Tacoma World Forums

Tacoma World Forums (http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/)
-   Colorado (http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/colorado/)
-   -   1st Colorado Mod Day Official Thread (http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/colorado/85139-1st-colorado-mod-day-official-thread.html)

Kmoney 04-03-2010 09:07 PM

1st Colorado Mod Day and Trail Ride Official Thread

I thought it would be a good idea to start an Official Colorado Mod Day thread to separate it from the general TW Co Members thread. All further posts regarding this event should be posted in this thread.

So far we have established these dates:

Mod Day: Saturday May 22nd Will be held at Sean's home in Boulder. That address is:
3005 Denton Ave.
Boulder, Colorado 80303.
followed by
Trail Run: Sunday May 23rd
Location: TBD (Everyone familiar with the Boulder area feel free to voice opinions on where we should hold the Trail Ride.)

Special thanks to Sean for allowing us to use his place!

Though we have plenty of time at this point to work out all the details, let's make sure that since we're going to do this, that we do it up right! I'm personally really looking forward to this event and to meeting everyone, improving my truck, and learning a thing or two. :D

NOTE:
Be sure to add your name to the RSVP list so we can keep an accurate count for how many we will be expecting! Just copy and paste the most recent list and add your name.

Also, we've sort of established what kinds of mods that most of us are interested in. If you'd like to add some that we have not already listed then add it to the list that Sean (Cheeto6182) has oulined on post #14 for both mods you'd like performed and mods that you have experience/knowledge of and could help with.

Latest Updated List as of 5/10: Thank you, Brian.
Mod Day: Saturday, May 22nd
1. csuviper (Brian)
2. Madirish (Jeremy)
3. Cheeto6182 (Sean)
4. Kmoney (Kelly)
5. Kappes03 (Mike)
6. Bsly862 (Nate)
7. Hoyal (Devin)
8. rockgecko03 (Ben)
9. AvsFanTRD (Brandon)
10. EAmonkey (Darryll)
11. Slapps74
12. 2blu4u (Nick)
13. Spamtaco
14. btkicker (BT)
15. Bnavin (Ben) maybe
16. cheehab

Trail Ride: Sunday, May 23rd
1. csuviper (Brian)
2. Madirish (Jeremy)
3. CopDoctor (Matt)
4. Kmoney (Kelly)
5. Kappes03 (Mike)
6. TL697 (Troy)
7. Bsly862 (Nate)
8. Hoyal(Devin)
9. rockgecko03 (Ben)
10. AvsFanTRD (Brandon)
11. EAmonkey (Darryll) (tentative - will need more info
12. Slapps74
13. btkicker (BT)
14. Cheeto6182 (Sean)

Expressed interest but haven’t added to the list:
1. Lotsoftoys (Jace)
2. DOT (Jay)

Here is the latest list of mods that someone will be doing:

- Satoshi Grill
- Foglights on anytime
- Illuminated 4x4 Switch
- Tail light tint
- URD Short Shifter Install
- Rear Differential Breather Relocation
- Engine Ticking Damper
- Extra D Rings

Here is the latest list of Mods that others have done and could help with:
- Keyless Entry Beep (csuviper)
- Black Head Light Mod (BHLM)(csuviper)
- Rear Differential Breather Relocation (csuviper)
- Bed Storage Compartment Locks (csuviper)
- Cold Air Intake Install (csuviper)
- Cat-Back Exhaust Install (csuviper)
- Upper Control Arm install (csuviper)
- Tonneau Cover Install (csuviper)
- Overhead Console/Temp Fix(csuviper)
- B5100 and AAL Install
- Painted Engine Cover
- Tail Light Tint

We really should pick a trail since we are only 3 weeks away! My vote is still camp Dick (Middle Saint Vrain). If its too easy we can continue onto the Coney Flats trail. If it was just right but too short then we can go to the Plance Crash trail (both at the same camping site). Click on each below for description.

Ironclads, Rating: 5 Vote: 0

Middle St. Vrain, Rating: 5 Vote: 1

T-33A Plane Crash, Rating: 5 Vote: 0

Caribou Creek, Rating: 3 Vote: 0

Left Hand Canyon, Rating 5 Vote: 0

Castle Gulch, Rating 3 Vote: 0

Coney Flats, Rating 6 Vote: 0

Miller Rock , Rating 5 Vote: 0

Denver Convoy Meeting Areas: Special thanks to Mike for setting these up.
South members to meet at Denver Marriott South off Park Meadows drive at 7:45 am
North members to meet at Graystone Hotel off I-25 and 120th Ave. at 8:30am

Here is Mike's number in case you have any questions regarding the meet up times/locations:
719-250-2087

It would be a good idea to call or text him the morning of the 22nd.

NOTE:
Guys,
If you want me to add anything to this post the best way to to make sure it gets done fast is to PM me. I was pretty busy finishing up school the past few weeks with dead week and finals week and now I've started working my two summer jobs.

Getting pretty close, hope everyone is as excited as I am!

TL697 04-03-2010 09:17 PM

Although I can only commit to the trail run so far, I will do my best to try and make the mod day...

