1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Super Awesome September Wheeling Adventure

Discussion in 'Colorado' started by IDtrucks, Jul 10, 2014.

?

Weekend for the Super Awesome September Wheeling Adventure "Operation: Rogue Potato"

Poll closed Jul 30, 2014.
  1. Sept 4th -7th

4 vote(s)
    33.3%
  2. Sept 11th -14th

2 vote(s)
    16.7%
  3. Sept 18th - 21st

5 vote(s)
    41.7%
  4. Sept 25th - 28th

1 vote(s)
    8.3%
  1. Jul 10, 2014 at 7:08 PM
    IDtrucks

IDtrucks [OP] Unhinged and Fluid

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark "Buck"
    Jackson Wyoming
    Vehicle:
    96' X-Cab 4x4 TRD Off Road Clusterfuck
    JVC Deck, 10" sub mountd in rear seat cubby, 2 LED off road lights mounted in grille, amber raptor style grille lights, LED rock lights, square led bed light, custom made fuse block tray, 12 blade Blue Sea fuse block, 100a marine circuit breaker, black plasti dipped full grille, tinted tail lights + third, Uniden 520 with 4' firestik, Bilstein 5100s with 620lb Eibach coils, Diff drop, Chevy 63 leaf swap, TG creeper joints, 14" triangulated biletein 5125s, 8" extended steel braided brake line, TG Rock Sliders, CBI Moab 1.0 front bumper, custom fabbed bed rack, full TRD E-Locker axle swap and matching re-gear with custom stand alone wiring circuit, 29 spline pinion flange from an 06 wishbone runner, tubbed for 35x12.5" general grabbers on Ultra type 181 wheels, crush sleeve eliminator, Mini ARB compressor, front ARB locker, garage fab aluminum front skid plate, custom built high clearence rear bumper, removable mothafuckin doors
    PICS START ON PAGE 21

[​IMG]

OPERATION: ROGUE POTATO

DATES: SEPTEMBER 4th-7th

The Trails: Trail plan!

THURSDAY
    Red Cone-Trail Rating:4
    Potentially Leave Thursday and get to the trailhead or run part of redcone that evening

http://www.traildamage.com/trails/index.php?id=9
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

FRIDAY
    Radical Hill-Trail Rating:4
    Figure out where and when to meet people if we do leave thursday
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Swan River-Trail Rating:3
    Continue onto Leadville area to camp
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

SATURDAY:
    Wheeler Lake-Trail Rating:5-7
    http://www.traildamage.com/trails/index.php?id=40
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

SUNDAY
    Holy Cross-Trail Rating:7-9
    http://www.traildamage.com/trails/index.php?id=11
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Red Cone>Webster>Radical Hill>Swan River into Breck..then head down Hoosier to Wheeler Lake...

then Mosquito over to Leadville and hit Holy Cross

Attending:

1.Mark-thurs to sunday
    2.James-thurs to sunday
    3.Charlie-thurs night to Sunday morning
    4.Matt-sat to sun
    5. Joe - thurs to sat (unless Rexus is ready than sunday as well)
    6. Byron - thurs to sat (unless Rexus is ready than Sunday as well)
    7.Eric - Thursday through Sunday (unless work shuts me down)
    8. Jace- friday- sunday. ( asking for friday off from work tomorrow)
    9. Lauren- Saturday and Sunday
    10. Bob-friday evening-sunday (maybe friday morning)
    11. Dylan- Saturday and Sunday.

RIGHT THEN! So I have decided to come and finally explore Colorado and hit some trails, and don't want to be lonely. So this is the trip meet thread. I will update it as the nice people from colorado give me more info. I will be making the trek down on a Thursday and driving back on a Tuesday or Monday evening.

The Activities:
    drive to colorado...

wheel...

drink and go to Bars...

sleep...

repeat until forced to go home...

Trip Motto: Be Prepared

[​IMG]

Ready? GO!!

Last edited: Sep 9, 2014
  2. Jul 10, 2014 at 7:16 PM
    lotsoftoys

lotsoftoys pavement is boring....

