Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Deals & Coupons

Notices

XM Radio Subscription

Old 04-08-2011, 09:05 AM   #21
thedude is on a distinguished road
Air Force:
Name: Lucas
thedude's Tacoma Gallery
I read on another forum that they have stopped doing this. They won't offer promo's anymore - wonder if that's true.
Old 04-08-2011, 10:05 AM   #22
There's no place like 127.0.0.1
BuckNakedBooda is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckNakedBooda is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckNakedBooda is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckNakedBooda is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckNakedBooda is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckNakedBooda is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckNakedBooda is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckNakedBooda is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckNakedBooda is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckNakedBooda is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckNakedBooda is one of the sharper tools in the shed

BuckNakedBooda's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedude View Post
I read on another forum that they have stopped doing this. They won't offer promo's anymore - wonder if that's true.
I just did this a few weeks ago and a friend of mine just renewed this last Monday...
Old 04-08-2011, 04:12 PM   #23
wrecklessfool is on a distinguished road
Navy: Aviation Maintenance Officer
Name: Jason
wrecklessfool's Tacoma Gallery
I just installed my AVIC-X920BT yesterday and also bought the Pioneer XM module. I called XM and told them I saw an offer for the $77/year promo (I actually never saw that anywhere). The rep asked where I saw it and I told him I couldn't remember but online somewhere. He said no problem and with the taxes and fees it came out to $90 for 12 months of XM Everything. Just be careful if you use a credit card for payment as your plan will AUTOMATICALLY renew in 12 months at whatever the current price is. Just make sure you call and do the "threaten to cancel" routine in 11 months or so and get the good deal again!

Just wanted to let everyone know the $77/year deal is alive and well!
Old 04-08-2011, 04:21 PM   #24
TacoTodd is on a distinguished road
TacoTodd's Tacoma Gallery
XM or Sirius

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblaich View Post
I'm just curious which package you guys are getting for $77/year. Is it the XM everything package? Just wanted to know what I should be bargaining for... Thanks!
I have had both XM and Sirius. I purchased a life time subscription to sirius for $350 and is transferable. XM will not even discuss a life time,which I do not understand because Sirius bought out Xm.
Old 04-08-2011, 04:26 PM   #25
Hunker Down You Hairy Dawg!
TacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
TacoDawgfan's Tacoma Gallery
I wonder if there is the possibility of a group buy on subscriptions to XM? Just a thought as I will run out in a month and my wife's has expired also.
Old 04-09-2011, 10:55 AM   #26
othater is a glorious beacon of lightothater is a glorious beacon of lightothater is a glorious beacon of lightothater is a glorious beacon of lightothater is a glorious beacon of light
othater's Tacoma Gallery
I got XM everything plus the best of Sirius for around $105. I go down to BestBuy and buy the XM Gift card and use that as payment so I dont have to add a CC.
Old 04-10-2011, 08:21 AM   #29
If The World Didn't Suck, We'd All Fall Off
Rocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
Rocketball's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedude View Post
I just added my wife's factory Sirius to my subscription 2 weeks ago and got the $77 deal.

And, you really don't need to worry about giving them a CC number and getting jambed for the full price next year. I have been a subscriber for 5 years, and I always get a notice in the mail about 2 months before my subscription ends letting me know that they will be automatically renewing me for another year, and will be charging my CC. When you get that notice, all you have to do is call them and threaten to cancel. They will give you the $77 price again. I've been doing this for many years and it always works.
Old 04-10-2011, 08:32 AM   #30
Hunker Down You Hairy Dawg!
TacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
TacoDawgfan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocketball View Post
I just added my wife's factory Sirius to my subscription 2 weeks ago and got the $77 deal.

