Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Colorado

Notices

Colorado Trip Reports

Old 02-18-2013, 01:08 PM   #81
He who walk with a Cane
CoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gramps
CoTacoTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoyal View Post
I was just up that area. I hike and fish up there all summer. My best friend lives in a cabin right there off tolland road. I still don't think it's that bad. But it's all difference of opinion.
Well I will watch that shit show. We are talking coming all the way up and over and dropping down into Alice. Right before the summit on the north side there are some recently exposed large rocks. They could hurt a ru.
Old 02-18-2013, 01:08 PM   #82
I like beer, I brew beer!
PS78 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPS78 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPS78 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPS78 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPS78 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPS78 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPS78 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPS78 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPS78 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPS78 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPS78 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rancher
PS78's Tacoma Gallery
I want an invite to see this happen, he he he

I keep thinking about the video of the people that wheeled that subaru and then abandoned the vehicle on the trail. I forget what trail it was

Devin, its so easy to give you shit too buddy!!!! although now you have a challenge on your hands, making it up and over kingston coming from the rollinsville side cool?

Ill shoot photos

This is the rock im talking about and section that had me wishing i had sliders seeing nate go up and over and then slam down on his sliders!!!!

Old 02-18-2013, 01:10 PM   #83
rockgecko03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrockgecko03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrockgecko03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrockgecko03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrockgecko03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrockgecko03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrockgecko03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrockgecko03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrockgecko03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrockgecko03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrockgecko03 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ben
rockgecko03's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by PS78 View Post
Ill shoot photos
I'll bring popcorn!
Old 02-18-2013, 01:11 PM   #84
Whiskey bent and hell bound.
Hoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: I'm TWITTER FAMOUS.
Name: Devin
Hoyal's Tacoma Gallery
I'm talking about going up and over from the moffat tunnel side up and over. I have never been up the Yankee hill way to Kingston.
Old 02-18-2013, 01:15 PM   #85
He who walk with a Cane
CoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoyal View Post
I'm talking about going up and over from the moffat tunnel side up and over. I have never been up the Yankee hill way to Kingston.
We are on the same page. That pic that Phil put up will be in front of you before you reach the first summit on the north side. Who knows though the FS might bull doze that section again and make it a road next spring. They like to maintain this trail alot.
Old 02-18-2013, 01:24 PM   #86
grizzlygoalie is on a distinguished road
grizzlygoalie's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I want an invite to see this happen, he he he

I keep thinking about the video of the people that wheeled that subaru and then abandoned the vehicle on the trail. I forget what trail it was

Devin, its so easy to give you shit too buddy!!!! although now you have a challenge on your hands, making it up and over kingston coming from the rollinsville side cool?

Ill shoot photos

This is the rock im talking about and section that had me wishing i had sliders seeing nate go up and over and then slam down on his sliders!!!!

Dang that first one looks like all season tires, and gives me hopes from my sport on stocker tires.

I'll have to see if I can join up with a few of you guys this summer, I havent done much wheeling, and none in the taco, but need to get in the hills
Old 02-18-2013, 01:34 PM   #88
McBuckets
RockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Noah
RockyMtnTRD's Tacoma Gallery
I would love to come see this happen. You might be able to get most of the way up but there are a couple gnarly spots
Old 02-18-2013, 01:45 PM   #89
rockgecko03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrockgecko03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrockgecko03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrockgecko03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrockgecko03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrockgecko03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrockgecko03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrockgecko03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrockgecko03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrockgecko03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrockgecko03 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ben
rockgecko03's Tacoma Gallery
I just need to get out this summer, a lot.
Old 02-18-2013, 01:55 PM   #90
Whiskey bent and hell bound.
Hoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: I'm TWITTER FAMOUS.
Name: Devin
Hoyal's Tacoma Gallery
Jump it!! . Mike Brandon and I made it to that spot in te middle of winter. Brandon had no lift or anything lol. We could not see shit due to blowing snow. We had to back down in pretty deep snow.
Old 02-18-2013, 03:46 PM   #91
He who walk with a Cane

Quote:
Thats eric's buddy, First time wheeling the new tacoma right eric?

