1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

For anyone with a dog or pets in Northern Colorado, please read

Discussion in 'Colorado' started by Ostrichsak, Oct 29, 2014.

1. Oct 29, 2014 at 6:11 PM
    Ostrichsak

Ostrichsak [OP] Don't taze me bro!

Member:
    First Name:
    Jer
    Northern Colorado, USA
    Vehicle:
    Supercharged '10 Tacoma 4x4 TRD
    TRD Supercharger + too much stuff to list. Click sig pic
    I created this thread years ago on another forum and several people have posted that it was helpful. Given the recent topics in the BS thread I thought I would share here too in the hope that it helps someone out.

Please bookmark or add to your contacts the information for Home to Heaven. They're a home euthanasia service based out of Fort Collins and they're amazing. We recently had to put our little girl Gixxer down and she just turned 8 years old a couple weeks prior. She was a 15lb Italian Greyhound who got only the best food and care so to say that we were both shocked is an understatement. She was healthy as could be for the entire 8yrs then she was sick for a couple weeks. We tried all sorts of things from bland diets to home-cooked foods to medications and treatments. Some blood work led is to believe she had an infection plus a possible parasite so we were treating for those things. Finally, after weeks of sleepless nights I found a lump on her little tummy. We took her in for an emergency sonogram that day and found out she had terminal cancer and it was all over. We made the heart breaking decision to put her down the next day. While this is a VERY difficult time for my wife and the rest of our friends and family (if you ever met Gixxer, you would understand) I can't tell you how great Home to Heaven was. Being able to have her at home in our bed in her blanky with my wife, my mom her little brother Koby and myself by her side made for a picture perfect ending to a life cut way too short. I hope none of you have to go through this so soon but, as in our case... you just never know. The vet that came was amazingly understanding and helpful when the rest of us were a mess. I highly recommend them and am SO glad something like this exists.

Gixxer 3/3/03-4/14/11
    RIP Daddy's Little Girl

IMG00290-20090729-1647_6bc4e5b279d049ac5ed54a88f043047b7e60b57f.jpg

Last edited: Oct 30, 2014
  2. Oct 30, 2014 at 8:43 AM
    Adventurous

Adventurous Well-Known Member

Member:
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    15 DCLB SR5
    :(. Sorry to hear about that. We've only had our pups for a couple of years now and it breaks my heart to think of how short their time with us is.

Products Discussed in

To Top