Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Colorado

Notices

Sell me on a move to Colorado!

Old 01-07-2014, 02:13 PM   #41
hillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shed

hillbillynwv's Tacoma Gallery
My brother-in-law lived in Denver some years back and the wife and I visited him twice there during that time. It was nice going there and having a tour guide (brother-in-law) to take us to all the sites. That state is awesome! It's one of the most scenic states that I have been too, lots to do there if your an outdoor person. And, at dusk, the Rocky mountains turn purple.....move there.....I would!
Old 01-07-2014, 02:50 PM   #42
pipelayer_99 is on a distinguished road
pipelayer_99's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by steviestyles View Post
Californians have been moving to Colorado for years. Back when I lived in Denver in the 80s and 90s, they were coming in droves and bringing their bad I do not know how to drive in snow azzez and snobbery with them....I don't think it ever really stopped.
Southern Denver is the worst. Highlands Ranch, Lone Tree and Parker have a lot of snobby CA people. I would much rather live in Ft Collins/Loveland or in a mountain town than Southern Denver but work is down here for me.
Old 01-07-2014, 03:03 PM   #43
Spoon93 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoon93 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoon93 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoon93 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoon93 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoon93 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoon93 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoon93 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoon93 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoon93 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoon93 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Spoon93's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by pipelayer_99 View Post
Southern Denver is the worst. Highlands Ranch, Lone Tree and Parker have a lot of snobby CA people. I would much rather live in Ft Collins/Loveland or in a mountain town than Southern Denver but work is down here for me.
The research I have been doing is making me think Ft Collins for sure. Now I just need to research some companies and figure out what is there.
Old 01-07-2014, 03:33 PM   #44
PB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedPB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedPB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedPB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedPB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedPB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedPB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedPB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedPB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedPB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedPB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Patrick
PB65stang's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spoon93 View Post
The research I have been doing is making me think Ft Collins for sure. Now I just need to research some companies and figure out what is there.
If you're still considering Denver, there are tons of finance jobs in the city itself. I work for the Federal Reserve downtown. We are always hiring.
Old 01-07-2014, 04:00 PM   #45
dman37 is on a distinguished road
dman37's Tacoma Gallery
How are the jobs for electricians? I live in NY state and travel to the NYC everyday it sucks... killed in taxes I cant stand it... I wish the wife had the adventure bone in her...
Old 01-07-2014, 05:05 PM   #46
Teniente is a splendid one to beholdTeniente is a splendid one to beholdTeniente is a splendid one to beholdTeniente is a splendid one to beholdTeniente is a splendid one to beholdTeniente is a splendid one to beholdTeniente is a splendid one to beholdTeniente is a splendid one to behold

Army: CPT, MI, USAR (Ret)
Teniente's Tacoma Gallery
Firearm Friendly

Prescott or Flagstaff Arizona
Old 01-07-2014, 09:22 PM   #47
Li0nel1234 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLi0nel1234 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLi0nel1234 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLi0nel1234 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLi0nel1234 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLi0nel1234 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLi0nel1234 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLi0nel1234 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLi0nel1234 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLi0nel1234 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLi0nel1234 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Captain
Name: Lionel
Li0nel1234's Tacoma Gallery
Lockheed Martin has a big presence here. They are always hiring engineers and pay well... There's also United Launch Alliance if you want to work on satellites...

