Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Colorado

Notices

1st Colorado Mod Day Official Thread

Old 04-15-2010, 03:30 PM   #81
Tundra FTMFW
csuviper is one of the sharper tools in the shedcsuviper is one of the sharper tools in the shedcsuviper is one of the sharper tools in the shedcsuviper is one of the sharper tools in the shedcsuviper is one of the sharper tools in the shedcsuviper is one of the sharper tools in the shedcsuviper is one of the sharper tools in the shedcsuviper is one of the sharper tools in the shedcsuviper is one of the sharper tools in the shedcsuviper is one of the sharper tools in the shedcsuviper is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
csuviper's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slapps74 View Post
I am not bad with the soldering iorn. I will help. The BHLM scares me a little. Any one willing to help with that?
I am willing to help out with the BHLM. Its a piece of cake. Like I said before, the hardest part of the whole thing is putting the cover back on and trying not to scratch the newly painted inside. The oven thing is no big deal.
Old 04-15-2010, 03:42 PM   #82
Tundra FTMFW
csuviper is one of the sharper tools in the shedcsuviper is one of the sharper tools in the shedcsuviper is one of the sharper tools in the shedcsuviper is one of the sharper tools in the shedcsuviper is one of the sharper tools in the shedcsuviper is one of the sharper tools in the shedcsuviper is one of the sharper tools in the shedcsuviper is one of the sharper tools in the shedcsuviper is one of the sharper tools in the shedcsuviper is one of the sharper tools in the shedcsuviper is one of the sharper tools in the shed

[quote=Slapps74;1660817]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoyal View Post

I think the plane crash would be a cool trail to run. None are very lond maybe we can run more than one of them.
The middle St. Vrain trail is the same trail that is shown in the pictures and video that I posted of my truck and madirish's truck (except the first pic). It is a nice trail, something that everyone can get through but does offer difficulty and technical skills to do so without hitting a rock on the rear diff or rocker panel.
The other two trails listed look nice as well. Difficulty level of 5 is good for me.
I've been on most of the caribou creek trail: http://www.traildamage.com/trails/index.php?id=5. There is a creek crossing that may be exceptionally deep this time of year. Not many large rocks though. Pretty much a dirt trail with muddy spots and the creek crossing. I haven't been on the trail in my truck yet to know how easy it is with a Toy. Stupid ford explorer let me down.
Old 04-15-2010, 06:02 PM   #83
Slapps74 is a jewel in the roughSlapps74 is a jewel in the roughSlapps74 is a jewel in the rough

Name: Chris
Slapps74's Tacoma Gallery
[quote=csuviper;1661093]
Quote:

The middle St. Vrain trail is the same trail that is shown in the pictures and video that I posted of my truck and madirish's truck (except the first pic). It is a nice trail, something that everyone can get through but does offer difficulty and technical skills to do so without hitting a rock on the rear diff or rocker panel.
The other two trails listed look nice as well. Difficulty level of 5 is good for me.
I've been on most of the caribou creek trail: http://www.traildamage.com/trails/index.php?id=5. There is a creek crossing that may be exceptionally deep this time of year. Not many large rocks though. Pretty much a dirt trail with muddy spots and the creek crossing. I haven't been on the trail in my truck yet to know how easy it is with a Toy. Stupid ford explorer let me down.
Thats sounds good to me. I am lifted on 33's as well and do have a decent amount of wheelin exp but I thike we should keep it to a skill of 5 or lower to start. I think that you Could run Jenny Creek with no problem. Let me know if you want to try you dash light mod sooner I am in Thornton and we could do it sooner if ou wanted.
Old 04-15-2010, 11:31 PM   #84
Jeep eatting toy *****
madirish is a jewel in the roughmadirish is a jewel in the roughmadirish is a jewel in the roughmadirish is a jewel in the rough

Name: Jeremy
madirish's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
We have seen pictures of your crawler and I dont think that any of us want to "bash" like you want to, but some one correct me if I am wrong. Also I am not sure that anyone has a rig capable enough to follow where it seems you want to go. Unless some of us have long travel kits and lockers(on the wish list though)

Second I recomended Jenny Creek Trail for the run. According to Colorado Back Road Adventures it is scored as a 7 out of 10. Might be a little hard core for some. Some one said Lyon's. I think that is left hand canyon. That has some pretty hard core trails as well but some easy ones too. Last I heard I thought they were going to try and close it.
Well either way Im sure we will all have fun. You can drive around the rocks and I will go over the top of them.

