Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Deals & Coupons

Notices

Purchasing new Taco..good online sites to establish deals??

Old 07-09-2008, 06:18 PM   #1
botayota is on a distinguished road
botayota's Tacoma Gallery
Purchasing new Taco..good online sites to establish deals??

Hi all, I'm a new member from NH, about to have Toyota buy back my 2000, and I need to get my want list out there to local dealers, and see what deal they can offer me. Anyone here reccomend online site(s) for getting online price quotes from dealers?

Thanks,
BY
Old 07-09-2008, 06:28 PM   #2
Sooooooper Moderator
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: former TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
toyota.com i would think...
Old 07-09-2008, 07:17 PM   #3
Wish i was wheelin
TengoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTengoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTengoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTengoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTengoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTengoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTengoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTengoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTengoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTengoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTengoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tyler
TengoTaco's Tacoma Gallery
If you are a member of USAA they have a car buying service. They have prices set up with dealers in your area. Highly recommended.
Old 07-09-2008, 07:22 PM   #4
Quote:
Originally Posted by TengoTaco View Post
If you are a member of USAA they have a car buying service. They have prices set up with dealers in your area. Highly recommended.
Hi thanks for the info... USAA yes good site, but tells me there are no dealers in my area Toyota.com limits my selections based on my zip code...so must know what's available locally

Will do some more searches...

Seeya,
BY
Old 07-09-2008, 07:53 PM   #5
mainerinexile is on a distinguished road
mainerinexile's Tacoma Gallery
Hi Botayota:
I'm in NH too. I bought an 08 in April here in NH. I used toyota.com to customize the truck I wanted, and then selected three dealers from which to request quotes. Grappone (Concord) was slow and not very flexible, Berlin City was slow and the salesman was in his first week there, so I knew more than he did. I went over to White River Toyota in VT because they said they had the truck and color I wanted, but they didn't. I got the high pressure sales pitch. Irwin in Laconia was the best (salesman Rick John), and I eventually bought from them. They found me a model and color that every one else said didn't exist in the northeast, and acquired it from another dealer. In the process, I also used the search features in Edmunds and kbb to see what was in stock in the region.

Good luck.
Old 07-11-2008, 08:39 AM   #6
Toyota.com is basing availability on the 2008 line which is pretty much exhausted especially if I want a 4 cyl. Probably go with a 2009, online pricing for these isn't quite up to date yet, but I'll keep looking.
See ya,
BY
Old 07-13-2008, 07:11 PM   #8
Lord of Tomfoolery
genxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
genxer36's Tacoma Gallery
$2000 Rebate for 2008 Tacomas through July 31st

Edmunds.com

or Carsdirect.com There is a free version where they connect you with local dealers & then there is a pay service(for a fee they will get you a good price with the dealers). I have used the FREE one in the past & have done very well on my own. I priced an 08 taco DC with the rebate & it came out about $1700 below invoice. I have haggled even more off of what cars direct pricing showed at a dealer before.

Good luck!
Sean
Old 01-06-2009, 06:57 PM   #9
williegator will become famous soon enough

Navy:
williegator's Tacoma Gallery
I looked on ebay and contacted the dealers listing new trucks and emailed them (most have their email address in the listing)...saved me major $ over local deals offered...