Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Colorado

Notices

Colorado lift assistance?

Old 12-30-2012, 05:44 PM   #1
TL;DR BOSS
hour is a jewel in the roughhour is a jewel in the roughhour is a jewel in the rough

Name: Brandon
hour's Tacoma Gallery
Colorado lift assistance?

Hi all,

I'm trying to lift my '12 regular cab a bit and no longer have access to a garage. I also seem to be missing quite a few sockets these days

Just doing 5100s up front with stock coils, was planning on doing the quick install trick of compressing springs on truck, unbolting, lowering down, etc. that many people have done and claim to be safer than spring compressors (I've lowered many cars, I hate those things!)

For the rear, I ordered the Wheelers 3 leaf progressive pack, came with new ubolts and whatnot.

If anyone would be willing to lend a hand and a safe place to work, plus a socket or two should I be missing them (and ideally a torque wrench), I'll gladly do all the knuckle busting and sketchy steps for some coaching. I'm pretty mechanically inclined when I'm not guessing or trying to make the wrong tool do a job, and will gladly arrive with whatever beer you may want and cash (~$100?). I'm in Fort Collins so I guess anywhere along the front range is doable.

Much thanks, sorry if this is wrong section but I figured it'd get lost in the CO BS thread.
Old 12-30-2012, 06:28 PM   #2
He who walk with a Cane
CoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gramps
CoTacoTRD's Tacoma Gallery
If you can't somewhere closer I am in Littleton. I should be around next weekend. PM me if you want to figure something out.
Old 12-30-2012, 06:31 PM   #3
McBuckets
RockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Noah
RockyMtnTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoTacoTRD View Post
If you can't somewhere closer I am in Littleton. I should be around next weekend. PM me if you want to figure something out.
Hell yeah! Gramps to the rescue
Old 12-30-2012, 06:45 PM   #4
The "Dick"
Tonto27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTonto27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTonto27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTonto27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTonto27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTonto27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTonto27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTonto27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTonto27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTonto27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTonto27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 5711- CBRN
Name: Joey
Tonto27's Tacoma Gallery
I have shop space/tools and what not to help you out.

posted this in the BS thread too but god knows i'll go take a dump and there will be 5 pages of broncos talk.
Old 12-30-2012, 06:59 PM   #5
TL;DR BOSS
hour is a jewel in the roughhour is a jewel in the roughhour is a jewel in the rough

Name: Brandon
hour's Tacoma Gallery
Wow, thanks Gramps and Tonto. I'm in Fort Collins as well so that's pretty awesome.. I'll PM - and Gramps, if I can't figure something out with Tonto I'd be more than willing to drive to Littleton for an experienced hand.
Old 12-30-2012, 07:03 PM   #6
He who walk with a Cane
CoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gramps
CoTacoTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Sounds like Tonto should get taken care of without the commute. Oh and Tonto you just need to stay mobile in the shitter and you won't miss a page.
Old 12-30-2012, 07:09 PM   #7
The "Dick"
Tonto27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTonto27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTonto27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTonto27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTonto27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTonto27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTonto27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTonto27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTonto27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTonto27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTonto27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 5711- CBRN
Name: Joey
Tonto27's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoTacoTRD View Post
Oh and Tonto you just need to stay mobile in the shitter and you won't miss a page.
apparently!