Old 04-19-2010, 06:49 AM   #85
Oh gravity, thou art a heartless bitch!
AvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brandon
AvsFanTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Anyone going to this have a good spring compressor?
Old 04-19-2010, 02:12 PM   #86
btkicker will become famous soon enough
btkicker's Tacoma Gallery
Mod Day: Saturday, May 22nd
1. csuviper (Brian)
2. Madirish (Jeremy)
3. Cheeto6182 (Sean)
4. Kmoney (Kelly)
5. Kappes03 (Mike)
6. Bsly862 (Nate)
7. Hoyal (Devin)
8. rockgecko03 (Ben)
9. AvsFanTRD (Brandon)
10. EAmonkey (Darryll)
11. Slapps74
12. 2blu4u (Nick)
13. Spamtaco
14. btkicker (BT)

Trail Ride: Sunday, May 23rd
1. csuviper (Brian)
2. Madirish (Jeremy)
3. CopDoctor (Matt)
4. Kmoney (Kelly)
5. Kappes03 (Mike)
6. TL697 (Troy)
7. Bsly862 (Nate)
8. Hoyal(Devin)
9. rockgecko03 (Ben)
10. AvsFanTRD (Brandon)
11. EAmonkey (Darryll) (tentative - will need more info
12. Slapps74
13. btkicker (BT)
Old 04-19-2010, 04:07 PM   #87
Cheeto
Cheeto6182 will become famous soon enoughCheeto6182 will become famous soon enough

Navy: DC2(SW) Graves, USS Kitty Hawk CV-63, Eng Dep, R-Div
Name: Sean G
Cheeto6182's Tacoma Gallery
adding to the trail day!

1. csuviper (Brian)
2. Madirish (Jeremy)
3. Cheeto6182 (Sean)
4. Kmoney (Kelly)
5. Kappes03 (Mike)
6. Bsly862 (Nate)
7. Hoyal (Devin)
8. rockgecko03 (Ben)
9. AvsFanTRD (Brandon)
10. EAmonkey (Darryll)
11. Slapps74
12. 2blu4u (Nick)
13. Spamtaco
14. btkicker (BT)

1. csuviper (Brian)
2. Madirish (Jeremy)
3. CopDoctor (Matt)
4. Kmoney (Kelly)
5. Kappes03 (Mike)
6. TL697 (Troy)
7. Bsly862 (Nate)
8. Hoyal(Devin)
9. rockgecko03 (Ben)
10. AvsFanTRD (Brandon)
12. Slapps74
13. btkicker (BT)
14. Cheeto6182 (Sean)
Old 04-19-2010, 04:26 PM   #88
Whiskey bent and hell bound.
Hoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: I'm TWITTER FAMOUS.
Name: Devin
Hoyal's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by AvsFanTRD View Post
Just go to harbor freight and get a $30 one. It worked for mine.
Old 04-19-2010, 04:28 PM   #89
Tundra FTMFW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheeto6182 View Post
adding to the trail day!

1. csuviper (Brian)
2. Madirish (Jeremy)
3. Cheeto6182 (Sean)
4. Kmoney (Kelly)
5. Kappes03 (Mike)
6. Bsly862 (Nate)
7. Hoyal (Devin)
8. rockgecko03 (Ben)
9. AvsFanTRD (Brandon)
10. EAmonkey (Darryll)
11. Slapps74
12. 2blu4u (Nick)
13. Spamtaco
14. btkicker (BT)

1. csuviper (Brian)
2. Madirish (Jeremy)
3. CopDoctor (Matt)
4. Kmoney (Kelly)
5. Kappes03 (Mike)
6. TL697 (Troy)
7. Bsly862 (Nate)
8. Hoyal(Devin)
9. rockgecko03 (Ben)
10. AvsFanTRD (Brandon)
12. Slapps74
13. btkicker (BT)
14. Cheeto6182 (Sean)
I was wondering why you didnt sign up for the trail ride. Glad you will be joining us. I'm getting excited. Got some of my stuff ordered and need to get on the other stuff quickly if I am going to get it in time.
Old 04-19-2010, 04:30 PM   #90
Tundra FTMFW

