Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Colorado

Notices

Colorado Trip Reports

Old 11-17-2013, 11:52 AM   #441
MichelinMan
teamhypoxia is one of the sharper tools in the shedteamhypoxia is one of the sharper tools in the shedteamhypoxia is one of the sharper tools in the shedteamhypoxia is one of the sharper tools in the shedteamhypoxia is one of the sharper tools in the shedteamhypoxia is one of the sharper tools in the shedteamhypoxia is one of the sharper tools in the shedteamhypoxia is one of the sharper tools in the shedteamhypoxia is one of the sharper tools in the shedteamhypoxia is one of the sharper tools in the shedteamhypoxia is one of the sharper tools in the shed

teamhypoxia's Tacoma Gallery
On further review, the ruling on the field has been changed.

Found some trail damage.

I explained to my wife that there's just no way I could be expected to "live with" this type of horrendous damage. Therefore I have come up with two possible solutions (women like choices). The first would be to sell the truck to the first person who offers me $40,000 for it. The second is to start saving immediately for a high clearance rear bumper.

She's still mulling over the choices.
Old 11-17-2013, 11:57 AM   #442
He who walk with a Cane
CoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gramps
CoTacoTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Eric you can cut that muffler just after the axle to get it out of the way but the only way to fix thw body is to cut it off. :-D
Old 11-17-2013, 02:25 PM   #443
Horsebit
Grieby54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrieby54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrieby54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrieby54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrieby54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrieby54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrieby54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrieby54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrieby54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrieby54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrieby54 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sam
Grieby54's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoTacoTRD View Post
Eric you can cut that muffler just after the axle to get it out of the way but the only way to fix thw body is to cut it off. :-D
Chop the muffler, Eric. I'm sure you noticed mine was chopped. That being said, if the wife lets you get a HC bumper, more power to you!
Old 11-17-2013, 02:49 PM   #444
MichelinMan
teamhypoxia is one of the sharper tools in the shedteamhypoxia is one of the sharper tools in the shedteamhypoxia is one of the sharper tools in the shedteamhypoxia is one of the sharper tools in the shedteamhypoxia is one of the sharper tools in the shedteamhypoxia is one of the sharper tools in the shedteamhypoxia is one of the sharper tools in the shedteamhypoxia is one of the sharper tools in the shedteamhypoxia is one of the sharper tools in the shedteamhypoxia is one of the sharper tools in the shedteamhypoxia is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoTacoTRD View Post
See now that's the kind of solid advice I come to TW for.

Now to find the scratch...

Thinking about maybe Pelfrybilt. I really like my front bumper and they're great to deal with
Old 11-17-2013, 04:37 PM   #445
Independant Thinker
Lumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Lumpskie's Tacoma Gallery
Nice Pics, Eric! I scratched my sliders up pretty good too. In fact, this is the first time I really used the hoop!

I didn't get a picture from under my truck, but I used almost a full can of spray paint on my skids. All in all, an awesome run. (and more difficult than I thought it would be!)
Old 11-18-2013, 01:01 PM   #446
Because 4R
Wishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: James
Wishbone Runner's Tacoma Gallery
OK, finally getting a break from work to do more important things! Great run, everyone made it through without too much difficulty, great times had by all, and got some great experience on harder trails/obstacles for those looking to expand their abilities and test their trucks limits. Met some cool new folks and hope to see them out on the trail again, didn't get many pics of those bhind me, as I was usually spotting.

Justin Eric and I met up in Morrison and hit the road, the road was in good shape until we got to Bailey, and then it was patchy ice and snow on 285 most of the way to Johnson Village. Met Steve from RM4x4 along the way, and then met up with Brett, Steve #2 and another guy from RM4x4 in the other 4th gen Runner, sorry forget you name. Brett was the last to join after a 3+ hour drive through the snow to get there.

Group shot airing down with Princeton in the background (minus Brett, he probably had the worst drive of everyone getting there.)

