Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Colorado

Notices

Colorado Trip Reports

Old 09-05-2013, 11:43 AM   #401
MichelinMan
teamhypoxia is one of the sharper tools in the shedteamhypoxia is one of the sharper tools in the shedteamhypoxia is one of the sharper tools in the shedteamhypoxia is one of the sharper tools in the shedteamhypoxia is one of the sharper tools in the shedteamhypoxia is one of the sharper tools in the shedteamhypoxia is one of the sharper tools in the shedteamhypoxia is one of the sharper tools in the shedteamhypoxia is one of the sharper tools in the shedteamhypoxia is one of the sharper tools in the shedteamhypoxia is one of the sharper tools in the shed

teamhypoxia's Tacoma Gallery
Picked up a Garmin Montana.

Figuring out how to use it.

Should be good to go
Old 09-05-2013, 12:26 PM   #402
stractman is one of the sharper tools in the shedstractman is one of the sharper tools in the shedstractman is one of the sharper tools in the shedstractman is one of the sharper tools in the shedstractman is one of the sharper tools in the shedstractman is one of the sharper tools in the shedstractman is one of the sharper tools in the shedstractman is one of the sharper tools in the shedstractman is one of the sharper tools in the shedstractman is one of the sharper tools in the shedstractman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: J
stractman's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoTaco View Post
I used to be a nervous wreck even with maps......then I got my garmin I carry extra batteries and don't think twice about taking forks that I don't know where they go. It keeps track of where you have been so its easy to back track.
what would you suggest purchasing? which one did you get?
thanks.

i have a garmin edge 200 for my bike but not sure if i could use that. would like to not spend more money (i know it's inevitable on this damn site!).
Old 09-05-2013, 04:18 PM   #403
ColoradoTaco is a jewel in the roughColoradoTaco is a jewel in the roughColoradoTaco is a jewel in the roughColoradoTaco is a jewel in the rough

Name: Ryan
ColoradoTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by stractman View Post
what would you suggest purchasing? which one did you get?
thanks.

i have a garmin edge 200 for my bike but not sure if i could use that. would like to not spend more money (i know it's inevitable on this damn site!).

Garmin GPS 62s 350.00

is what I have got the bundle package from REI came with 2 map packs

that was about a year ago.

Garmin Montana is Super nice but a little pricey.
Old 09-05-2013, 04:19 PM   #404
ColoradoTaco is a jewel in the roughColoradoTaco is a jewel in the roughColoradoTaco is a jewel in the roughColoradoTaco is a jewel in the rough

Name: Ryan
ColoradoTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by teamhypoxia View Post
Picked up a Garmin Montana.

Figuring out how to use it.

Should be good to go
I was just checking it out very nice that thing is awesome.
Old 09-05-2013, 08:36 PM   #405
MichelinMan
teamhypoxia is one of the sharper tools in the shedteamhypoxia is one of the sharper tools in the shedteamhypoxia is one of the sharper tools in the shedteamhypoxia is one of the sharper tools in the shedteamhypoxia is one of the sharper tools in the shedteamhypoxia is one of the sharper tools in the shedteamhypoxia is one of the sharper tools in the shedteamhypoxia is one of the sharper tools in the shedteamhypoxia is one of the sharper tools in the shedteamhypoxia is one of the sharper tools in the shedteamhypoxia is one of the sharper tools in the shed

teamhypoxia's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoTaco View Post
I was just checking it out very nice that thing is awesome.
Got it off craigslist for $300

I love me some craigslist
Old 09-23-2013, 10:44 AM   #406
Because 4R
Wishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: James
Wishbone Runner's Tacoma Gallery
Ran up to Bill Moore yesterday last minute to escape the house, first time up there, fun little trail. I was running solo, so I did not run Red Elephant or Mill Creek. I took the first spur which is a steep little chewed up section that was pretty difficult with all of the rain of recent and super eroded.

Mud section right before the lake was unexpected, but didn't really give me any trouble going up, I got hung up on my hitch coming up the ledge the first try, but gave er a little bump and went right up. Coming back down I found this mess:

The FJ never did make it through, they turned around after getting stuck a few times.

Parting shot and a sweet Taco with a broken drive shaft at the bottom of the trail.

