Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Colorado

Notices

Colorado Trip Reports

Old 04-07-2013, 05:20 PM   #101
We came, we saw, we kicked its ass!
Tonto27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTonto27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTonto27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTonto27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTonto27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTonto27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTonto27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTonto27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTonto27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTonto27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTonto27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 5711- CBRN
Name: Joey
Tonto27's Tacoma Gallery
testing testing 1 2 3 .....

edit- success!
Old 04-07-2013, 05:35 PM   #102
We came, we saw, we kicked its ass!
Tonto27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTonto27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTonto27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTonto27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTonto27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTonto27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTonto27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTonto27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTonto27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTonto27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTonto27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 5711- CBRN
Name: Joey
Tonto27's Tacoma Gallery

Old 04-07-2013, 05:36 PM   #103
radio1521 has a spectacular aura aboutradio1521 has a spectacular aura aboutradio1521 has a spectacular aura about

Marines:
Name: Steven
radio1521's Tacoma Gallery
thanks Travis for this thread

Here are some more Pictures of the Sevenmile course could resist to go out there again today

Old 04-08-2013, 06:57 PM   #104
radio1521 has a spectacular aura aboutradio1521 has a spectacular aura aboutradio1521 has a spectacular aura about

Marines:
Name: Steven
radio1521's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonto27 View Post

Nice pictures thanks for posting
Old 04-20-2013, 03:18 PM   #105
Your NativeTaco is in the building
NativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Travis
NativeTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Sorry Joey, I forgot to post these earlier.
Joey on some rocks on Sevenmile

Old 04-29-2013, 07:39 AM   #106
‹^› ‹(ಠ_ಠ)› ‹^›
NYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: bOb
NYCO's Tacoma Gallery
few of us got out yesterday to test out our new setups

went down to metberry gulch to stay away from the snow and explore some mild trails

airing down

trailhead

jim coming through the bypass

reward at the end

jace coming up the alternative rock slab route

jim 2-wheelin

eric up the alt. route with a cheering section

brian making his way

eric doing his best to lift a tire

another run optional obstacle (pics of of us going down are somewhere too)

eric flexing out his duratracs

stuff

tire eating

gramp's turn

steeeretching out

and the other side

jace trying out another line

gobble gobble says the tire

some video i got coming down the slab

jace
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xV0GR...gnVUSoOLnYK8rQ

eric
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9RYgR...gnVUSoOLnYK8rQ

and eric
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b38na...gnVUSoOLnYK8rQ
Old 04-29-2013, 07:45 AM   #107
rockgecko03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrockgecko03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrockgecko03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrockgecko03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrockgecko03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrockgecko03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrockgecko03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrockgecko03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrockgecko03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrockgecko03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrockgecko03 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ben
rockgecko03's Tacoma Gallery
Wish I would have known there was a trail run
Old 04-29-2013, 08:04 AM   #108
‹^› ‹(ಠ_ಠ)› ‹^›
NYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

NYCO's Tacoma Gallery
it was an impromptu run to test out new stuff
Old 04-29-2013, 08:08 AM   #109
He who walk with a Cane
CoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gramps
CoTacoTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Hey Bob thanks posting up. I didn't even know that you took video. I am gonna have to learn how to use your camera so we get more shots of your truck.

Ben - Sorry man. We anticipated that Bob and I would have to be stopping to do some trimming of make adjustments. So we kept this one word of mouth so as to not hold everyone up. Turns out our shit worked almost flawlessly.
Old 04-29-2013, 08:11 AM   #110
‹^› ‹(ಠ_ಠ)› ‹^›

NYCO's Tacoma Gallery
yea i'm hoping charlie will post up his pics...he should have more of us crossing that dry creek bed area and pics of my truck
Old 04-29-2013, 08:53 AM   #111
Because 4R
Wishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: James
Wishbone Runner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockgecko03 View Post
Me too

Looks like fun! I need to get a run in to shake down my recent mods as well.
Old 04-29-2013, 09:08 AM   #112
rockgecko03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrockgecko03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrockgecko03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrockgecko03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrockgecko03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrockgecko03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrockgecko03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrockgecko03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrockgecko03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrockgecko03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrockgecko03 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I'm going to be making my final tweaks next week and hopefully throw the new tires on asap once they show up on my doorstep. C'mon Treadwright! Hurry Up!

Probably end up making a run up something close the weekend of the 18th and/or 25th to make sure everything is good to go for Moab.
Old 04-29-2013, 10:01 AM   #113
Your NativeTaco is in the building
NativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Travis
NativeTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
X3 maybe next time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoTacoTRD View Post
Ben - Sorry man. We anticipated that Bob and I would have to be stopping to do some trimming of make adjustments. So we kept this one word of mouth so as to not hold everyone up. Turns out our shit worked almost flawlessly.
I posted about going to seven mile again and it was great. Its getting more washed out and getting more difficult so it was really fun to get up there to see it again. I went alone but got to put the locker through the test and found it working great. got to help out a stuck Jeep which always feels good. Went up a hill that stopped another Jeep and when I got back his little girl said I like toyotas with dogs (I brought the pups). Her dad just shook his head while I smiled.

Eric-why are your shocks mounted like that? Is that the way those particular shocks are supposed to go in? Preference? Does it keep the shock safer from damage? I always thought that the shock is more stable and less likely to get jammed up with the body tube above.
Old 04-29-2013, 10:17 AM   #114
Because 4R
Wishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by NativeTaco View Post
Eric-why are your shocks mounted like that? Is that the way those particular shocks are supposed to go in? Preference? Does it keep the shock safer from damage? I always thought that the shock is more stable and less likely to get jammed up with the body tube above.
I was wondering that as well.
Old 04-29-2013, 10:30 AM   #115

Factory bilstein shocks are mounted with the shock body on bottom as well.
Old 04-29-2013, 11:02 AM   #116
‹^› ‹(ಠ_ಠ)› ‹^›

NYCO's Tacoma Gallery
few more i took with my phone from sunday

Old 04-29-2013, 03:30 PM   #117
He who walk with a Cane
CoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by NativeTaco View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wishbone Runner View Post
I was wondering that as well.
Quote:
Factory bilstein shocks are mounted with the shock body on bottom as well.
Yeah factory is eye to stud on top. Stability I don't know about but there is thought that having the body up high protects it from damage. But I haven't seen proof of either way being an issue. The mounts are so close to the tire that it would really be an odd rock to damage the tube.
Old 04-29-2013, 03:36 PM   #118
He who walk with a Cane

Slick Jace! Ragging on the 2nd Gen's while I got my back turned to you. (36 seconds)
You better watch your back mister!

Old 05-13-2013, 09:12 AM   #119
Because 4R

An attempt to find dirt yesterday lead to a successful trip of finding snow in the Idaho Springs area. Austin and myself tried to run Bill Moore, then Cumberland Gulch to Yankee Hill yesterday, both with similar results. About 10.1K was the highest we could get. Gonna be a few weeks still . . .

Old 05-13-2013, 09:19 AM   #120
‹^› ‹(ಠ_ಠ)› ‹^›

NYCO's Tacoma Gallery
going to be a late start to the wheeling season again...

more reason to come to moab in two weeks