Old 11-18-2013, 01:03 PM   #447
...'cause I...am Shauncho
Shauncho is one of the sharper tools in the shedShauncho is one of the sharper tools in the shedShauncho is one of the sharper tools in the shedShauncho is one of the sharper tools in the shedShauncho is one of the sharper tools in the shedShauncho is one of the sharper tools in the shedShauncho is one of the sharper tools in the shedShauncho is one of the sharper tools in the shedShauncho is one of the sharper tools in the shedShauncho is one of the sharper tools in the shedShauncho is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Shaun
Shauncho's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by NativeTaco View Post
I think we could use our own trip reports thread so we can keep the Upcoming Events thread for planning. We can use this one for posting pics and videos and letting people know conditions.

Oh yeah, we might as well get this some positive recognition.
damnit, did it again...I can always recognize Denise Milani regardless of how small the thumbnail is.
Old 11-18-2013, 01:04 PM   #448
Because 4R
Wishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

The squeeze, which I was most worried about inflicting some damage, was very mild compared to when I went through there in early summer, the bit of moisture in the dirt and how the rocks were stacked there made it a really easy walk up for everyone, with no one really getting close to smacking the driver side rock.

Old 11-18-2013, 01:06 PM   #449
Because 4R

I manged to get myself high-sided on the sliders here, a little more clearance from 35's got this guy through.

Old 11-18-2013, 01:10 PM   #450
Because 4R

Up next was the Rock Pile. Steve made easy work of it, then Justin made it up and over. My attempt lead to getting high-sided, again, and started sliding into the crack on the driver side. Justin saved me by busting out the winch and rotating me back to safety.

Old 11-18-2013, 01:13 PM   #451
Because 4R

The "easier" line through the pile

Old 11-18-2013, 01:18 PM   #452
Because 4R

Up next, Whale's Tale. Steve went right for the hardest line without giving it a second thought, and almost made is on his second line up, driver rear was off "the line" by about 6", ended up having to winch up it. Justin made it up the middle, both the othe 4th gen guy and I tried (and failed) once again for the middle line, the 4th's fat butt is holding me back on a lot of obstacle this year, time for a tuck this winter to try and remedy that!

Old 11-18-2013, 01:21 PM   #453
Because 4R

Stairs and the Chute, everyone made it up the chute without a tug which was cool, and Eric got to break in his sliders . I did get him through unscathed, which I promised I would, so pat on the back for me.

Old 11-18-2013, 02:47 PM   #454
MichelinMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wishbone Runner View Post
Stairs and the Chute, everyone made it up the chute without a tug which was cool, and Eric got to break in his sliders . I did get him through unscathed, which I promised I would, so pat on the back for me.
Damn right a pat on the back for you. I was in so far over my head... Awesome to have you and others who know what you're doing to help me learn without the costly mistakes.
Old 11-18-2013, 03:08 PM   #455
Because 4R

Quote:
Originally Posted by teamhypoxia View Post
Damn right a pat on the back for you. I was in so far over my head... Awesome to have you and others who know what you're doing to help me learn without the costly mistakes.
Not a problem, glad you had a good time!
Old 11-23-2013, 05:57 AM   #456
Independant Thinker
Lumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Lumpskie's Tacoma Gallery
I didn't see you that you posted these pics over here. That was a fun trip. I just posted a few pics from Steve's photobucket on my build thread and i got a few of you guys on there. Check em out.
Old 11-28-2013, 08:06 AM   #458
Because 4R

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDtrucks View Post
my god awesome photos and one awesome looking trail! Thats my favorite kind of trail right there! I want to run that one bad!
Come down and do it! It is right near a ton of other high pass trails as well, there is a ton of trail in that area.
Old 11-29-2013, 05:27 PM   #459
RedlineTRD is a splendid one to beholdRedlineTRD is a splendid one to beholdRedlineTRD is a splendid one to beholdRedlineTRD is a splendid one to beholdRedlineTRD is a splendid one to beholdRedlineTRD is a splendid one to beholdRedlineTRD is a splendid one to beholdRedlineTRD is a splendid one to behold

Marines: Sgt
Name: Kyle
RedlineTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Black friday run at Slaughterhouse Gulch. 11/29/2013

Old 11-29-2013, 05:46 PM   #460
MichelinMan

Nice pictures from a fun day. Great weather too.

Kyle, you looked like you were having a little bit too much fun in 2wd on the way out.