Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Deals & Coupons

Notices

Cheap D-rings

Old 08-18-2008, 09:43 PM   #1
Toyhauler is on a distinguished road
Toyhauler's Tacoma Gallery
Cheap D-rings

http://www.armysurpluswarehouse.com/...r-500-3752.cfm

I believe that these are the same ones that piercedtiger wrote about, I happen to find them cheaper then the link that was provided in the thread.

Just a heads up in case you were looking for some.
Old 08-18-2008, 09:47 PM   #2
"Living life in the FAST lane..."
05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

05PreRunner's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to 05PreRunner
Good Find! I might be buying some...
Old 08-18-2008, 09:58 PM   #3
Wife thinks I am done Modding truck
Imrubicon is on a distinguished road

Army: Crash rescue\Medivac
Imrubicon's Tacoma Gallery
I wonder what shipping would be ?????
Duh 6.79 for 4 of them .
Cause I might make a mistake LOL
Old 08-19-2008, 07:10 PM   #4
buyobuyo is just really nicebuyobuyo is just really nicebuyobuyo is just really nicebuyobuyo is just really nicebuyobuyo is just really nice

buyobuyo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imrubicon View Post
I wonder what shipping would be ?????
Duh 6.79 for 4 of them .
Cause I might make a mistake LOL
I sure hope you didn't put 4 in the qty because they're sold in sets of 5, so you'll be getting 20 if you did.
Old 08-19-2008, 07:31 PM   #5
Scavenger
zombot is a name known to allzombot is a name known to allzombot is a name known to allzombot is a name known to allzombot is a name known to allzombot is a name known to all

zombot's Tacoma Gallery
five's kind of an odd number to mount in a rectangle wtf?

edit- oh never mind i see it's army surplus.

"breaking strength: 2,400 lbs. Safe working load: 800 lbs."

only as good as the bolt holding it to the bed
Old 08-19-2008, 08:45 PM   #6
Wife thinks I am done Modding truck
Imrubicon is on a distinguished road

Army: Crash rescue\Medivac
Imrubicon's Tacoma Gallery
Duh again I didnt order but that is funny LOL
I could have ended up with 20 of them .
Thanks for the heads up for us slow learners that dont read the fine print
Old 08-19-2008, 10:58 PM   #7
"Living life in the FAST lane..."
05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

05PreRunner's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to 05PreRunner
Quote:
Originally Posted by buyobuyo View Post
I sure hope you didn't put 4 in the qty because they're sold in sets of 5, so you'll be getting 20 if you did.
LMAO! now THAT would be hilarious
Old 08-20-2008, 03:40 PM   #8
Devout Atheist
piercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jon
piercedtiger's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to piercedtiger
Thanks. I added the link to the Cheap/free thread for people looking there and not in this section.
Old 08-25-2008, 04:05 PM   #9
Toyhauler is on a distinguished road
Toyhauler's Tacoma Gallery
NP guys, just trying to hook up TW b/c modding can get expensive! haha LOL @ ordering 5 LOL
Old 08-25-2008, 05:02 PM   #10
rdcowan will become famous soon enough
rdcowan's Tacoma Gallery
I'd go OEM...

I think you'll be much happier if you go ahead and spend a little more money and get the official Toyota parts. I bought two of them and put them in the front-bottom corners of my 2007 Tacoma bed and they look and work like you'd expect OEM parts to. (Instructions are in another thread on this forum...) They come with the bolts/nuts/washers just like the two in the back. I understand economy is important but maybe not in this case. Here's a current price for a pair from www.toyotapartspeople.com :

Toyota part# PT785-35054 - D-Rings - Tie Downs - Truck bed D-ring (1 pair)
1$19.20$19.20Ground Shipping$10.75 Total:$29.95
Old 08-25-2008, 05:34 PM   #11
Devout Atheist
piercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jon
piercedtiger's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to piercedtiger
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdcowan View Post
I think you'll be much happier if you go ahead and spend a little more money and get the official Toyota parts. I bought two of them and put them in the front-bottom corners of my 2007 Tacoma bed and they look and work like you'd expect OEM parts to. (Instructions are in another thread on this forum...) They come with the bolts/nuts/washers just like the two in the back. I understand economy is important but maybe not in this case. Here's a current price for a pair from www.toyotapartspeople.com :

Toyota part# PT785-35054 - D-Rings - Tie Downs - Truck bed D-ring (1 pair)
1$19.20$19.20Ground Shipping$10.75 Total:$29.95
No offense, but I'll stick with ones bolted to the frame than ones bolted to the composite bed. I've seen too many plastic parts break under tension, and there's no way a load is pulling out a 6" bolt. Well, if it did you have bigger problems.