Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Colorado

Notices

Colorado Trip Reports

Old 11-26-2012, 08:00 PM   #22
The Rembrandt of Rattle Can
Madjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Madjik_Man's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by RussellG View Post
The crossing at msv got hard. The lower ones weren't thick enough to hold any of the rigs 2 weeks ago. The lake at the top was about that frozen I got 10feet out and fell through. The trail was kinda slick in spots from people spinning but nothin like it looked for you guys. I will have to post pics from it when I'm on a computer
I can't imagine what that wet hill climb to the crossing with the log (on the right as you're headed up from Camp Dick) must have been like frozen.
Old 11-26-2012, 08:36 PM   #23
The "Dick"
Tonto27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTonto27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTonto27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTonto27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTonto27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTonto27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTonto27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTonto27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTonto27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTonto27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTonto27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 5711- CBRN
Name: Joey
Tonto27's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madjik_Man View Post
I can't imagine what that wet hill climb to the crossing with the log (on the right as you're headed up from Camp Dick) must have been like frozen.
It was like a giant slip-n-slide! It was still really fun even given the consequences of that fun. I.E- blowing out a tire
Old 11-26-2012, 08:41 PM   #24
RussellG is on a distinguished road

Name: Russell
RussellG's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Honestly the trail wasnt bad. We went up with some built to stock rigs. the stock was a 01 taco with elocker and street tires. He bailed after some asshole in a jeep that wasnt part of our group cut him off and flew up the hill spinning tires and made a ton of ice. none of us noticed coming down. That jeep asshole did spin all over the trail and off trail driving all over. Its a black cherokee with "The beast" on the windshield in mailbox letters. open diffs and Pro comp MTtires. Red spray bomb on stuff under it...Anyways here are a few pics when we went.

Old 11-26-2012, 09:46 PM   #25
Your NativeTaco is in the building
NativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Travis
NativeTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by RussellG View Post
Honestly the trail wasnt bad. We went up with some built to stock rigs. the stock was a 01 taco with elocker and street tires. He bailed after some asshole in a jeep that wasnt part of our group cut him off and flew up the hill spinning tires and made a ton of ice. none of us noticed coming down. That jeep asshole did spin all over the trail and off trail driving all over. Its a black cherokee with "The beast" on the windshield in mailbox letters. open diffs and Pro comp MTtires. Red spray bomb on stuff under it...Anyways here are a few pics when we went.

Great pics man! I looked through my pictures of Kelley flats and there is nothing great in there. Another guy who went had a nice camera and was taking pictures, hopefully he got some better ones.
Old 11-26-2012, 10:15 PM   #26
Dank Tank
Blacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
Blacktacoma23's Tacoma Gallery
Dirty group of yodas

Russ those 37's/38's/40's?
Old 11-26-2012, 11:03 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacktacoma23 View Post
Dirty group of yodas

Russ those 37's/38's/40's?
Haha Jeramy had enough mud for all of us.

I'm on 37s its low now so everyone thinks they are bigger. Next tire may be 42's tho. I keep going back and forth. I like it low but 42's look so sick!
Old 11-26-2012, 11:06 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILuvtheMountains View Post
Great pics man! I looked through my pictures of Kelley flats and there is nothing great in there. Another guy who went had a nice camera and was taking pictures, hopefully he got some better ones.
Thanks my girl and the guy in the tan runner are photo nerds

Anyone goin out this weekend? The tan runner is bugging me to come out Saturday morning with him and he doesn't know where to go. Lefthand sucks msv has been done to death and even if it wasn't I bet the gates are closed.
Old 11-27-2012, 07:15 AM   #29
‹^› ‹(ಠ_ಠ)› ‹^›
NYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: bOb
NYCO's Tacoma Gallery
nice pics russell....some nice looking rigs there...looked like a great day for wheelin

i know jace has been itchin to get up and get some snow wheelin in too..but snow & colorado has not been seeing eye to eye in the forecasts...i'd be open to go up somewhere sunday, got plans for saturday already..
Old 11-27-2012, 08:57 AM   #30
Madjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Sweet pics.

Ol' Red does that trail no problem in spring/summer/fall... not so much in those conditions
Old 11-27-2012, 09:03 AM   #31
rob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Robert
rob1's Tacoma Gallery
I wish I lived in Colorado......been there 5 times for family vacations (summer)..check out my pics....wifey says its to cold to live there ....
Old 11-27-2012, 09:44 AM   #32
MPG? LOL
sean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
sean266's Tacoma Gallery
The cold is only seasonal
Old 11-27-2012, 03:32 PM   #33
NativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

And it's not THAT cold here.
Old 11-27-2012, 03:46 PM   #34
‹^› ‹(ಠ_ಠ)› ‹^›
NYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: bOb
NYCO's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
And it's not THAT cold here.
shhhh...
Old 11-27-2012, 03:50 PM   #35

Derp.
Old 11-27-2012, 06:16 PM   #36

Man I was just watching the video from my Kelley flats trip. I was driving like a little bitch. Patient and careful, but I could have taken some way harder lines over bigger obstacles. Next time I will push her a little harder.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uwmnv...e_gdata_player
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cGCWO...e_gdata_player
Old 11-27-2012, 06:40 PM   #37

I've always heard about Kelly Flats but never did it. Usually just went on to Red Feathers trails.

Is there any camping up on the 4WD trail?
Old 11-27-2012, 06:54 PM   #38

Quote:
I've always heard about Kelly Flats but never did it. Usually just went on to Red Feathers trails.

Is there any camping up on the 4WD trail?
There looked like a few spurs that may have spots, but I don't remember seeing any. Where do you go in red feather? I know I've been wheeling with someone up there when I was young, but can't remember where.
Old 11-27-2012, 07:24 PM   #39

Quote:
There looked like a few spurs that may have spots, but I don't remember seeing any. Where do you go in red feather? I know I've been wheeling with someone up there when I was young, but can't remember where.
Man, I don't even know the names of the trails we go on. There's a whole network of them back there and we go deep into the trails. My friend knows how to find this remote camping spot, large enough for three or four trucks and people... and it has a huge rock wall behind the campsite.

I'll try to find it on trail damage, if not I'll bring my Gazetteer to my friend's house and go over it with him.
Old 11-27-2012, 07:44 PM   #40

Even just rough directions to an area. I love red feather and might be buying property up there. Are most of the trails pretty mild?