Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Colorado

Notices

1st Colorado Mod Day Official Thread

Old 04-10-2010, 08:24 PM   #61
Jeep eatting toy *****
madirish is a jewel in the roughmadirish is a jewel in the roughmadirish is a jewel in the roughmadirish is a jewel in the rough

Name: Jeremy
madirish's Tacoma Gallery
I just want to know . shouldn't the fastest off roader be leading ? I have a crawler but it does everything but crawler. It's more like a rock leaper then a crawler. But what ever works I guess.
Old 04-10-2010, 08:27 PM   #62
Jeep eatting toy *****
madirish is a jewel in the roughmadirish is a jewel in the roughmadirish is a jewel in the roughmadirish is a jewel in the rough

or at least let me know what trail were all going on so I can look it out to see my passing zones.
Old 04-10-2010, 08:29 PM   #63
CopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Maximum Security Correctional Officer
Name: Matt
CopDoctor's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by madirish View Post
or at least let me know what trail were all going on so I can look it out to see my passing zones.

what's the rush? if you have a crawler chances are you have some recovery gear to help out if someone else's truck takes a shit (mine)..would be nice to help than to zoom away
Old 04-10-2010, 09:45 PM   #65
Bsly862 has much to be proud ofBsly862 has much to be proud ofBsly862 has much to be proud ofBsly862 has much to be proud ofBsly862 has much to be proud ofBsly862 has much to be proud ofBsly862 has much to be proud ofBsly862 has much to be proud of

Name: Nate
Bsly862's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheeto6182 View Post
Madirish! post some pics of this rock crawling/hopping truck of yours! It sounds like a beast
Agreed I gotta see this thing
Old 04-10-2010, 10:55 PM   #66
Tundra FTMFW
csuviper is one of the sharper tools in the shedcsuviper is one of the sharper tools in the shedcsuviper is one of the sharper tools in the shedcsuviper is one of the sharper tools in the shedcsuviper is one of the sharper tools in the shedcsuviper is one of the sharper tools in the shedcsuviper is one of the sharper tools in the shedcsuviper is one of the sharper tools in the shedcsuviper is one of the sharper tools in the shedcsuviper is one of the sharper tools in the shedcsuviper is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
csuviper's Tacoma Gallery
So I took most the pics during one of our camping trips and havent exactly shared them with him yet. I will post a few.
The first pic is before he modified for extra wheel travel.

You can find the videos I posted on youtube here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ynYvTybing
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=STEsg2kpJaQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xP5HEuRDVjo

Don't worry about the trail ride day though. I think he will be the only one jumping rocks. I ride slow in my truck. Don't want to hurt my baby. I didn't air down in these videos because I didn't have a compressor to air up for the ride home. It was still fun though.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7aJ1kE4Ol_0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lFoNfjCYLOM
Old 04-11-2010, 07:17 AM   #68
Jeep eatting toy *****

More then likey I'll be going the same speed as everfyone else with everyone else for those just in case high centers and such . When we hit some narly stuff I would hope the person leading or at least the person behind me would allow me to wait for the person in front to get out of the way so I could launch that big bad rock ! LOL. You all might want to bring a video camra. That toy has a way of doing things that you would never think was possible by a 22R engine. Like launching four feet in the air after hitting a boulder at 35 miles an hour and not break a thing while doing it. Good times by all
Old 04-11-2010, 06:10 PM   #69
Whiskey bent and hell bound.
Hoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: I'm TWITTER FAMOUS.
Name: Devin
Hoyal's Tacoma Gallery
My Tacoma was about a month old and I had it 4-5 feet in the air down by buena vista was fun till I landed But I don't see what the rush is when wheeling it's not a rally race. Either way should be a fun day.
Old 04-11-2010, 06:42 PM   #70
Hoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Hoyal's Tacoma Gallery
Here are some trails that might be fun. Not to high on the difficulty scale for those who are afraid to get a dent. *cough* mike...

http://www.traildamage.com/trails/index.php?id=175

http://www.traildamage.com/trails/index.php?id=18

http://www.traildamage.com/trails/index.php?id=174
Old 04-11-2010, 06:42 PM   #71
Tundra FTMFW
csuviper is one of the sharper tools in the shedcsuviper is one of the sharper tools in the shedcsuviper is one of the sharper tools in the shedcsuviper is one of the sharper tools in the shedcsuviper is one of the sharper tools in the shedcsuviper is one of the sharper tools in the shedcsuviper is one of the sharper tools in the shedcsuviper is one of the sharper tools in the shedcsuviper is one of the sharper tools in the shedcsuviper is one of the sharper tools in the shedcsuviper is one of the sharper tools in the shed

You just have to sit in the passenger seat for a few large rocks and you will know what its all about. Its a real big rush. I can wait till we get that roll bar in there this summer. Anyone have any spare tubing that will work for a roll bar or know where to get some for cheep?
Old 04-11-2010, 06:45 PM   #72
Kmoney is one of the sharper tools in the shedKmoney is one of the sharper tools in the shedKmoney is one of the sharper tools in the shedKmoney is one of the sharper tools in the shedKmoney is one of the sharper tools in the shedKmoney is one of the sharper tools in the shedKmoney is one of the sharper tools in the shedKmoney is one of the sharper tools in the shedKmoney is one of the sharper tools in the shedKmoney is one of the sharper tools in the shedKmoney is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kelly
Kmoney's Tacoma Gallery
We're under 5 weeks away - stoked.
Old 04-11-2010, 09:52 PM   #73
Legend of the UG
Kappes03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKappes03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKappes03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKappes03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKappes03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKappes03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKappes03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKappes03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKappes03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKappes03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKappes03 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 307th Expeditionary Sig BN
Name: Mike
Kappes03's Tacoma Gallery
[quote=Hoyal;1645446]Here are some trails that might be fun. Not to high on the difficulty scale for those who are afraid to get a dent. *cough* mike...