Member:
    First Name:
    Jace
    Denver
    Vehicle:
    98 lifted panda taco
    bunch of crap
    can i vote from any date? lmao... i voted the 18-21 but like i said before with enough notice, i can make something happen. as for the camping and travel from trail to trail, Bob is your man. guy is a walking gps:D

something to note tho, we need to camp as low as possible, the later in sept we get, itll start to get cold forsure

3. Jul 10, 2014 at 7:18 PM
    lotsoftoys

Member:
    First Name:
    Jace
    Denver
    Vehicle:
    98 lifted panda taco
    bunch of crap
    edit, u may wanna think about a winch for HC. log might work for moab Lmao but, last year we all winched up a ledge. ALL of us.....

4. Jul 10, 2014 at 7:18 PM
    IDtrucks

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark "Buck"
    Jackson Wyoming
    Vehicle:
    JVC Deck, 10" sub mountd in rear seat cubby, 2 LED off road lights mounted in grille, amber raptor style grille lights, LED rock lights, square led bed light, custom made fuse block tray, 12 blade Blue Sea fuse block, 100a marine circuit breaker, black plasti dipped full grille, tinted tail lights + third, Uniden 520 with 4' firestik, Bilstein 5100s with 620lb Eibach coils, Diff drop, Chevy 63 leaf swap, TG creeper joints, 14" triangulated biletein 5125s, 8" extended steel braided brake line, TG Rock Sliders, CBI Moab 1.0 front bumper, custom fabbed bed rack, full TRD E-Locker axle swap and matching re-gear with custom stand alone wiring circuit, 29 spline pinion flange from an 06 wishbone runner, tubbed for 35x12.5" general grabbers on Ultra type 181 wheels, crush sleeve eliminator, Mini ARB compressor, front ARB locker, garage fab aluminum front skid plate, custom built high clearence rear bumper, removable mothafuckin doors
    I dont care what dates you want. I just need to figure out the weekend. Also I have a good sleeping bag and have camped in the cold. I dont really care where haha

did you not see the pic? I have one

5. Jul 10, 2014 at 7:20 PM
    IDtrucks

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark "Buck"
    Jackson Wyoming
    Vehicle:
    shit how do i set the poll so you can see who voted on what? Or is that only when its done?

6. Jul 10, 2014 at 7:20 PM
    lotsoftoys

Member:
    First Name:
    Jace
    Denver
    Vehicle:
    98 lifted panda taco
    bunch of crap
    edited^ and i know, just nail some dates early and ill make it happen

7. Jul 10, 2014 at 7:21 PM
    IDtrucks

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark "Buck"
    Jackson Wyoming
    Vehicle:
    We are all working on nailing them now. :cool:

Once the majority of the people interested have voiced their preference we can just say el fucko the poll and just commit to a weekend

8. Jul 10, 2014 at 7:21 PM
    IDtrucks

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark "Buck"
    Jackson Wyoming
    Vehicle:
    aaaaand you will probably be denied.

just move whatever other non important shit you have back a week

9. Jul 10, 2014 at 7:25 PM
    IDtrucks

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark "Buck"
    Jackson Wyoming
    Vehicle:
    JUST A NOTE. The only thing that may cause a bump is if I have any tests on that Thursday I planned on leaving. I dont usually have tests at the start of the week, but if I get unlucky and skipping a class that day means missing a test Ill have to either hammer through the night and increase the possibility of a head on with a semi or nix a relaxing day.

Hopefully the teachers are all nice and give pretty well planned out syllibi so I know what im going to be doing those days at the start of the semester

10. Jul 10, 2014 at 7:25 PM
    bulhas

bulhas the habs fan

Member:
    First Name:
    Joe
    Edmonton, Alberta
    Vehicle:
    1997 Rexus
    LS Swap 500 hp......
    Im a soft maybe, ill be just coming off a week and half of overlanding in Montana

11. Jul 10, 2014 at 7:26 PM
    IDtrucks

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark "Buck"
    Jackson Wyoming
    Vehicle:
    i dont want to hear it unless you are a "im going to move heaven and earth to get my hoser ass down there.

kay!