He did have it lifted with the free lift kit he won from toytec in moab though i think
Yeap his first trip. He has some much better AT's now and the lift was a 5100's from DSM (Moab win) and an AAL from toytec.
Old 02-23-2013, 04:17 PM   #92
The "Dick"
Tonto27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTonto27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTonto27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTonto27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTonto27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTonto27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTonto27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTonto27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTonto27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTonto27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTonto27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 5711- CBRN
Name: Joey
Tonto27's Tacoma Gallery
sevenmile sat 2/23

few icy spots but good to get out in the mountains and test out a few of the new goodies.

ever get that stuffed feeling....

a little trail-side surgery.....

oh look..........one extra large moose!
Old 02-23-2013, 05:20 PM   #93
He who walk with a Cane

Very cool! Wildlife too!
Old 02-23-2013, 06:09 PM   #94
Your NativeTaco is in the building
NativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Travis
NativeTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonto27 View Post
sevenmile sat 2/23

few icy spots but good to get out in the mountains and test out a few of the new goodies.

ever get that stuffed feeling....

a little trail-side surgery.....

oh look..........one extra large moose!
I wish I could have made it, looks like you had fun though! did you have company? Have to use the winch at all? What nights are you off this week so we can hang out a bit and get these skids painted?
Old 02-23-2013, 06:19 PM   #95
The "Dick"
Tonto27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTonto27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTonto27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTonto27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTonto27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTonto27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTonto27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTonto27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTonto27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTonto27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTonto27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Tonto27's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ILuvtheMountains View Post
I wish I could have made it, looks like you had fun though! did you have company? Have to use the winch at all? What nights are you off this week so we can hang out a bit and get these skids painted?
laura went with me but no other trucks. did see a jeep that turned around though. never got stuck but almost had to use the winch on an off camber ice patch as an anchor point for the front of the truck so it didn't slide. i will have tues wed completely free but i'm off work by about 4pm everyday
Old 02-23-2013, 06:24 PM   #96
NativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
laura went with me but no other trucks. did see a jeep that turned around though. never got stuck but almost had to use the winch on an off camber ice patch as an anchor point for the front of the truck so it didn't slide. i will have tues wed completely free but i'm off work by about 4pm everyday
That sounds fun, about like all the winter wheeling trips I have been on. Gotta be ready for ice!
Sounds great, cuz I leave work by about that time every day too. Where about is the shop? I might have to figure out some way to warm up the skids before we get started because I am keeping them in the garage and they are effing cold. I wouldn't even want to try to put paint on them like they are right now.
Old 02-23-2013, 07:01 PM   #97
The "Dick"

Tonto27's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ILuvtheMountains View Post
That sounds fun, about like all the winter wheeling trips I have been on. Gotta be ready for ice!
Sounds great, cuz I leave work by about that time every day too. Where about is the shop? I might have to figure out some way to warm up the skids before we get started because I am keeping them in the garage and they are effing cold. I wouldn't even want to try to put paint on them like they are right now.
when i painted my bumper it was about this cold too. the primer and paint just took a bit longer to completely dry is all.
Old 04-07-2013, 03:24 PM   #98

Sevenmile was a good time on saturday. The trail was mild but not boring. some snow, but moatly dry. Lots of cool trail spurs to go play on. Joey, do you have any pics to post up of the trip? I only have three pics of your truck but I will have them up soon.
Old 04-07-2013, 03:53 PM   #99
The "Dick"

Tonto27's Tacoma Gallery
yeah, i do. i had to finally break down and get a photobucket account because all of my pictures with my canon are too large of a file size for tw, so i'm fiddling with it and i'll post them up in a little bit. i've got a half dozen or so good ones of everybody
Old 04-07-2013, 04:03 PM   #100

Quote:
yeah, i do. i had to finally break down and get a photobucket account because all of my pictures with my canon are too large of a file size for tw, so i'm fiddling with it and i'll post them up in a little bit. i've got a half dozen or so good ones of everybody
Good man!