You know you wanna move here...
Old 01-07-2014, 09:42 PM   #48
s10nick is one of the sharper tools in the sheds10nick is one of the sharper tools in the sheds10nick is one of the sharper tools in the sheds10nick is one of the sharper tools in the sheds10nick is one of the sharper tools in the sheds10nick is one of the sharper tools in the sheds10nick is one of the sharper tools in the sheds10nick is one of the sharper tools in the sheds10nick is one of the sharper tools in the sheds10nick is one of the sharper tools in the sheds10nick is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: nick
s10nick's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to s10nick
im surprised no one has mentioned this avrage of 300 days of sunshine every year
Old 01-07-2014, 10:19 PM   #49
KodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
KodiakToyTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Old 01-08-2014, 09:27 AM   #50
Spoon93 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoon93 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoon93 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoon93 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoon93 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoon93 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoon93 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoon93 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoon93 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoon93 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoon93 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Spoon93's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by s10nick View Post
im surprised no one has mentioned this avrage of 300 days of sunshine every year
Coming from Portland that 300 days is going to be incredible. I think we average 260+ grey/rainy days a year. I am looking for Sunshine and cold snowy winters. I am sick of grey rainy year around. And as for your last post I think you are right on oil industry. Thanks for the info I have some research to do.
Old 01-08-2014, 09:20 PM   #51
Li0nel1234 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLi0nel1234 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLi0nel1234 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLi0nel1234 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLi0nel1234 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLi0nel1234 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLi0nel1234 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLi0nel1234 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLi0nel1234 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLi0nel1234 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLi0nel1234 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Captain
Name: Lionel
Li0nel1234's Tacoma Gallery
Plus the Broncos are doing pretty good...
Old 01-29-2014, 07:22 AM   #52
Banana Nut
TheMuffinMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMuffinMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMuffinMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMuffinMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMuffinMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMuffinMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMuffinMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMuffinMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMuffinMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMuffinMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMuffinMan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TheMuffinMan's Tacoma Gallery
Colorado, even Denver will seem uncrowded compared to the East coast. I moved here 5 years ago from south east Michigan and never looked back.

I'd only move away for New Zealand/Australia though my eventual goal is a place in the Mountains west of the continental divide.
Old 01-29-2014, 07:48 AM   #53
odomandr is one of the sharper tools in the shedodomandr is one of the sharper tools in the shedodomandr is one of the sharper tools in the shedodomandr is one of the sharper tools in the shedodomandr is one of the sharper tools in the shedodomandr is one of the sharper tools in the shedodomandr is one of the sharper tools in the shedodomandr is one of the sharper tools in the shedodomandr is one of the sharper tools in the shedodomandr is one of the sharper tools in the shedodomandr is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andy
odomandr's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodie View Post
Sorry Colorado is full... Try Wyoming instead.
msg length
Old 03-29-2014, 09:18 PM   #54
Clymber is on a distinguished road
Clymber's Tacoma Gallery
Having moved here from Vt there are pluses and some drawbacks. There is a shit ton of sun great snow and lots of openness depending where you are. You can be from Denver to the boonies in an hour depending on what you do for fun there are great mountain to hike more rock climbing then you cam do in your life time, great bike paths and great mtb to be had

The drawbacks are you cant find good pizza to save your life, no diners, ppl dont understand sarcasm and no tastey cakes
Old 03-29-2014, 11:22 PM   #55
Watt maker is one of the sharper tools in the shedWatt maker is one of the sharper tools in the shedWatt maker is one of the sharper tools in the shedWatt maker is one of the sharper tools in the shedWatt maker is one of the sharper tools in the shedWatt maker is one of the sharper tools in the shedWatt maker is one of the sharper tools in the shedWatt maker is one of the sharper tools in the shedWatt maker is one of the sharper tools in the shedWatt maker is one of the sharper tools in the shedWatt maker is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ron
Watt maker's Tacoma Gallery
Even though I have it good at my job, I would move to CO in a heartbeat if the opportunity came knocking. The company is based in CO so I'm thinking a transfer shouldn't be too hard.

I lived in Albuquerque for 12 years and it wasn't too bad. Unfortunately, the state of the economy drove me to this one-horse town (sadly, where I grew up but it sure is different now) because it was the only place hiring with decent wages and insurance. The "thug life" is big here and I hate that part of it. Hopefully, in a few years I can join you folks in CO.

FWIW, my dad is actually from Leadville. I wouldn't mind living there, just not sure what I'd do for a job.
Old 03-29-2014, 11:44 PM   #56
flatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shed

flatblack's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by KodiakToyTRD View Post
We have legal weed and restrictions on magazine capacity.

But we have mountains, hiking, hunting, legal guns etc.