12. Jul 10, 2014 at 7:29 PM
    bulhas

bulhas the habs fan

Member:
    First Name:
    Joe
    Edmonton, Alberta
    Vehicle:
    1997 Rexus
    LS Swap 500 hp......
    I start holidays on August 19th, I need to be back to work by September 9th.... even if it means flying from Denver and letting someone like Jace babysit my baby for a week

13. Jul 10, 2014 at 7:30 PM
    lotsoftoys

Member:
    First Name:
    Jace
    Denver
    Vehicle:
    98 lifted panda taco
    bunch of crap
    screw montana! come down to the Rockies!!!! lol, i kid, Montana has some cool shit too

14. Jul 10, 2014 at 7:33 PM
    bulhas

bulhas the habs fan

Member:
    First Name:
    Joe
    Edmonton, Alberta
    Vehicle:
    1997 Rexus
    LS Swap 500 hp......
    so in theory iffffff you decide to do it on September 4th-7th I could arrange to make it

if you decide to do September 18th-21st, I am a very very very soft maybe, but a slight oppurtunity

15. Jul 10, 2014 at 7:35 PM
    username

username Fluffer

Member:
    Pendleton, Or
    Vehicle:
    05 Taco with some crap welded to it
    mostly stock
    You don't have to drive all the way to Colorado, it's legal in Washington state now. :p

I'm headed to the Rockies next week. Going to fart around in Idaho this weekend, then cut through Wyoming and head south for the week. The forecast is calling for snow on Pike's peak on Monday!

16. Jul 10, 2014 at 7:38 PM
    Ice Horse

Ice Horse Stalking horse

Member:
    First Name:
    Lauren
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    98 3.4L V6 TRD Ext. Cab 4x4 SR5
    ADS Racing Shocks 2.5" Extended Travel Coilovers with Reservoirs, 3 inch All Pro rear suspension kit, factory E-locker, Trail Gear sliders and front stinger bumper, CBI Offroad rear tube bumper, XRC8 Winch, 33 inch BFG KM2's, 16 inch Ivan Stewart Wheels, Uniden CB radio, flip up license plate, white tail lights, LED front signals, Tundra front brake upgrade, new radio, rock lights, sub woofer, remote start, satoshi grille with Prius emblem, Rigid DOT/SAE Fog Lights, 12" Light Bar
    As long as you dont pull a Moab and wheel the trails we agreed on before I show up...I'll try and make it. :p

17. Jul 10, 2014 at 7:41 PM
    IDtrucks

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark "Buck"
    Jackson Wyoming
    Vehicle:
    sorry:pout:

this is right in your state, and you have plenty of advanced notice, and at the current rate you will still be unemployed by the time the trip comes around :p

you have no excuse, If you dont come I will find your house, and force you to come.

18. Jul 10, 2014 at 7:43 PM
    IDtrucks

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark "Buck"
    Jackson Wyoming
    Vehicle:
    I get random drug screenings. That aint happening :laugh:

that sounds like one fun trip! What are your stops along the way?

I saw that brady is going to miss out haha. another mark for great timing on his (the army's) part

19. Jul 10, 2014 at 7:46 PM
    Ice Horse

Ice Horse Stalking horse

Member:
    First Name:
    Lauren
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    98 3.4L V6 TRD Ext. Cab 4x4 SR5
    ADS Racing Shocks 2.5" Extended Travel Coilovers with Reservoirs, 3 inch All Pro rear suspension kit, factory E-locker, Trail Gear sliders and front stinger bumper, CBI Offroad rear tube bumper, XRC8 Winch, 33 inch BFG KM2's, 16 inch Ivan Stewart Wheels, Uniden CB radio, flip up license plate, white tail lights, LED front signals, Tundra front brake upgrade, new radio, rock lights, sub woofer, remote start, satoshi grille with Prius emblem, Rigid DOT/SAE Fog Lights, 12" Light Bar
    Haha. I'm determined to get some use out of our timeshare in breck lol so it's a good possibility!

Seems like everyone is going to Pikes Peak lately...that's pretty much my backyard haha

20. Jul 10, 2014 at 7:46 PM
    IDtrucks

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark "Buck"
    Jackson Wyoming
    Vehicle:
    are we close to breck? if so lets throw a party there! That would be killer!

Products Discussed in

To Top