~Troy

AvsFanTRD 04-03-2010 09:29 PM

Come up with a trail ride location yet?

Kmoney 04-03-2010 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AvsFanTRD (Post 1617260)
Come up with a trail ride location yet?

Well Sean said that he'd be willing to host in Boulder but before we can be absolutely certain and officially set the location I think we better hear back from him. I'll pm him right now.

NetMonkey 04-03-2010 09:31 PM

i should be all moved to CO by then.... ill attend :)
although.... i dont have any mods to do to my truck at this time.

AvsFanTRD 04-03-2010 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kmoney (Post 1617265)
Well Sean said that he'd be willing to host in Boulder but before we can be absolutely certain and officially set the location I think we better hear back from him. I'll pm him right now.

Ok, that's for the 22nd mod day. What about the trail run? Where are we going to go and dent up our taco's at on the 23rd? Not that it makes a difference to me since I wouldn't know the area decided anyway. I'm not exactly a good person to locate an off road experience. Mostly curious

Kmoney 04-03-2010 09:39 PM

Here's the latest RSVP List from the last thread.

Make sure to copy and paste and add your name if you haven't already!

1. csuviper (Brian)
2. Madirish (Jeremy)
3. Cheeto6182 (Sean)
4. Kmoney (Kelly)
5. Kappes03 (Mike)
6. Bsly862 (Nate)
7. Hoyal (Devin)
8. rockgecko03 (Ben)

1. csuviper (Brian)
2. Madirish (Jeremy)
3. CopDoctor (Matt)
4. Kmoney (Kelly)
5. Kappes03 (Mike)
6. TL697 (Troy)
7. Bsly862 (Nate)
8. Hoyal(Devin)
9. rockgecko03 (Ben)

Kmoney 04-03-2010 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AvsFanTRD (Post 1617283)
Ok, that's for the 22nd mod day. What about the trail run? Where are we going to go and dent up our taco's at on the 23rd? Not that it makes a difference to me since I wouldn't know the area decided anyway. I'm not exactly a good person to locate an off road experience. Mostly curious

As soon as we determine where exactly the Mod Day will be we can worry about the Trail Run, I'm thinking. Whoever is hosting and all the others from around that area will have the best idea of where we should run.

AvsFanTRD 04-03-2010 09:48 PM

1. csuviper (Brian)
2. Madirish (Jeremy)
3. Cheeto6182 (Sean)
4. Kmoney (Kelly)
5. Kappes03 (Mike)
6. Bsly862 (Nate)
7. Hoyal (Devin)
8. rockgecko03 (Ben)
9. AvsFanTRD (Brandon)

1. csuviper (Brian)
2. Madirish (Jeremy)
3. CopDoctor (Matt)
4. Kmoney (Kelly)
5. Kappes03 (Mike)
6. TL697 (Troy)
7. Bsly862 (Nate)
8. Hoyal(Devin)
9. rockgecko03 (Ben)
10. AvsFanTRD (Brandon)

NetMonkey 04-03-2010 10:44 PM

1. csuviper (Brian)
2. Madirish (Jeremy)
3. Cheeto6182 (Sean)
4. Kmoney (Kelly)
5. Kappes03 (Mike)
6. Bsly862 (Nate)
7. Hoyal (Devin)
8. rockgecko03 (Ben)
9. AvsFanTRD (Brandon)
10. EAmonkey (Darryll)

1. csuviper (Brian)
2. Madirish (Jeremy)
3. CopDoctor (Matt)
4. Kmoney (Kelly)
5. Kappes03 (Mike)
6. TL697 (Troy)
7. Bsly862 (Nate)
8. Hoyal(Devin)
9. rockgecko03 (Ben)
10. AvsFanTRD (Brandon)
11. EAmonkey (Darryll) (tentative - will need more info)

Cheeto6182 04-04-2010 02:02 AM

Hey guys!
Good to go for Mod Day at my house on May 22nd in Boulder if there are no objections! Plenty of room on all sides of the house for working on taco's (giggity). Not sure what kind of facilities are needed for mods though. From what I gather we need the oven for the BHLM mods, a few extension cords for drills, and we have internet connections for web references when we get in over our heads lol. Anybody require a welder?
The BBQ will be good to go.
address:
3005 Denton Ave
Boulder CO, 80303

Kappes03 04-04-2010 07:30 AM

Sounds good, I may only make mod day or the trail run, my sister has her graduation the weekened before whch I am taking off to go home. Sometimes its a bit tough to get 2 weekend in a row off but I'll def do my best.

Kmoney 04-04-2010 08:43 AM

Information has been updated on the original post.

Those from the Boulder area, where would be the best place to hold the Trail Run that can accommodate stock Tacomas while still providing more difficult terrain for the more capable ones?

And Sean, what time is good for you on the 22nd to kick things off? We were thinking relatively early, 9-10am, but it's your home so it's your call!