http://www.traildamage.com/trails/in...174[/quote]
You're damn right I'm afraid to get a dent. My only brand new vehicle, I want it stay in the best condition it can.
Old 04-11-2010, 11:20 PM   #74
Oh gravity, thou art a heartless bitch!
AvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brandon
AvsFanTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kappes03 View Post
You're damn right I'm afraid to get a dent. My only brand new vehicle, I want it stay in the best condition it can.
You sure you want to do the trail run then? Might get some dirt up in the wheel wells
Old 04-12-2010, 06:18 AM   #75

Hoyal's Tacoma Gallery
[QUOTE=Kappes03;1646111]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoyal View Post
Here are some trails that might be fun. Not to high on the difficulty scale for those who are afraid to get a dent. *cough* mike...

http://www.traildamage.com/trails/in...174[/quote]
Sissy!! Put a dent in it, it builds character!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvsFanTRD View Post
You sure you want to do the trail run then? Might get some dirt up in the wheel wells
wouldent want that to happen would we!
Old 04-15-2010, 08:17 AM   #76
Tundra FTMFW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheeto6182 View Post
9 am sounds like a good starting time to me. I also have a big closed in backyard with two sociable chocolate labs if anybody wants to bring their hounds. Kmoney - is that a wolf in front of your truck?
also remembering the list of possibilities! With some creative planning we could combine wallets for supplies and cut down on costs with some of these mods.
- Satoshi Grill
- Foglights on anytime
- Illuminated 4x4 Switch
- Engine Bay Light
- Extra 110v outlets in cab
- Tail light tint
- Light Racing UCA install

Mods I could help others with (csuviper)
- Keyless Entry Beep
- Black Head Light Mod (BHLM)
- Rear Differential Breather Relocation
- Bed Storage Compartment Locks
- Cold Air Intake Install
- Cat-Back Exhaust Install
- Wheel bearing replacement

-B5100 and AAL Install
-Painted Engine Cover
-Tail Light Tint

So I dont think that I will be performing the Satoshi Grill on Mod Day. Don't think that I will have enough time to let the fiberglass set, bondo set and paint to dry within the day. Im also looking to get the grill surround painted to match the truck color. I am considering the tail light tint but depends on what it looks like. I am also considering the dash light change mod:http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...ts-jotaro.html if there is someone that has done this or is good with soldering if I suck. Still nervous that I will fry the dash.

Mods that I am definately doing on Mod Day:
- URD Short Shifter Install
- Illuminated 4x4 Switch
Old 04-15-2010, 01:01 PM   #77
Slapps74 is a jewel in the roughSlapps74 is a jewel in the roughSlapps74 is a jewel in the rough

Name: Chris
Slapps74's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by madirish View Post
looks as though being away from the computer for a week was a bad idea. K let me get this straight. mod day has a place and time , right ? now trail day were in boulder . right ? where at ? will the trail have anything for me crawler ? I'm talking big boy rocks and such. I can get my tires dirty in denver all day but I want to really want to push my toy to the limits and try to break something on it so I can reforce it for comatition this summer. Plus I'm sure you all will have a good laugh at my crawlin style.O and by the way The only mod I'm doing to me toy is upgrading the alternator from a 300 out put to a 500 output. So my hands are free to help those that are needing it. hey csuviper we bringing me welder ? if so then we'll put my bull gaurd and roll bar for my engine on too.
We have seen pictures of your crawler and I dont think that any of us want to "bash" like you want to, but some one correct me if I am wrong. Also I am not sure that anyone has a rig capable enough to follow where it seems you want to go. Unless some of us have long travel kits and lockers(on the wish list though)

Second I recomended Jenny Creek Trail for the run. According to Colorado Back Road Adventures it is scored as a 7 out of 10. Might be a little hard core for some. Some one said Lyon's. I think that is left hand canyon. That has some pretty hard core trails as well but some easy ones too. Last I heard I thought they were going to try and close it.
Old 04-15-2010, 01:07 PM   #78
Slapps74 is a jewel in the roughSlapps74 is a jewel in the roughSlapps74 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by csuviper View Post
You just have to sit in the passenger seat for a few large rocks and you will know what its all about. Its a real big rush. I can wait till we get that roll bar in there this summer. Anyone have any spare tubing that will work for a roll bar or know where to get some for cheep?
X2
Old 04-15-2010, 01:23 PM   #79

[quote=Hoyal;1646703]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kappes03 View Post

Sissy!! Put a dent in it, it builds character!

wouldent want that to happen would we!
I think the plane crash would be a cool trail to run. None are very lond maybe we can run more than one of them.
Old 04-15-2010, 01:49 PM   #80

Quote:
Originally Posted by csuviper View Post
So I dont think that I will be performing the Satoshi Grill on Mod Day. Don't think that I will have enough time to let the fiberglass set, bondo set and paint to dry within the day. Im also looking to get the grill surround painted to match the truck color. I am considering the tail light tint but depends on what it looks like. I am also considering the dash light change mod:http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...ts-jotaro.html if there is someone that has done this or is good with soldering if I suck. Still nervous that I will fry the dash.

Mods that I am definately doing on Mod Day:
- URD Short Shifter Install
- Illuminated 4x4 Switch
I am not bad with the soldering iorn. I will help. The BHLM scares me a little. Any one willing to help with that?