Old 09-23-2013, 10:52 AM   #407
DOT has a brilliant futureDOT has a brilliant futureDOT has a brilliant futureDOT has a brilliant futureDOT has a brilliant futureDOT has a brilliant futureDOT has a brilliant futureDOT has a brilliant futureDOT has a brilliant futureDOT has a brilliant futureDOT has a brilliant future

Name: Jobin
DOT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wishbone Runner View Post
Ran up to Bill Moore yesterday last minute to escape the house, first time up there, fun little trail. I was running solo, so I did not run Red Elephant or Mill Creek. I took the first spur which is a steep little chewed up section that was pretty difficult with all of the rain of recent and super eroded.

Mud section right before the lake was unexpected, but didn't really give me any trouble going up, I got hung up on my hitch coming up the ledge the first try, but gave er a little bump and went right up. Coming back down I found this mess:

The FJ never did make it through, they turned around after getting stuck a few times.

Parting shot and a sweet Taco with a broken drive shaft at the bottom of the trail.

I see that green taco all the time he always wavies
Old 09-23-2013, 11:01 AM   #408
Because 4R
Wishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: James
Wishbone Runner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DOT View Post
I see that green taco all the time he always wavies
He was at the mud hole trying to spot the FJ through, and was pretty drunk and jumping in the mud, nice guy. He said that he was running Spring Creek the night before doing laps on the rocks and then his shaft just busted coming up the road to Bill.
Old 09-23-2013, 04:37 PM   #410
‹^› ‹(ಠ_ಠ)› ‹^›
NYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: bOb
NYCO's Tacoma Gallery
holy cross pics uploaded HERE
Old 09-23-2013, 04:38 PM   #411
DOT has a brilliant futureDOT has a brilliant futureDOT has a brilliant futureDOT has a brilliant futureDOT has a brilliant futureDOT has a brilliant futureDOT has a brilliant futureDOT has a brilliant futureDOT has a brilliant futureDOT has a brilliant futureDOT has a brilliant future

DOT's Tacoma Gallery
Dylan's runner looks good on that trail, Love the flex off the back end on the creek
Old 09-23-2013, 06:04 PM   #414
Whiskey bent and hell bound.
Hoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: I'm TWITTER FAMOUS.
Name: Devin
Hoyal's Tacoma Gallery
Looks like it was a fun trip. Wish I could have hiked up with ya Phil.
Old 09-23-2013, 06:33 PM   #415
SilverGhost is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverGhost is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverGhost is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverGhost is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverGhost is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverGhost is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverGhost is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverGhost is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverGhost is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverGhost is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverGhost is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 7th Esb 1st FSSG
Name: RayRay
SilverGhost's Tacoma Gallery
wow, nice pics. looks like a great trail.
Old 09-24-2013, 07:31 AM   #417
Whiskey bent and hell bound.
Hoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: I'm TWITTER FAMOUS.
Name: Devin
Hoyal's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by PS78 View Post
Why couldn't you have? Work?
Was busy... I can't wait for my house to be done. I hate being in the springs.
Old 09-24-2013, 08:56 AM   #418

DOT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice Horse View Post
I didn't know the guy with the Cruiser lived in CO. Thought he was somewhere else.

thats chris from cottora's old Cruiser the trail whale
Old 09-24-2013, 09:27 AM   #419
Fire Pony/Stalking Horse
Ice Horse is one of the sharper tools in the shedIce Horse is one of the sharper tools in the shedIce Horse is one of the sharper tools in the shedIce Horse is one of the sharper tools in the shedIce Horse is one of the sharper tools in the shedIce Horse is one of the sharper tools in the shedIce Horse is one of the sharper tools in the shedIce Horse is one of the sharper tools in the shedIce Horse is one of the sharper tools in the shedIce Horse is one of the sharper tools in the shedIce Horse is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Lauren
Ice Horse's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DOT View Post
thats chris from cottora's old Cruiser the trail whale
Yep I knew that part. But I was thinking he sold it to a guy out of state. lol

Btw, that mud looks quite nasty! Lol
Old 09-29-2013, 06:00 PM   #420
Dillard has a spectacular aura aboutDillard has a spectacular aura aboutDillard has a spectacular aura about
Name: Dillard
Dillard's Tacoma Gallery
Tried Argentine Pass today but there was too much snow to get to the top. We tried to bash it but were alone and only 1 switchback from the top so when the snow pushed back we were getting pretty close to the edge. The color change up there is really nice right now though.

Few pics...