Cheeto6182 04-04-2010 11:44 AM

9 am sounds like a good starting time to me. I also have a big closed in backyard with two sociable chocolate labs if anybody wants to bring their hounds. Kmoney - is that a wolf in front of your truck?
also remembering the list of possibilities! With some creative planning we could combine wallets for supplies and cut down on costs with some of these mods.
- Satoshi Grill
- Foglights on anytime
- Illuminated 4x4 Switch
- Engine Bay Light
- Extra 110v outlets in cab
- Tail light tint
- Light Racing UCA install

Mods I could help others with (csuviper)
- Keyless Entry Beep
- Black Head Light Mod (BHLM)
- Bed Storage Compartment Locks
- Cold Air Intake Install
- Cat-Back Exhaust Install
- Wheel bearing replacement

-B5100 and AAL Install
-Painted Engine Cover
-Tail Light Tint

Kmoney 04-04-2010 01:24 PM

Haha nah he's a Kuvasz. He's a nice dog but is becoming a little aggressive to other males so I might leave him at home this time around. His natural guard instinct has almost gotten us in trouble a few times at the park...

Good idea though on re-listing the mods, I added that to the OP. So for everyone who hasn't added their name to the list yet should go ahead and then add any mods that you'd like done / that you can help out with that have not already been listed!

Slapps74 04-04-2010 03:31 PM

1. csuviper (Brian)
2. Madirish (Jeremy)
3. Cheeto6182 (Sean)
4. Kmoney (Kelly)
5. Kappes03 (Mike)
6. Bsly862 (Nate)
7. Hoyal (Devin)
8. rockgecko03 (Ben)
9. AvsFanTRD (Brandon)
10. EAmonkey (Darryll)
11. Slapps74 (Chris)

1. csuviper (Brian)
2. Madirish (Jeremy)
3. CopDoctor (Matt)
4. Kmoney (Kelly)
5. Kappes03 (Mike)
6. TL697 (Troy)
7. Bsly862 (Nate)
8. Hoyal(Devin)
9. rockgecko03 (Ben)
10. AvsFanTRD (Brandon)
11. EAmonkey (Darryll) (tentative - will need more info
12 Slapps74(Chris)

Slapps74 04-04-2010 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kmoney (Post 1618000)
Information has been updated on the original post.

Those from the Boulder area, where would be the best place to hold the Trail Run that can accommodate stock Tacomas while still providing more difficult terrain for the more capable ones?

And Sean, what time is good for you on the 22nd to kick things off? We were thinking relatively early, 9-10am, but it's your home so it's your call!

What about Jenny Creek Trail? It is up by Nederland (above Boulder). I use to have a ZR2 S-10 and I ran it stock(before lift) with 31 x 10.50 BFG AT's. There are some sections that are a little hard but?

AvsFanTRD 04-04-2010 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slapps74 (Post 1618914)
What about Jenny Creek Trail? It is up by Nederland (above Boulder). I use to have a ZR2 S-10 and I ran it stock(before lift) with 31 x 10.50 BFG AT's. There are some sections that are a little hard but?

What's the point of having the taco if there are no challenging parts?

Slapps74 04-04-2010 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cheeto6182 (Post 1618445)
9 am sounds like a good starting time to me. I also have a big closed in backyard with two sociable chocolate labs if anybody wants to bring their hounds. Kmoney - is that a wolf in front of your truck?
also remembering the list of possibilities! With some creative planning we could combine wallets for supplies and cut down on costs with some of these mods.
- Satoshi Grill
- Foglights on anytime
- Illuminated 4x4 Switch
- Engine Bay Light
- Extra 110v outlets in cab
- Tail light tint
- Light Racing UCA install

Mods I could help others with (csuviper)
- Keyless Entry Beep
- Black Head Light Mod (BHLM)
- Bed Storage Compartment Locks
- Cold Air Intake Install
- Cat-Back Exhaust Install
- Wheel bearing replacement

-B5100 and AAL Install
-Painted Engine Cover
-Tail Light Tint

WOW thats alot of mods to be getting done. I have basicly all the mods except the BHLM done that I can afford right now. SO with that said I will be avalible to help any one who needs it. What about tools? Bring your own I assume correct? FYI I am a former ASE certified Master Tech. What about the food and beverages? Sorry for all the questions I am of course the FNG. This sounds like great fun I am really looking forward to it.

Kmoney 04-04-2010 08:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slapps74 (Post 1618914)

Yeah well I have absolutely no idea where or what would be best, so everyone from the Boulder area can decide on Trail Ride locations, if worse comes to worse we can all decide on Saturday and just play it by ear until then...

Quote:

Originally Posted by AvsFanTRD (Post 1618920)
What's the point of having the taco if there are no challenging parts?

Yep.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Slapps74 (Post 1618929)
WOW thats alot of mods to be getting done. I have basicly all the mods except the BHLM done that I can afford right now. SO with that said I will be avalible to help any one who needs it. What about tools? Bring your own I assume correct? FYI I am a former ASE certified Master Tech. What about the food and beverages? Sorry for all the questions I am of course the FNG. This sounds like great fun I am really looking forward to it.

x2. I'm in college in Laramie and my home with all my tools is on the other end of the state, so I won't be able to provide any. Food, on the other hand, I'd be willing to compensate for since I will have 0 tools and close to 0 mechanical ability. Everyone can pitch in their own way, I reckon. :D