Take the good shit and help us vote out the bad!!!
If you love all that stuff about Colorado; but, want somewhere more conservative...
Move to Idaho!!
I wanted to get out of NY (also lived there for 28 years) and that's where I chose
Been out here 3 years, and I'm extremely happy with my decision

I had a huge list of things I wanted in the state I was going to move to
The top 5 went something like this:

Right to work
Cost of living
Open Carry
Ultra conservative (which, I guess, sums up the top 3)
Not bitter-cold in the winter

That list put me at about 5 main choices
I ended up going with Idaho, because it also fit in with what I like recreationally
Such as: mountains, hiking, hunting, fishing... hundreds (literally) of lakes, 4 seasons.... ....
and! most awesomely: about 40% of the entire freaking state is National Forest, AKA public land...
You can go out and camp (shoot, swim, wheel, etc.) for 14 days, free of charge;
at the end of 14 days, just move a couple hundred yards, and you've got another 14 days
Which is huge contrast to NY... you ain't camping anywhere, for even a night, without paying

I've been through the Boulder area (I think) of Colorado, in a Greyhound Bus; but, other than that I've just seen pictures
From the pictures I've seen... it's quite possibly prettier than Idaho...
But, we have all that good stuff you're talking about, Kodiak, and none of the bad
For me, it was the best compromise
...The only thing I really miss is rolling hills, deciduous trees, and maple syrup
Old 03-30-2014, 04:10 AM   #57
KodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
KodiakToyTRD's Tacoma Gallery
I've got extended family in Idaho, hopefully seeing them soon. Not a bad place to live from what I've seen when I have visited them!
Old 03-31-2014, 01:07 PM   #58
KMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedKMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedKMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedKMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedKMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedKMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedKMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedKMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedKMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedKMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedKMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shed
KMitch's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clymber View Post
Having moved here from Vt there are pluses and some drawbacks. There is a shit ton of sun great snow and lots of openness depending where you are. You can be from Denver to the boonies in an hour depending on what you do for fun there are great mountain to hike more rock climbing then you cam do in your life time, great bike paths and great mtb to be had

The drawbacks are you cant find good pizza to save your life, no diners, ppl dont understand sarcasm and no tastey cakes
This
Old 03-31-2014, 01:19 PM   #59
This....is my BOOMSTICK!
Noelie84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoelie84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoelie84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoelie84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoelie84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoelie84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoelie84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoelie84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoelie84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoelie84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoelie84 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Noel
Noelie84's Tacoma Gallery
Snake Plissken got caught in Denver...
If the people there are tough enough to catch him, I guess that it must be a pretty badass place to live.
Old 04-15-2014, 09:08 AM   #60
enigmadsm is one of the sharper tools in the shedenigmadsm is one of the sharper tools in the shedenigmadsm is one of the sharper tools in the shedenigmadsm is one of the sharper tools in the shedenigmadsm is one of the sharper tools in the shedenigmadsm is one of the sharper tools in the shedenigmadsm is one of the sharper tools in the shedenigmadsm is one of the sharper tools in the shedenigmadsm is one of the sharper tools in the shedenigmadsm is one of the sharper tools in the shedenigmadsm is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Nate
enigmadsm's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by flatblack View Post
If you love all that stuff about Colorado; but, want somewhere more conservative...
Move to Idaho!!
I wanted to get out of NY (also lived there for 28 years) and that's where I chose
Been out here 3 years, and I'm extremely happy with my decision

I had a huge list of things I wanted in the state I was going to move to
The top 5 went something like this:

Right to work
Cost of living
Open Carry
Ultra conservative (which, I guess, sums up the top 3)
Not bitter-cold in the winter

That list put me at about 5 main choices
I ended up going with Idaho, because it also fit in with what I like recreationally
Such as: mountains, hiking, hunting, fishing... hundreds (literally) of lakes, 4 seasons.... ....
and! most awesomely: about 40% of the entire freaking state is National Forest, AKA public land...
You can go out and camp (shoot, swim, wheel, etc.) for 14 days, free of charge;
at the end of 14 days, just move a couple hundred yards, and you've got another 14 days
Which is huge contrast to NY... you ain't camping anywhere, for even a night, without paying

I've been through the Boulder area (I think) of Colorado, in a Greyhound Bus; but, other than that I've just seen pictures
From the pictures I've seen... it's quite possibly prettier than Idaho...
But, we have all that good stuff you're talking about, Kodiak, and none of the bad
For me, it was the best compromise
...The only thing I really miss is rolling hills, deciduous trees, and maple syrup
What were the other 4 options? I lived in Boise, was a pretty cool place. Less sunshine in winter, but still plenty overall. And a big state with barely a million people means you don't have to spend hours looking for isolated camping