And, you really don't need to worry about giving them a CC number and getting jambed for the full price next year. I have been a subscriber for 5 years, and I always get a notice in the mail about 2 months before my subscription ends letting me know that they will be automatically renewing me for another year, and will be charging my CC. When you get that notice, all you have to do is call them and threaten to cancel. They will give you the $77 price again. I've been doing this for many years and it always works.
So will they give you that deal on 2 units? I am considering me and my wife's but not sure if I should try for both at the same time, one at a time or if it even matters. I think I would renew if I could get both at that price, but not worth it to us if not. My wife's ran out and I have about a month left on mine.
Old 04-10-2011, 08:57 PM   #31
kasbec12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkasbec12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkasbec12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkasbec12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkasbec12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkasbec12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkasbec12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkasbec12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkasbec12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkasbec12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkasbec12 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Lou
kasbec12's Tacoma Gallery
I called XM this evening (1-800-682-4114) and mentioned TW members receiving the $77 deal for year subscription. They game me no hassles and honored the price. After taxes and royalty fee, $85 charged to credit card. They did mentioned that after one year, it will be at full price and it will automatically bill to my cc.
Old 04-17-2011, 11:45 AM   #32
IamHimeros is on a distinguished road
IamHimeros's Tacoma Gallery
works...just activated an additional radio and change the plan on my original radio to this, both for 77/yr (85.32 after taxes). Made sure that I would get a reminder on both radios 2 months ahead of expiration (so I can do this again)
Old 04-17-2011, 12:12 PM   #33
ddmag52 has much to be proud ofddmag52 has much to be proud ofddmag52 has much to be proud ofddmag52 has much to be proud ofddmag52 has much to be proud ofddmag52 has much to be proud ofddmag52 has much to be proud ofddmag52 has much to be proud ofddmag52 has much to be proud of
Air Force: 326 airlift Sq
ddmag52's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by IamHimeros View Post
works...just activated an additional radio and change the plan on my original radio to this, both for 77/yr (85.32 after taxes). Made sure that I would get a reminder on both radios 2 months ahead of expiration (so I can do this again)
Did you get both of them for 77/yr or 77 for each one.
Old 04-22-2011, 08:06 PM   #34
Sheppymach is one of the sharper tools in the shedSheppymach is one of the sharper tools in the shedSheppymach is one of the sharper tools in the shedSheppymach is one of the sharper tools in the shedSheppymach is one of the sharper tools in the shedSheppymach is one of the sharper tools in the shedSheppymach is one of the sharper tools in the shedSheppymach is one of the sharper tools in the shedSheppymach is one of the sharper tools in the shedSheppymach is one of the sharper tools in the shedSheppymach is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sheppy
Sheppymach's Tacoma Gallery
so this is the third time my wife and i are calling XM. they are asking for a code # for the $77 deal. I've totally lost my temper 30 times on 1 call alone, my wife the calm one just got done screaming. Does anyone have a code # so the house will be back to normal...... Thanks
Old 04-23-2011, 07:58 AM   #37
If The World Didn't Suck, We'd All Fall Off
Rocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
Rocketball's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoDawgfan View Post
So will they give you that deal on 2 units? I am considering me and my wife's but not sure if I should try for both at the same time, one at a time or if it even matters. I think I would renew if I could get both at that price, but not worth it to us if not. My wife's ran out and I have about a month left on mine.
Both radios on my account got the $77 annual deal. Total cost for the year is $144 plus tax and fees.

I did not do the 2 radio deal at the same time as they renew at different times of the year, so I'm not sure how that would go, but from my experience with them, I don't think it would be a problem.
Old 04-23-2011, 09:46 AM   #38
Indian Shifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndian Shifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndian Shifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndian Shifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndian Shifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndian Shifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndian Shifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndian Shifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndian Shifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndian Shifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndian Shifter is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ashil
Indian Shifter's Tacoma Gallery
Mine should have expired 26 Feb..3 months are purchase.... still receiving loud and clear....received aletter from XM about how boring the long drives with out XM are and how I should reconnect as soon as possible....Well it is still working fine with no subscription
Old 04-23-2011, 06:30 PM   #40
Sheppymach is one of the sharper tools in the shedSheppymach is one of the sharper tools in the shedSheppymach is one of the sharper tools in the shedSheppymach is one of the sharper tools in the shedSheppymach is one of the sharper tools in the shedSheppymach is one of the sharper tools in the shedSheppymach is one of the sharper tools in the shedSheppymach is one of the sharper tools in the shedSheppymach is one of the sharper tools in the shedSheppymach is one of the sharper tools in the shedSheppymach is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sheppy
Sheppymach's Tacoma Gallery
Ok so I got all my ducks in a row. found 2 different codes and called the xm people. First girl stated she could'nt auth so she transfered me. The second woman started with the run around so i gave her the forcefull get it done or im out routine. She then decided she could'nt do it either and told me she was going to transfer me to someone else. I used a few choice words kept her on a minute longer a gave her a few more. Next girl gets on gives me $77 deal and i was off 5 minutes later. Added wifes portable and both are 166 a year. In total an hour & 15 minutes on phone yesterday. 40 minutes on today. Why was that so hard XM????? At least its done.