Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Colorado

Notices

Super Awesome September Wheeling Adventure

View Poll Results: Weekend for the Super Awesome September Wheeling Adventure "Operation: Rogue Potato"
Sept 4th -7th 4 36.36%
Sept 11th -14th 1 9.09%
Sept 18th - 21st 5 45.45%
Sept 25th - 28th 1 9.09%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-10-2014, 07:08 PM   #1
Just out for a rip are ya bud?
IDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mark
IDtrucks's Tacoma Gallery
Super Awesome September Wheeling Adventure

OPERATION: ROGUE POTATO

Trip Motto: Be Prepared

RIGHT THEN! So I have decided to come and finally explore Colorado and hit some trails, and don't want to be lonely. So this is the trip meet thread. I will update it as the nice people from colorado give me more info.

The Plan: Poll is up for dates. Ill keep it open until the last week of July. That gives about a month and a half to get time off. The trip plan, tentatively is 3 days of wheeling and a blow off/maybe travel day. I will be making the trek down on a Thursday and driving back on a Tuesday or Monday evening.

The Trails: Still being worked on, and I will get a map made so I at least know where i'm going.
  • Holy Cross, Wheeler Lake, Iron Chest & Grizzly Lake

• Red Cone>Webster>Radical Hill>Swan River into Breck..then head down Hoosier to Wheeler Lake...

then Mosquito over to Leadville and hit Holy Cross

The Activities:
drive to colorado...

wheel...

drink and go to Bars...

sleep...

repeat until forced to go home...

Ready? GO!!

Alright gents and ladies. The time is nigh to start setting dates. the poll is basically done, and the dates are split pretty much in the middle between 4-7 and 18-21.

so out of the people who voted for the 4-7, how many of you could also make the 18-21 and how many of those that voted for 18-21 could make the 4-7?

Also, can the majority of interested parties do a 4 day trip? Or is it more realistic to do a 3 day trip? Some people might join for a day or two? These are the things to start considering. So lets hear it!
Old 07-10-2014, 07:16 PM   #2
pavement is boring....
lotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jace
lotsoftoys's Tacoma Gallery
can i vote from any date? lmao... i voted the 18-21 but like i said before with enough notice, i can make something happen. as for the camping and travel from trail to trail, Bob is your man. guy is a walking gps

something to note tho, we need to camp as low as possible, the later in sept we get, itll start to get cold forsure
Old 07-10-2014, 07:18 PM   #3
pavement is boring....
lotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shed

edit, u may wanna think about a winch for HC. log might work for moab Lmao but, last year we all winched up a ledge. ALL of us.....
Old 07-10-2014, 07:18 PM   #4
IDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by lotsoftoys View Post
can i vote from any date? lmao... i voted the 18-21 but like i said before with enough notice, i can make something happen. as for the camping and travel from trail to trail, Bob is your man. guy is a walking gps

something to note tho, we need to camp as low as possible, the later in sept we get, itll start to get cold forsure
I dont care what dates you want. I just need to figure out the weekend. Also I have a good sleeping bag and have camped in the cold. I dont really care where haha

Quote:
Originally Posted by lotsoftoys View Post
edit, u may wanna think about a winch for HC. last year we all winched up a ledge. ALL of us.....
did you not see the pic? I have one
Old 07-10-2014, 07:20 PM   #6
pavement is boring....

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDtrucks View Post
I dont care what dates you want. I just need to figure out the weekend. Also I have a good sleeping bag and have camped in the cold. I dont really care where haha

did you not see the pic? I have one
edited^ and i know, just nail some dates early and ill make it happen
Old 07-10-2014, 07:21 PM   #7
ThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Blake
ThatGuy18's Tacoma Gallery
Voted for the only weekend I can make it (the last one).
Old 07-10-2014, 07:22 PM   #10
ThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Blake
ThatGuy18's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
aaaaand you will probably be denied.

just move whatever other non important shit you have back a week
I'm off that third weekend but with the time to drive there and back I'd need to blow at least three days of vacation. Which I don't have.
Old 07-10-2014, 07:25 PM   #11

JUST A NOTE. The only thing that may cause a bump is if I have any tests on that Thursday I planned on leaving. I dont usually have tests at the start of the week, but if I get unlucky and skipping a class that day means missing a test Ill have to either hammer through the night and increase the possibility of a head on with a semi or nix a relaxing day.

Hopefully the teachers are all nice and give pretty well planned out syllibi so I know what im going to be doing those days at the start of the semester
Old 07-10-2014, 07:25 PM   #12
the habs fan
bulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Joe
bulhas's Tacoma Gallery
Im a soft maybe, ill be just coming off a week and half of overlanding in Montana
Old 07-10-2014, 07:29 PM   #14
the habs fan
bulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shed

bulhas's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
i dont want to hear it unless you are a "im going to move heaven and earth to get my hoser ass down there.

kay!
I start holidays on August 19th, I need to be back to work by September 9th.... even if it means flying from Denver and letting someone like Jace babysit my baby for a week
Old 07-10-2014, 07:30 PM   #15
pavement is boring....

Quote:
shit how do i set the poll so you can see who voted on what? Or is that only when its done?
Quote:
Originally Posted by bulhas View Post
Im a soft maybe, ill be just coming off a week and half of overlanding in Montana
screw montana! come down to the Rockies!!!! lol, i kid, Montana has some cool shit too
Old 07-10-2014, 07:33 PM   #16
the habs fan

bulhas's Tacoma Gallery
so in theory iffffff you decide to do it on September 4th-7th I could arrange to make it

if you decide to do September 18th-21st, I am a very very very soft maybe, but a slight oppurtunity
Old 07-10-2014, 07:35 PM   #17
Fluffer
username is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: bullet sponge
username's Tacoma Gallery
You don't have to drive all the way to Colorado, it's legal in Washington state now.

I'm headed to the Rockies next week. Going to fart around in Idaho this weekend, then cut through Wyoming and head south for the week. The forecast is calling for snow on Pike's peak on Monday!
Old 07-10-2014, 07:41 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice Horse View Post
As long as you dont pull a Moab and wheel the trails we agreed on before I show up...I'll try and make it.
sorry

this is right in your state, and you have plenty of advanced notice, and at the current rate you will still be unemployed by the time the trip comes around

you have no excuse, If you dont come I will find your house, and force you to come.
Old 07-10-2014, 07:43 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by username View Post
You don't have to drive all the way to Colorado, it's legal in Washington state now.

I'm headed to the Rockies next week. Going to fart around in Idaho this weekend, then cut through Wyoming and head south for the week. The forecast is calling for snow on Pike's peak on Monday!
I get random drug screenings. That aint happening

that sounds like one fun trip! What are your stops along the way?

I saw that brady is going to miss out haha. another mark for great timing on his (the army's) part