1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Moving to Colorado Springs

Discussion in 'Colorado' started by Carper87, Nov 6, 2012.

1. Nov 6, 2012 at 4:39 AM
    Carper87

Carper87 [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tony
    Missouri
    Vehicle:
    2007 DCSB super white sport
    Hey everyone I'm going to be moving from south east Missouri to Colorado Springs at the end of the month. The wife got a promotion and we are heading that way. Neither one of us has ever been there she has lived in Missouri all her life and I grew up in Idaho. Just wondering from people in the area good places to look at to live places to stay away from? Also the best things to look at and do the first few weeks? Thanks for everyone's help. I am more than happy to be moving out of this state and going back north.

2. Nov 6, 2012 at 4:56 AM
    TeamLombardo

TeamLombardo WE'VE LANDED ON THE MOON!

Member:
    First Name:
    Tony
    El Paso
    Vehicle:
    '12 DCSB TRD Off-Road 4x4
    OME 886x, OME Trim Packer, OME Shocks, Dakars, Toytec Shims, LR UCAs, CB Drop, Demello Sliders, Pelfreybilt Plate Bumper, Warn VR8000-s, RI 20" LED, RI Duallys, TRD Exhaust, Weathertech Liners, SS Brake Lines Front/Back, BHLM, Anytime Fogs, CV Boot Mod, 20% Tint, Stubby Antenna, Salex Console Organizer, Derped Grill/Badges
    I lived in Denver, but went to Co Springs a couple times for work. What an awesome state all togehter. So much you can do in that area. LOTS of outdoors stuff to do. Denver is only about 1.5hr away too.

3. Nov 21, 2012 at 7:32 PM
    Aught2TaCO

Aught2TaCO Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Troy
    Wheat Ridge, CO
    Vehicle:
    '02 Taco TRD, aka Pearly
    Billie 5100's, new leafs, Falken WILDPEAK A/T 3W, 265/75/16E
    Little late chiming in, but look around Manitou Springs for housing. A friend lived there for a while and I always enjoyed going to visit. Craft shops and other unique stores/restaurants are on a strip of Old US 24 (Manitou Ave.) near the Cliff House at Pikes Peak. Plus it's closer to the mountains. CO Springs is a military town as well being on the western end of the bible belt (Focus on The Family), and like anywhere else housing can be spotty. If you can afford it, pick a good area for your habitat.
    As far as doing stuff... visit Garden of the Gods for beautiful rocks, drive up to Cripple Creek for history and gaming, and take the Cog Railway to the top of Pikes Peak for inspiration. That should get ya started, good luck and welcome to Colorado when you get here and set roots.

Products Discussed in

To Top