glad you enjoyed the trip. I plan on living the rest of my life in this state
Old 10-23-2012, 11:21 AM   #33
‹^› ‹(ಠ_ಠ)› ‹^›
NYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: bOb
NYCO's Tacoma Gallery
quite the vacation you packed in there!
Old 10-23-2012, 12:32 PM   #34
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCO View Post
quite the vacation you packed in there!
Yea man, we drove something like 1300 miles

We always have such a great time out there.

I have something in the works now, hopefully i'll be living out there sooner rather than later.
Old 10-23-2012, 12:37 PM   #35
‹^› ‹(ಠ_ಠ)› ‹^›
NYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

NYCO's Tacoma Gallery
hell yea...well hit us up in the BS thread when you get out here or need some advice from locals..

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/sou...read-1276.html
Old 12-27-2012, 07:11 AM   #36
Flying into DEN January 10th for an interview with a company in Eagle!
Old 12-27-2012, 07:19 AM   #37
nilster is on a distinguished road
Name: Nils
nilster's Tacoma Gallery
I hope it works out. Eagle is a great place. fruita west of grand junction would also be a great place.
Old 01-14-2013, 07:24 AM   #38
Well I got the job in Eagle, CO! So pumped! Moving out February 2nd, and starting work on the 11th.

Going to contact the property manager today, not sure if anyone is from this area, but i'm looking to live in the Eagle Ranch or Avon area.
Old 01-14-2013, 07:33 AM   #39
‹^› ‹(ಠ_ಠ)› ‹^›

NYCO's Tacoma Gallery
congrats!

prices higher in avon, but you have more to do...cheaper as you move from the resorts but less to do obviously...

i got a buddy in edwards, seems to be a good in between for him. but he's also married and has a kid, so his activities are limited anyway. but he's been there probably 8-10 years now and he loves it up there.
Old 01-15-2013, 06:11 AM   #40
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCO View Post
congrats!

prices higher in avon, but you have more to do...cheaper as you move from the resorts but less to do obviously...

i got a buddy in edwards, seems to be a good in between for him. but he's also married and has a kid, so his activities are limited anyway. but he's been there probably 8-10 years now and he loves it up there.
I spent some time in Eagle during my interview, seemed like a cool place and its definitely cheaper than Vail or Avon .

Doesn't look like there's much for rent out there this time of the year, but i have some faith in the property manager lady. Shes seems like she know everyone in the area.

A little over two weeks and I'll be out there! Frig yea! Gotta get an epic pass stat!