Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Colorado

Notices

Hello all

Old 08-22-2014, 08:10 PM   #1
newbreeze is one of the sharper tools in the shednewbreeze is one of the sharper tools in the shednewbreeze is one of the sharper tools in the shednewbreeze is one of the sharper tools in the shednewbreeze is one of the sharper tools in the shednewbreeze is one of the sharper tools in the shednewbreeze is one of the sharper tools in the shednewbreeze is one of the sharper tools in the shednewbreeze is one of the sharper tools in the shednewbreeze is one of the sharper tools in the shednewbreeze is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Windy
newbreeze's Tacoma Gallery
Red face Hello all

So I posted this in the Tacoma World new member forum but I don't think it was regional so I thought I would add it here too. I don't have a 4x4, but I recently met a great guy who introduced me to off roading. And since I would like to eventually have a Tacoma, I thought this would be a good group for me to get involved with. I live in Longmont and would love to meet up with folks that wouldn't mind me being able to ride along. I would also like to learn how to do the driving, so if there are any folks out there that would be interested in explaining things to me as we go that would also be great.

I guess that's about it about me. Now sure what else to say. Hoping to not hear crickets.
Old 08-22-2014, 08:11 PM   #2
resident Apple Pie Monster
Justus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brock
Justus's Tacoma Gallery
welcome to tacomaworld

u dont need 4x4 all the time........and having a friend along with 4x4 will help u thru the tough stuff
Old 08-22-2014, 08:20 PM   #3
newbreeze is one of the sharper tools in the shednewbreeze is one of the sharper tools in the shednewbreeze is one of the sharper tools in the shednewbreeze is one of the sharper tools in the shednewbreeze is one of the sharper tools in the shednewbreeze is one of the sharper tools in the shednewbreeze is one of the sharper tools in the shednewbreeze is one of the sharper tools in the shednewbreeze is one of the sharper tools in the shednewbreeze is one of the sharper tools in the shednewbreeze is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Well, right now I drive a fiat. And while I would love to see how much it could take, my guess is, not much.

I have thought about cutting off the fenders and getting big tires for it though.

But I want a tacoma and plan on getting one in the future. It would just be nice to get to know the community a bit so when it comes time, I do it right.
Old 08-22-2014, 08:46 PM   #4
DJB1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDJB1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDJB1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDJB1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDJB1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDJB1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDJB1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDJB1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDJB1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDJB1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDJB1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dave
DJB1's Tacoma Gallery
Now's the time to start reading up on the different cab styles, whether you prefer the smaller Tacoma (2004-older) or midsize Tacoma (2005-present), V6 or 4 cylinder, etc. Sounds like you're already set on a 4 wheel drive so watch out for the "prerunner" model, which looks like a 4 wheel drive but isn't.

4runners and FJ Cruisers are closely related and have similar reliability, MPG and off-road awesomeness.

There are a lot of beaters with 200,000+ miles that make a good platform for a "project" truck. You should hold out for the nicest truck you can afford because you'll probably want to spend a lot more time driving it than wrenching on it. Especially if it will be your only vehicle.

There is so much information on Tacoma World it is ridiculous...
Old 08-22-2014, 08:51 PM   #5

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJB1 View Post
Now's the time to start reading up on the different cab styles, whether you prefer the smaller Tacoma (2004-older) or midsize Tacoma (2005-present), V6 or 4 cylinder, etc. Sounds like you're already set on a 4 wheel drive so watch out for the "prerunner" model, which looks like a 4 wheel drive but isn't.

4runners and FJ Cruisers are closely related and have similar reliability, MPG and off-road awesomeness.

There are a lot of beaters with 200,000+ miles that make a good platform for a "project" truck. You should hold out for the nicest truck you can afford because you'll probably want to spend a lot more time driving it than wrenching on it. Especially if it will be your only vehicle.

There is so much information on Tacoma World it is ridiculous...
I like the smaller, older trucks and yes, I want a 4 wheel drive. I wouldn't mind learning to work on a truck myself, so if it needs some simple repairs I don't mind. I like to build things. But I am usually doing it by myself so I couldn't do anything really heavy. I was trying to figure out what the best cab type would be if you wanted to bring two dogs with you. I'm assuming they would need to be harnessed and belted in, so I thought maybe a crew cab would be good. But I don't know that the little trucks come with crew cabs. And why would anyone want a 4 cylinder over a v6 given a choice? And I will make a mental note... no pre-runners.
Old 08-22-2014, 08:58 PM   #6

ooohhh! Look! A green one!

