Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Colorado

Notices

PCS to Carson

Old 07-15-2014, 10:39 AM   #1
Reeves is on a distinguished road

Army: 2/16
Reeves's Tacoma Gallery
PCS to Carson

So I reenlisted today for my choice of duty station and I got the duty station I requested. I have been to Carson before the Army but I don't remember much about it. I don't report till June 2015 because I am currently deployed. So what is the low down on this place and what battalions are good and bad? I am coming from a light Infantry unit. What on post housing is best and ones that have a garage? It will be my wife and a 6mo old and myself and my Weimerainer. I am really looking forward to the larger Tacoma group and all the mountain biking I could want. Any input would be great thanks!
Old 08-04-2014, 07:13 PM   #2
microwvbleturtle is on a distinguished road
Army: 4ID
Name: Sean
microwvbleturtle's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to microwvbleturtle
Just realized no one responded to this thread. Honestly man, I have no answers to your questions as I'm not at a brigade and I'm single and living off post, but Fort Carson is a pretty great place. I've heard nothing but horror stories for every BN and SQN in 4ID, but that's standard procedure in the Army.

Where are you stuck now, Kuwait or Africa?

I came to Carson from Riley as well, and it was a pretty positive transition. You're a year out which leaves plenty of time for change, but we'll help you out with any other question you may have. Hell, I'm sure a few of us will help you unpack if you decide to do a DITY move - just make sure to bribe us with pizza and beer.
Old 08-19-2014, 06:35 AM   #3
Reeves is on a distinguished road

Army: 2/16
Reeves's Tacoma Gallery
It has been awhile since I checked this but my wife and I are looking at places in Fountain. From what I have seen online we can get a pretty nice place with 3 bed room and garage for 1250/month. Im going to make a trip over in May to check the place out. I am currently in Africa till the end of the year, redeploying early for the birth of my son. I haven't gotten orders yet but did receive an email saying I will be going to 1st brigade. Chances are the unit will be as bad as any but at the end of the day I'm still in Colorado. Thanks for the reply