Quote:
I picked up a set for the coilovers at Harbor Freight not too long ago. $20 or less I think. I will have them there so you can use them when I am done installing my UCA's.
Cheep things but they should work.
Old 04-19-2010, 09:01 PM   #91
AvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by csuviper View Post
I picked up a set for the coilovers at Harbor Freight not too long ago. $20 or less I think. I will have them there so you can use them when I am done installing my UCA's.
Cheep things but they should work.
is it this one

because those are a pain in the ass
Old 04-20-2010, 01:12 AM   #92
Leadgolem is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadgolem is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadgolem is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadgolem is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadgolem is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadgolem is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadgolem is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadgolem is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadgolem is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadgolem is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadgolem is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Greg
Leadgolem's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
... I am also considering the dash light change mod:http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...ts-jotaro.html if there is someone that has done this or is good with soldering if I suck. Still nervous that I will fry the dash...
If your worried about frying your dash get some electronics heatsinks. You attach those around the area your working on to dissipate the heat from the soldering and protect other parts.

Make sure you get a smallest tip for your soldering iron you can find and a solder sucker too, in addition to the actual soldering iron and solder. Also, keep in mind that diodes have polarity. So, if you put them in backward they won't light up. It is actually possible to damage a diode this way, but led's are usually pretty resistant to this.
Old 04-20-2010, 07:44 AM   #93
Tundra FTMFW

Quote:
is it this one

No even cheeper than those. I think they are these ones ($14.99):

Old 04-20-2010, 10:39 AM   #94
Hoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Hoyal's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
is it this one

It was a PIA but it worked great. It still took us just under 3hrs I think 2hours or less can be meet very easily.
Old 04-20-2010, 11:59 AM   #95

Quote:
No even cheeper than those. I think they are these ones ($14.99):

wow, those things look very cheap. I think i'd rather stick with the next step up on the red ones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoyal View Post
It was a PIA but it worked great. It still took us just under 3hrs I think 2hours or less can be meet very easily.
I imagine it would go a little quicker considering we have a better idea on how to do it now. You sill have the ones we used for yours?
Old 04-20-2010, 12:00 PM   #96

Hoyal's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
wow, those things look very cheap. I think i'd rather stick with the next step up on the red ones

I imagine it would go a little quicker considering we have a better idea on how to do it now. You sill have the ones we used for yours?
Yeah I have it but its a little bent from us beating on it
Old 04-21-2010, 03:08 PM   #97
Slapps74 is a jewel in the roughSlapps74 is a jewel in the roughSlapps74 is a jewel in the rough

Name: Chris
Slapps74's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kappes03 View Post
Any of you guys from the south part of town wanna convoy up there? Nate? Brandon?
I am up north in Thornton, and I would be up to convoy with you guys
Old 04-21-2010, 07:19 PM   #98
Legend of the UG
Kappes03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKappes03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKappes03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKappes03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKappes03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKappes03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKappes03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKappes03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKappes03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKappes03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKappes03 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army:
Name: Mike
Kappes03's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I am up north in Thornton, and I would be up to convoy with you guys
Nice, Nate and I are both down here by the park meadows mall, we can stop off the highway to grab you and anyone else who wants to join. I think it'll look pretty bad ass with a group of tacos.
Old 04-21-2010, 08:01 PM   #99
CopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Maximum Security Correctional Officer
Name: Matt
CopDoctor's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kappes03 View Post
Nice, Nate and I are both down here by the park meadows mall, we can stop off the highway to grab you and anyone else who wants to join. I think it'll look pretty bad ass with a group of tacos.
you guys talking about saturday or sunday? i'll be comin up sunday from the springs..
Old 04-21-2010, 08:06 PM   #100
Negative Ghostrider
bnavin is on a distinguished road
Name: Ben
bnavin's Tacoma Gallery
1. csuviper (Brian)
2. Madirish (Jeremy)
3. Cheeto6182 (Sean)
4. Kmoney (Kelly)
5. Kappes03 (Mike)
6. Bsly862 (Nate)