http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-s...80120695&Log=0
Old 08-22-2014, 10:18 PM   #7
Fire Pony
Ice Horse is one of the sharper tools in the shedIce Horse is one of the sharper tools in the shedIce Horse is one of the sharper tools in the shedIce Horse is one of the sharper tools in the shedIce Horse is one of the sharper tools in the shedIce Horse is one of the sharper tools in the shedIce Horse is one of the sharper tools in the shedIce Horse is one of the sharper tools in the shedIce Horse is one of the sharper tools in the shedIce Horse is one of the sharper tools in the shedIce Horse is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Lauren
Ice Horse's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome! Just to simplify things, around here the "smaller, older trucks" are known as first generation (first gens). They did make four door first gens from 2001 to 2004. You seem to be on the right track though, Tacoma, v6, no prerunner lol

If you want to do offroading, I'd look into a TRD that has a rear e-locker as well.
Old 08-25-2014, 11:50 AM   #8
Legend of the UG
Kappes03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKappes03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKappes03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKappes03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKappes03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKappes03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKappes03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKappes03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKappes03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKappes03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKappes03 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 307th Expeditionary Sig BN
Name: Mike
Kappes03's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by newbreeze View Post
So I posted this in the Tacoma World new member forum but I don't think it was regional so I thought I would add it here too. I don't have a 4x4, but I recently met a great guy who introduced me to off roading. And since I would like to eventually have a Tacoma, I thought this would be a good group for me to get involved with. I live in Longmont and would love to meet up with folks that wouldn't mind me being able to ride along. I would also like to learn how to do the driving, so if there are any folks out there that would be interested in explaining things to me as we go that would also be great.

I guess that's about it about me. Now sure what else to say. Hoping to not hear crickets.
No crickets over here at the BS section, check it out!

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/col...read-1644.html
Old 08-25-2014, 09:28 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kappes03 View Post
No crickets over here at the BS section, check it out!

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/col...read-1644.html
Are you talking about oscar blues or those awesome looking old toyotas?
Old 08-26-2014, 08:13 PM   #12

ok. So tell me about Mt. Evans, because it is the last weekend the road to the top is open and I want to go. Even if it is just in my little fiat. Is it paved? Dirt? What should I expect? A nap?
Old 08-26-2014, 08:14 PM   #13

And by the way, yes there are still crickets because not one person has made the offer of letting me ride shotgun or teaching me about off roading. I guess just like every other woman, I will have to do it myself. ;-)
Old 08-26-2014, 08:49 PM   #14
Fire Pony
Ice Horse is one of the sharper tools in the shedIce Horse is one of the sharper tools in the shedIce Horse is one of the sharper tools in the shedIce Horse is one of the sharper tools in the shedIce Horse is one of the sharper tools in the shedIce Horse is one of the sharper tools in the shedIce Horse is one of the sharper tools in the shedIce Horse is one of the sharper tools in the shedIce Horse is one of the sharper tools in the shedIce Horse is one of the sharper tools in the shedIce Horse is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Lauren
Ice Horse's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by newbreeze View Post
And by the way, yes there are still crickets because not one person has made the offer of letting me ride shotgun or teaching me about off roading. I guess just like every other woman, I will have to do it myself. ;-)
Haha, if I were still closer up in Foco I would have had you ride along!
Old 08-26-2014, 08:59 PM   #15
MPG? LOL
sean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
sean266's Tacoma Gallery
We do trail runs often and I usually ride with someone...just pop in and say hi.
Old 08-26-2014, 09:09 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by sean266 View Post
We do trail runs often and I usually ride with someone...just pop in and say hi.
Please consider me popped at all times.
Old 08-28-2014, 12:38 PM   #17
Legend of the UG
Kappes03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKappes03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKappes03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKappes03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKappes03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKappes03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKappes03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKappes03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKappes03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKappes03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKappes03 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 307th Expeditionary Sig BN
Name: Mike
Kappes03's Tacoma Gallery
There's more traffic in the thread of the link I sent. That's what I meant
Old 08-31-2014, 09:32 AM   #18

Mt. Evans

Hello all-img_2535.jpg

Hello all-img_2553.jpgNo problem. Made it to Mt Evans in Fiona.
Old 09-02-2014, 08:02 PM   #19

My non-truck build thread

So I don't have a truck yet, but I hope I will have one in the not too distant future. In the meantime, I thought I would share some of the other things I have built so you all don't just think I am some off road groupie.
Old 09-02-2014, 08:11 PM   #20

chicken coop

This was my first colorado project. I have been here since 2012 and I had many projects at my old home in Virginia. But since I am starting over here in Colorado I am not going to include them.
Hello all-img_1532.jpg

Hello all-img_1531.jpg

Hello all-img_1530.jpg

Hello all-img_1529.jpg

Hello all-img_1526.jpg

Hello all-img_1517.jpg

Hello all-img_1520.jpg

Hello all-img_1523.jpg